Yealink Forums
Provisioning multicast settings – T42G - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Auto Provisioning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Provisioning multicast settings – T42G (/showthread.php?tid=1023)

Provisioning multicast settings – T42G - newvistech - 11-13-2013 11:01 PM

I am attempting to use the Multicast settings in the provisioning template to configure multicast paging on a large number of T42G phones. The phones are running the 29.71.0.112 firmware. I have entered the desired settings into the template and reprovisioned the phones, but the settings are not being applied. It is though that entire section of the template is being passed over. I have several other modifications within the template that are all being applied without issue, but none of the multicast settings are getting pushed out.

Here is the section from the template with my modifications:
################################################################################​#######
## Multicast ##

################################################################################​#######
#Configure the codec of multicast paging.
multicast.codec = PCMU

#Enbale or diable the phone to handle the incoming multicast paging calls when there is a multicast paging call on the phone; 0-Disabled, 1-Enabled (default);
#If enabled, the phone will answer the incoming multicast paging call with a higher priority and ignore that with a lower priority.
multicast.receive_priority.enable = 0

#Configure the priority of multicast paging calls. It ranges from 0 to 10.
multicast.receive_priority.priority = 0

#Configure the listening multicast IP address and port number for the phone. X ranges from 1 to 10.
#multicast.listen_address.X.ip_address =
multicast.listen_address.1.ip_address = 224.0.0.1:50001
multicast.listen_address.2.ip_address = 224.0.0.1:50002

#Configure the lable displayed on the LCD screen when receiving the multicast paging. X ranges from 1 to 10.
#multicast.listen_address.X.label =
multicast.listen_address.1.label = Page 1
multicast.listen_address.2.label = Page 2

################################################################################​​#######

Am I missing something? Is there another setting, or something that needs to be done beyond this for the multicast section to work properly?

Thanks.

UPDATE: There is another file involved in provisioning these phones: y000000000029.cfg, and that file also contains the multicast section. I don't fully understand the relationship between the files, but apparently this file either takes priority or gets applied after the phone's template file. Once I edited the multicast settings in this file, everything worked as expected.

RE: Provisioning multicast settings – T42G - CWR - 11-14-2013 08:07 AM

The Y00000... file is a global file for all phones.

The other one should be based on the mac address -for individual phones - not all users use the same BLS's... the Extension info, etc.

The phone users both files generally for setup.

Having a global file is good for BLF's such as call parking, and other global features.