[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Inbound calls from SIP trunk are muted until hold/un-hold pressed (plus Vtalk alert!)
rkroes Offline

Exclamation Inbound calls from SIP trunk are muted until hold/un-hold pressed (plus Vtalk alert!)
I really need some help with this from the Yealink technical gurus, who no doubt can solve this in 30 about seconds flat…

In our small & new(ish) office we have 10 Yealink phones (2 x T32G, 2 x T38G and 6 x T29G) connected to an Asterisk PBX (v11.14.1) which I configured over the weekend. All handsets exhibit the same weird phenomenon. Everything works perfectly internally, except when answering incoming calls from a SIP Trunk (in my case Engin) - the microphone is muted almost instantly after lifting the handset (the caller can sometimes hear the first split second). If we put the call on hold and then un-hold it, a perfectly clear two-way conversation resumes. Also calls which go to voicemail are perfectly fine, so its likely to be handset related. This exact same issue occurred some months back (then connected to a Vtalk PBX appliance) and I fixed it that time by obtaining the latest Yealink firmware. I’ve checked and I already have the latest firmware right now…

These same handsets all did work fine when they were when connected to the Vtalk PBX appliance, so it seems likely that changing a setting in either Asterisk or the handsets might fix this... I expect the people in this forum probably know a fair bit about both :-), so I'm hopeful of a quick resolution...

So any help will be *greatly* appreciated!

VTALK ALERT!

In case anyone who reads this is wondering why I made the urgent switch from the Vtalk PBX appliance (vtalk.com.au) to a home-grown Asterisk setup? The unit mysteriously bricked itself overnight last week. When I called Vtalk for support the following day I could not get a hold of anyone and none my voicemails were ever returned. When I finally did get through later in the afternoon (to someone in the cloud support team) he seemed willing enough to help, but advised me that there were no hardware technicians available to assist me, and that they no longer were able to provide replacements units due to a hardware (& technician) shortage, and that the Vtalk PBX appliance had been withdrawn from sale for this reason. They offered me a free "upgrade" to their cloud solution, but none of my handsets are supported... So I was left with an office full of dead phones - not great for business! To the Vtalk "cloud support" person's credit I did receive a follow up email today. It seems the cost of repairs (if not under warranty) will be $500+GST (with a 3 day turn-around) - That's more than half the purchase price of the unit! Needless to say alarm bells are ringing... I hope this helps some else, or am I the only sod in Australia who bought one? Ah well, I'm *almost* home free - with a little bit your help :-)

Cheers - Rob.
07-06-2015 04:40 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Inbound calls from SIP trunk are muted until hold/un-hold pressed (plus Vtalk alert!) - rkroes - 07-06-2015 04:40 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  MP56 phones crashing whilst consult/transfer Teams calls mjuliano 1 3,149 09-27-2022 11:26 PM
Last Post: guillaume.novo
  T57W Call Park Alert bcramer 1 5,856 10-29-2021 05:33 AM
Last Post: livehappy42
  MP50 Transfer Calls? pbregistrations@yourprofitbuilders.com 1 8,128 09-08-2021 02:48 AM
Last Post: microdaft
Question MP50 - Make calls from Outlook? CTekNYC 0 3,205 07-17-2021 12:52 AM
Last Post: CTekNYC
  Automatic recall of calls on hold T54W n00604443 2 8,703 03-02-2021 09:48 PM
Last Post: n00604443
  T46S multiple line - on hold issue sprintership 1 7,369 01-07-2020 05:19 PM
Last Post: Yisroel_MongoTEL
  T46S couple line on hold sprintership 2 9,449 11-22-2019 10:56 PM
Last Post: sprintership
  T29G can't hang up call unless end call is pressed Bizfon 1 8,596 11-14-2019 07:51 AM
Last Post: Paz_Yealink
  T29G Park Calls Pettis 7 20,446 12-30-2016 01:43 AM
Last Post: Jensen_Yealink
  T29G - Alert info autoanswer fails Santi 5 15,928 06-28-2016 10:05 PM
Last Post: Santi