Yealink Forums
Caller ID not scrolling for T38 phones - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Phone specific topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: T3xP Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Thread: Caller ID not scrolling for T38 phones (/showthread.php?tid=2085)

Caller ID not scrolling for T38 phones - sean.suntelnetworks - 07-17-2014 09:00 PM

Hello,

The company I work for is a reseller of just about everything Yealink/Yeastar.

We recently deployed a Yeastar Mypbx U100 to a client who had T28 and T38 phones.

The U100 seems to has the option to 'Post-pend' the Ring Group/IVR Name to the caller ID. Example: 8135551212 (ringgroup)

For the t28 phones, this doesn't seem to be a problem as the caller ID seems to scroll to show this. However, for the T38 phones, the caller ID doesn't scroll to show Ring Group or IVR name. Now, I'm confident that the U100 is set up correctly as the T28 shows correctly, AND the T38s show the caller ID correctly on the call waiting inbound call. (2nd call ringing while already on the call).

Anyone have an idea what I need to set on the T38 so that the initial call shows the caller id correctly? As you can imagine, the client of concern needs this specific feature to work correctly to best answer the phone calls for their different departments/organizations.

RE: Caller ID not scrolling for T38 phones - sean.suntelnetworks - 07-21-2014 10:36 PM

bump, anyone?

RE: Caller ID not scrolling for T38 phones - SvTech - 03-16-2015 09:08 PM

Did you manage to sort the name scrolling issue?
Just got same phones in office and no name scroll feature.

RE: Caller ID not scrolling for T38 phones - sean.suntelnetworks - 03-17-2015 01:54 AM

(03-16-2015 09:08 PM)SvTech Wrote:  Did you manage to sort the name scrolling issue?
Just got same phones in office and no name scroll feature.

Nope. Explained to the customer that this was a limitation with the T38 phones and recommended an upgrade to the T46.

Customer was much happier with the T46 phone.

It sucks that there is no Yeastar/Yealink collaborative forum. Literally, those devices work so well together.

RE: Caller ID not scrolling for T38 phones - Elaine_Yealink - 03-17-2015 02:27 AM

Dear Sean,

Thanks for your kind understanding. This is the hardware limitation on T38 phone and there is no configuration that fixes this issue.
But we've done optimization on other new phone models like T4x and new T2 series including T23/T27/T29. Hope our customers like these new products.

Regards
Elaine

RE: Caller ID not scrolling for T38 phones - CWR - 03-17-2015 11:52 AM

elaine,
Its nice you have all these new products - but there are a ton of T38's out there that need a new firmware. I feel like I was duped when I bought these, because within 6 months, you "did not announce" they were end of life. No official announcement from Yealink - and I keep hearing "if you need something in particular, just let us know" - why not just make these to v73 then EOL them. Atleast you gave everyone a final firmware and made an announcement. Right now, I would see this as a poor business practice and my boss has told me to buy no more Yealink products because of this.

RE: Caller ID not scrolling for T38 phones - Elaine_Yealink - 03-19-2015 05:32 AM

(03-17-2015 11:52 AM)craigreilly Wrote:  elaine,
Its nice you have all these new products - but there are a ton of T38's out there that need a new firmware. I feel like I was duped when I bought these, because within 6 months, you "did not announce" they were end of life. No official announcement from Yealink - and I keep hearing "if you need something in particular, just let us know" - why not just make these to v73 then EOL them. Atleast you gave everyone a final firmware and made an announcement. Right now, I would see this as a poor business practice and my boss has told me to buy no more Yealink products because of this.

Dear Craig,
Please check your private message box. Thanks
Regards
Elaine