[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
UVC40 camera freezes when connecting
jmoazv Offline

UVC40 camera freezes when connecting
Hello,

We have a small meeting room equiped with a YeaLink UVC40 camera below an LCD screen. Users connect to the screen via HDMI and to the camera via USB. Both cables are routed to connections in the middle of the meeting room table.

This has worked like a charm for the past year, but now all of a sudden some users are reporting issues with the camera. When they start a Teams meeting and select the UVC40 camera (instead of their laptop camera), the "eye" of the camera opens, and shuts after about a second. The other party in the meeting sees an image with big black bars on top and below, as if you'd squint with your eyes. So the camera works briefly, but then freezes. Teams then reports that the camera no longer works.

When I check Computer Management, I can see the YeaLink UVC40 camera under "camera's", no error there. But under "other devices" there is an entry called "YeaLink UVC40 Firmware" which has an error icon. I've tried updating the drivers for both, removing both, updating the firmware of the laptop, all possible drivers of the laptop, but to no avail.

I've upgraded the firmware of the UVC40 from 128.423.0.45 to 128.423.0.60 but it made no difference.

Finally I installed YeaLink Room Connect on my laptop (which does not have the problem) and a laptop of a colleague (who has the problem), and tried to access the camera directly. If I try to look at the camera settings, the behaviour is exactly the same in this application as in Teams - the eye opens, closes, and the camera freezes.

Does anyone recognize this behaviour? And, more important, does anyone have a solution or any suggestions I could try next?

Kind regards,

Joey
06-06-2024 09:20 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
UVC40 camera freezes when connecting - jmoazv - 06-06-2024 09:20 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  UVC40 - Freezing issues ecr@3ctechnology.no 2 3,691 01-31-2024 05:10 PM
Last Post: WilliamShipman
  UVC30 Content Camera - A30 Teams Compatibility CashfacIT 0 1,465 03-29-2023 06:27 PM
Last Post: CashfacIT
  MP56 phone stuck in Company Portal - Connecting loop jhurst@lansolutions.net 0 4,190 09-08-2022 06:59 AM
Last Post: jhurst@lansolutions.net
  Connecting T23G to iMac for internet karLP 0 3,499 06-11-2020 10:16 AM
Last Post: karLP