[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Exploring a service change
jan@libertyeng.net Offline

Exploring a service change
We are exploring using Yealink phones as provided by Verizon on Verizon Digital Voice system. Verizon techs seem stumped by us wanting device to device intercom and call transfer. We have two phone lines but would like to knock it back to just one. We are small; phone use is not heavy. We aren't a call center or cold calling operation. 7 employees in a single office suite with receptionist generally routing incoming calls to others in their workspaces.

Verizon's default is to sell T33 Yealink phones and they say we'd need two phone lines to transfer a call from reception's phone to another device. Per my research, T33s can only transfer to another phone number and have no intercom function. Verizon tells me they have a sort of push to talk paging system that can be used to announce something over all the other phones- not a good substitute for an intercom.

I'm asking if the W76P (W70B base plus W56H handset) with more W56H handsets around the office can leverage a single actual verizon phone line/number allowing:
-- intercom capability handset to handset (internal calls)
-- attended or blind transferring of calls to handset to handset
-- simultaneous calls by various handsets on internal and external calls

My research of the operating guides at Yealink lead me to believe yes to all three and I can't find a need for the second line. Verizon didn't agree because the quote I sent them said it applied to W70B and they only have the W76P. Sad

Is there anyone with experience on using the W70B plus W56H handsets on a single phone line?

Thanks in advance for any replies!
J Harris
Liberty Engineering
Virginia Beach, VA
12-04-2023 10:13 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Exploring a service change - jan@libertyeng.net - 12-04-2023 10:13 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  W56P Wishlist: change screensaver W56 handset complex1 4 15,638 01-18-2018 06:46 PM
Last Post: complex1