[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
T57W Multiple Issues
pamsGA Offline

Sad T57W Multiple Issues
I have the following questions and issues in our environment with the Yealink T57W. We have a 3CX system and the phones are running 96.86.0.74 firmware. Here are the issues we are having and what we have attempted to resolve them.

We have users that report the phone auto answering calls, despite Auto Answer being set to Off for each line in the phone UI. We have also tried to upload the following lines to a cfg file and upload that directly to the phone. account.1.auto_answer = 0, account.2.auto_answer = 0. I should also add that we are using the EHS 40 with a Plantronics Savi W740 headset. It seems that changing this setting in the UI has no effect on the phone and does not pass the setting to the phone despite it saying it is saving to the phone. I have not been able to confirm if adding them to the cfg file and uploading to the phone has any effect on not auto answering the calls. Do you have any idea why the phones would auto answer despite the settings saying otherwise?

The Forwarding feature on each phone seems to have zero effect on actually forwarding calls to another phone. We have turned the setting on in the phone UI with no effect. We have also tried setting the Always forward feature on the phone itself with no effect. We have also the following lines added to a cfg file with no effect. features.fwd.allow = 1 None of these things enable the actual forward feature and calls still ring through to the ext even when it displays that forwarding is enabled on the home screen of the phone. This is a must have as our sales folks constantly need to forward to other employees when they are on break or leaving early for the day. Please let me know asap if this even an option on this phone or if the setting is just arbitrary and has no actual effect on the phone.

We have also tried to set DND in a similar manner to the forwarding setting, as changing these settings in the UI and then confirming them seem to have zero effect changing anything on the phone. We've tested the following lines in a cfg file with mixed results. features.dnd.allow = 1. Adding this setting to a cfg file and uploading to the phone only seems to show that DND is enabled on the home screen but calls still come through to the main line and it seems to remove the user from the queue in 3CX.

I have another ticket open with Rowan, ID #258952 regarding suppressing the call display when end users are in the menu. He sent me the cfg line phone_setting.incoming_call_when_dialing.priority = 3 but when using this setting it seems to suppress all calls for a set duration somewhere around 2 to 3 minutes. During this time, no calls will come through to the phone. Is the number on the end of that line a parameter for how long this setting lasts? The issue is that they cannot do anything on the phone when there are calls coming in to either line. So Rowan sent that line to hopefully fix that but I feel as though the duration of that parameter is too long for our purposes. Can you advise on what we can do or if that value of 3 can be changed to shorten the duration?

We implemented the Yealink phones, as 3cx had updated the list of phones they support and the models we were using were no longer supported. I really want to like the T57w as a replacement, but so far our experience has been less than stellar. Functions that should work don't seem to work and there seems to be a disconnect between the phone UI and the actual settings on the phone. I'm hoping we can get these issues resolved very soon, as we are already invested in these phones.
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2023 12:36 AM by pamsGA.)
04-04-2023 12:35 AM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
T57W Multiple Issues - pamsGA - 04-04-2023 12:35 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  T57W/T58W Wifi Access point disablement cpalmateer 0 196 03-07-2024 06:39 AM
Last Post: cpalmateer
  T57W USB Quit Working card820 3 950 02-03-2024 01:45 AM
Last Post: seraphim19
  Exchange Account Calendar Sync/Display Issues mmartin 1 3,815 01-11-2024 12:29 AM
Last Post: Ran
  Different ringers for BLF's on T57W twood 0 543 11-09-2023 06:02 AM
Last Post: twood
  T57W Call Muffled bcramer 2 1,241 10-13-2023 08:00 AM
Last Post: bcramer
Question [T57W] 802.1X EAP-TLS Authentication problem HelmiSokrates 0 929 08-08-2023 01:38 PM
Last Post: HelmiSokrates
  T57W randomly rebooting mmarino51589 4 2,711 05-25-2023 02:54 PM
Last Post: CREPSBX
  Telecoil Mode T57W Flask8612 0 993 04-10-2023 08:38 PM
Last Post: Flask8612
  T57W using for Teams Telephony ck@itgnt.com 1 1,768 03-17-2023 08:27 PM
Last Post: complex1
  T57W remote phonebook with contact images glaeser 0 989 03-10-2023 04:18 PM
Last Post: glaeser