Yealink Forums
Show "called line" on phone? - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General topics (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Show "called line" on phone? (/showthread.php?tid=44909)

Show "called line" on phone? - Voodoopupp - 02-24-2021 10:41 PM

Hi,

I am new to the forum because we are interested in buying some of the Yealink phones, but before we can get to the buying process, we need to clear out some things.

Now I am unaware of this question:
I know it is possible to use multiple lines - this means a telephone can receive calls under different numbers, right?!

But I am not sure if it is possible to do it as we want it!

Here is an example what we want to achieve:
there is "Bob" who has the internal number "12", so he can be called by XXXXXX-12 for sure.

Now we have defined some external numbers in our "PBX" (bintec elmeg be.IP Plus):
XXXXXX-10 -> Sales Department
XXXXXX-20 -> Marketing
XXXXXX-30 -> Customer Service
XXXXXX-40 -> IT Service

These external lines are mapped inside of the PBX to "Team 85"
So Bob is one of the people who is responsible for all the mentioned external lines abd therefore he is logged in that Team.

So now a call is coming in at XXXXXX-10 (Sales) from customers Number 123456789, the PBX is throwing the call to Team 85, and there line "12" is the first member. So Bobs line 12 is ringing now.

How does Bob know, that the number the customer called is "Sales"?

Would be perfect, if the display can show:
is calling
"Sales"

Then Bob knows which program on the computer he needs and also how he should answer.

Is this possible and how?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
And no: we do not want to use different "teams/groups" inside the PBX and Bob gets different numbers for all the teams like:
11 - Bob Sales
21 - Bob Marketing
31 - Bob Customer Service
41 - IT Service

We want to have only one number per user, so that they can login/logout from the "Team 85" easily with only one button. Because the users are not at their desks all time.

Best regards
Vodoopupp

RE: Show "called line" on phone? - complex1 - 02-25-2021 02:29 AM

(02-24-2021 10:41 PM)Voodoopupp Wrote:  Hi,

I am new to the forum because we are interested in buying some of the Yealink phones, but before we can get to the buying process, we need to clear out some things.

Now I am unaware of this question:
I know it is possible to use multiple lines - this means a telephone can receive calls under different numbers, right?!

But I am not sure if it is possible to do it as we want it!

Here is an example what we want to achieve:
there is "Bob" who has the internal number "12", so he can be called by XXXXXX-12 for sure.

Now we have defined some external numbers in our "PBX" (bintec elmeg be.IP Plus):
XXXXXX-20 -> Marketing
XXXXXX-40 -> IT Service

These external lines are mapped inside of the PBX to "Team 85"
So Bob is one of the people who is responsible for all the mentioned external lines abd therefore he is logged in that Team.

So now a call is coming in at XXXXXX-10 (Sales) from customers Number 123456789, the PBX is throwing the call to Team 85, and there line "12" is the first member. So Bobs line 12 is ringing now.

How does Bob know, that the number the customer called is "Sales"?

Would be perfect, if the display can show:
is calling
"Sales"

Then Bob knows which program on the computer he needs and also how he should answer.

Is this possible and how?

And no: we do not want to use different "teams/groups" inside the PBX and Bob gets different numbers for all the teams like:
11 - Bob Sales
21 - Bob Marketing
31 - Bob Customer Service
41 - IT Service

We want to have only one number per user, so that they can login/logout from the "Team 85" easily with only one button. Because the users are not at their desks all time.

Best regards
Vodoopupp

Hi,

The answer of most.. no all of your questions must be found in the PBX you are using.
The phones simply follow the commands from the PBX.

If a phone have say 12 SIP accounts, then the phone can receive 12 calls.
But keep in mind if you have answered a call and you are still on that call and a second call comes in the phone won't ring.

Hope this will help.

RE: Show "called line" on phone? - Voodoopupp - 02-25-2021 04:17 PM

Hi,

thanks for your feedback.

I am unsure, if we do understand each other correctly Wink

We do have a SIP Trunk which is managed in the PBX, in my Example Bob has the extension "12"

But Bob is just a part of the Team 85, where all these people are in:
Name - Extension
Bob - 12
Jane - 13
Ron - 14
Andy - 15
Tina - 16

Now ALL of these extensions should ring linear, when someone is calling these external numbers:
XXXXXX-20 -> Marketing
XXXXXX-40 -> IT Service

Means: firstly Bobs phone is ringing, if he does not answer or is already talking, Janes phone rings and so on.

But sometimes they are not at their desks, so everybody should be able to logout/login of the Team with "one click".
Also it is not possible to configure external lines to the different phones! The PBX can only map one external number to one phone!
Therefore wen need to use teams/groups, so a team can manage multiple numbers.

And for the question if our PBX can pass the needed information to the phone in general: YES, this is possible!
here is a screenshot of a different phone, which could handle it the way I want.
But this is an old model, which is no longer produced and still uses ISDN (we only can handle IP Phones).
[attachment=5904]

So here the phone can show the called external line "Sales" and the extention.

Hope, this is possible with the Yealinks in any kind of way!?

Regards
Voodoopupp