Yealink Forums

Full Version: Phonebook generation tool VBA permissions problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello,

The modified version of the tool is a great improvement and helpful, however, I have found the following issues that are making it harder to make use of...

- The Path field, apparently, can't be longer than 32 characters.
- It would be nice if I could use a Windows Environment Variable in the Path such as "%USERPROFILE%" which is the same as "%SystemDrive%\Users\{username}"

Are modifications possible that might solve those issues?

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

-Bob
(10-16-2013 06:57 AM)peterf Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

I am trying to use the Yealink Phonebook Generation Tool to create a remote xml phonebook.

When I click the Remote Phonebook button I get a Microsoft VBA error box saying Permission to use object denied.

Any ideas?

Quite keen to get this to work as I have a customer that wants the feature.

thanks

Hello,

I came over this issue yesterday and found a resolution to it. On your computer open Microsoft Excel as an administrator (Run As administrator), you will then have permission to write to the C drive. Then open the file through Exel. You will be able to generate your phonebook now.

Thanks

Hayden
(04-23-2016 04:58 PM)hayden.hooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-16-2013 06:57 AM)peterf Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

I am trying to use the Yealink Phonebook Generation Tool to create a remote xml phonebook.

When I click the Remote Phonebook button I get a Microsoft VBA error box saying Permission to use object denied.

Any ideas?

Quite keen to get this to work as I have a customer that wants the feature.

thanks

Hello,

I came over this issue yesterday and found a resolution to it. On your computer open Microsoft Excel as an administrator (Run As administrator), you will then have permission to write to the C drive. Then open the file through Exel. You will be able to generate your phonebook now.

Thanks

Hayden
Hello,
I know it has been some time since you posted this but, I am having trouble with the generator as well. Your steps allowed me to bypass the VBA permission issues. I am now getting an error that states "Compile Error: User-Defined type not found." Any thoughts on what this means? I am using Excel 2010 x86. Any help is appreciated.
Thank you
JG2016
[/quote]
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's