[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Automatic global reset?
sjamaan Offline

Brick Automatic global reset?
Hi there,

We are working on software for an appliance that allows us to plug phones into it, just before shipping these phones to customers, so that they are in a known pre-configured state. We do this using the autoprovisioning mechanism, and it's working pretty well for us so far.

When a customer returns a phone to us, we might want to reconfigure it for a new customer. However, in order to safely do this, I would like to be able to reset all configuration options to their "empty" (or factory default) values to ensure that no information from the previous customer sticks around in the configuration. These settings might be business-sensitive or they could cause problems if they've customised things like proxy servers, different passwords and so on.

As the provisioning documentation says, fields can be reset to factory defaults by setting the field value to !NULL! or %NULL%. However, there are over a thousand available configuration options (if you include all the numbered accounts and so on), and I would not like to list all of them exhaustively in my application (and risk missing some, too!). Is there a way to completely reset a phone to factory defaults automatically? Preferably via the mac-specific or generic configuration file or through a DHCP option, but any other option that can be completely automated would be acceptable as well.

If that's not possible, is there a fool-proof hardware way of resetting the phones? I know the phone can be reset to factory defaults by pressing and holding the "OK" button, but I also saw that there's an option in the configuration that allows you to disable this.
10-23-2015 03:24 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Automatic global reset? - sjamaan - 10-23-2015 03:24 PM
RE: Automatic global reset? - sjamaan - 10-29-2015, 07:04 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Reset T53W, goes to Redirector prompt ctsmetrony 0 1,511 11-01-2022 04:14 AM
Last Post: ctsmetrony
  Hard reset a T20P and erase config Kevinlloyd 32 130,875 12-02-2021 05:54 AM
Last Post: callisap
  Update settings/reprovision automatically without factory reset FrankDRNS 2 8,150 05-01-2020 01:17 AM
Last Post: voipsupport
  Hard reset t20p llceceron 9 33,616 11-13-2019 11:38 AM
Last Post: olaf_89
  Factory Reset via Provision Andrews1 3 11,426 07-02-2019 03:09 PM
Last Post: Fraukas2
  hard reset arjanring 2 8,716 11-03-2015 01:05 PM
Last Post: arjanring
  Not updating config after factory reset bart2puck 3 12,127 09-24-2014 10:13 AM
Last Post: James_Yealink