Yealink Forums
T53W - entry of symbols from keypad? - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T5X Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Thread: T53W - entry of symbols from keypad? (/showthread.php?tid=45893)

T53W - entry of symbols from keypad? - jhaFF - 07-07-2022 06:00 AM

I know this sounds really dumb, but our new Yealink T53W was just installed by our Internet provider.

The online documentation describes how to enter things like a pound sign (#) while you are already connected on a call. Typically, those instructions say:

"When you need to type in symbol such as “?” or “@” with phone, you can the input method to "ABC" or "2ab" by pressing soft key, then press star (*) key on bottom left of the pad to select the symbol as you want."

The accompanying photo shows the "soft key" to be the second button from the left underneath the display screen.

When I hit this button when already connected on a call, I activate the Hold function - no alternate entry method is shown. This is obviously a simple thing, but I cannot figure it out.

Anyone? FWIW, my Internet provider, who has just begun supplying these phones, did not know, either!

RE: T53W - entry of symbols from keypad? - Yisroel_MongoTEL - 07-07-2022 10:11 PM

Just wondering, what use is it to enter “?” or “@” in the middle of a phone call? I do not believe those are sent in the call anyway.

(And a # and * you can dial from the normal keypad.)

RE: T53W - entry of symbols from keypad? - jhaFF - 07-07-2022 11:46 PM

(07-07-2022 10:11 PM)Yisroel_MongoTEL Wrote:  Just wondering, what use is it to enter “?” or “@” in the middle of a phone call? I do not believe those are sent in the call anyway.

(And a # and * you can dial from the normal keypad.)

I need to enter the pound symbol (#) - but when I try just hitting this key, it does not send the pound symbol.

Several of of our online services accessible by phone require the pound symbol after a numeric entry.

RE: T53W - entry of symbols from keypad? - Yisroel_MongoTEL - 07-07-2022 11:48 PM

(07-07-2022 11:46 PM)jhaFF Wrote:  I need to enter the pound symbol (#) - but when I try just hitting this key, it does not send the pound symbol.

Several of of our online services accessible by phone require the pound symbol after a numeric entry.

Then you have an issue.

But your issue isn't about you not finding the softkey, since even the hardkey # doesn't work.

RE: T53W - entry of symbols from keypad? - jhaFF - 07-08-2022 12:04 AM

(07-07-2022 11:48 PM)Yisroel_MongoTEL Wrote:  
(07-07-2022 11:46 PM)jhaFF Wrote:  I need to enter the pound symbol (#) - but when I try just hitting this key, it does not send the pound symbol.

Then you have an issue.

But your issue isn't about you not finding the softkey, since even the hardkey # doesn't work.

Thanks - I will investigate with VOIP service supplier - but in general, their tech "support" is pretty much useless to this point.

RE: T53W - entry of symbols from keypad? - Yisroel_MongoTEL - 07-08-2022 12:15 AM

(07-08-2022 12:04 AM)jhaFF Wrote:  Thanks - I will investigate with VOIP service supplier - but in general, their tech "support" is pretty much useless to this point.

Maybe try switching around the DTMF Type setting (in the Web GUI under Account>Advanced) RFC2833 is the most commonly used, but you can try the others.

(Also, I'm wondering if it really doesn't work the # sign. You can try calling a test line like 416-342-9562 - from http://thetestcall.blogspot.com/ - and choose Option 8 to get a DTMF read back of what you dial, and try the # button to see if it works.)