Yealink Forums

Full Version: Phonebook generation tool VBA permissions problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(12-03-2013 11:08 AM)Yealink Support Wrote: [ -> ]Hi ClausMoller,

Can you upgrade to the latest version of T46G which has fixed some issues?
Then try again?

Now my firmware is updated but i can still not open the remotephonebook
(11-30-2013 12:41 PM)ccwtech Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2013 03:59 PM)Yealink Support Wrote: [ -> ]Hi peterf,

Please refer to the user guide of Yealink Phonebook Generation Tool.
http://www.yealink.com/Upload/T4X/GA/Yea...952205.zip

I can generate a remote phonebook using this tool as user guide.
1. So please save this tool as " Excel Macro-Enabled Workbook " first
2. Then open this Excel Macro-Enabled Workbook tool
3. Enable macro in this tool
4. Then fill the value in the tool
5. click the" Create Remote Phonebook"
6. it will be work

Hope above information can help you.

I am also getting VBA error. Windows 8.1, Office Excel 2013. I've followed Steps 1-6 above.

For me also the VBA error - Windows 8.1 Pro, Excel 2013 (v 15.0.4605.1000 32 bit). I've followed the 6 Steps. But step 5 failed with VBA error "Permission to use object denied"

Edit1 : I test the phone book of ClausMoller (downloaded here), it works perfectly with the embeded web server of a Synology NAS

Edit2 : I tried with Excel 2010 and the file is generated correctly - if I find a way to use Excel 2013 I'll post the solution here

Jacques Dieu
PC SoftWare - BeMyPhone
Belgium
There are possibly two problems here.

The Yealink Phonebook Generation Tool opens in Excel 2010 and 2013 ok.

When either of the buttons is pressed, you get the "Permission to use object denied message" or "Compile error in hidden module ??1".

First, you need "Microsoft XML, v3.0" reference in VBA to resolve DOMDocument. (From Excel, Alt-F11 to open the VBA editor, then Tools, References, locate and tick "Microsoft XML, v3.0".)

The problem then is that the Excel macros save to the C:\ drive. In some environments, the user does not have write permissions to C:\. Easiest solution would be to find a PC that allows you to write to the C:\ as default.

Yealink may consider adding support for a variable on the PhoneBook tab in which the user can specify a path.

Hope this helps
Hi Les Firth,

Thanks for your share and suggestion. We will add this our FAQ and feedback it to our Programmer.

Regards,
James
Thanks James,

The attached xlsm file (for Excel 2007 and later) provides the support. The VBA code checks for a "Path" name in/at PhoneBook!H3, but does not validate it. Therefore if an incorrect path is specified, you will still get the "Permission to use object denied" message.

Thanks

Les[attachment=1288]
(01-24-2015 08:19 AM)Les Firth Wrote: [ -> ]There are possibly two problems here.

The Yealink Phonebook Generation Tool opens in Excel 2010 and 2013 ok.

When either of the buttons is pressed, you get the "Permission to use object denied message" or "Compile error in hidden module ??1".

First, you need "Microsoft XML, v3.0" reference in VBA to resolve DOMDocument. (From Excel, Alt-F11 to open the VBA editor, then Tools, References, locate and tick "Microsoft XML, v3.0".)

The problem then is that the Excel macros save to the C:\ drive. In some environments, the user does not have write permissions to C:\. Easiest solution would be to find a PC that allows you to write to the C:\ as default.

Yealink may consider adding support for a variable on the PhoneBook tab in which the user can specify a path.

Hope this helps

I'm getting the Compile error in hidden module ??1 problem. Microsoft help suggests that this is due to trying to run 32-bit code in the hidden module on 64-bit Excel. Les, have you used the tool with 64-bit Excel? I looked for Tools > References but that is greyed out, possibly because it's a click to run Office installation.

Yealink, why such a horrible tool? And only for Windows. Why can't you distribute something written in say Python to convert CSV to XML which would work on more platforms?
Hi Ken,

The hidden module issue is because you don't have the password for the macro. There is IMHO no good reason for the password, which is very easy to guess. Until you have the macro password, the VBA Tools, References... option is greyed out.

Please use the file I uploaded on 24-Jan-15. It has no password (sorry yealink), and you can specify a path to use other than C:\. My addition is rather primitive, but works for this very handy utility.

You may or may not then have the "Microsoft XML, 3.0" reference problem, which should be simple to correct.

Good luck.

Les
(02-09-2015 10:19 AM)Les Firth Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Ken,

The hidden module issue is because you don't have the password for the macro. There is IMHO no good reason for the password, which is very easy to guess. Until you have the macro password, the VBA Tools, References... option is greyed out.

Please use the file I uploaded on 24-Jan-15. It has no password (sorry yealink), and you can specify a path to use other than C:\. My addition is rather primitive, but works for this very handy utility.

You may or may not then have the "Microsoft XML, 3.0" reference problem, which should be simple to correct.

Good luck.

Les

Thanks Les,

I can now see the module, but I still have the same permission problem. I checked under Tools > References and Microsoft XML 3.0 is ticked. Any ideas?
Specify a path you have write access to in cell H3 in the PhoneBook sheet.
(02-09-2015 11:32 AM)Les Firth Wrote: [ -> ]Specify a path you have write access to in cell H3 in the PhoneBook sheet.

Ah ok, great thanks very much. I also found that I should have a trailing \ on the path.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's