[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to prevent autoprovisining.
seraphim19 Offline

RE: How to prevent autoprovisining.
(10-25-2023 10:03 AM)ITdude87 Wrote:  A local company recently went out of business. At the auction I bought their phones, Yealink T54W as I have a sip setup buy my phones are from the dawn of time. They keep autoprovisining back to the old companies service. And the service still works, I get calls for them if I leave it plugged in.

I have tried factory resetting them, installing new firmware and setting erroneous settings for autoprovisining but no matter what I do after a few minutes they go back to the old companies stuff.

I have gotten the phones to work on my sip setup but it only lasts a couple minutes before the settings are wiped.

Sense this is persistent across factory defaulting and firmware flashes I presume the phone are phoning back to Yealink with a mac address or something to get the old settings.

How do I fix this? I don't really want to wire shark and setup firewall rules and the like.

The phones are likely getting their configuration from RPS/YMCS. You would have to get the inventory cleared from RPS. Likely a ticket to Yealink will need to be created if you do not already have an RPS account.

There was another recent thread about this:

http://forum.yealink.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=45638

If you try to use configurations to stop auto provisioning or turn off the device management (RPS/YMCS) configurations then the phone will likely work but if you ever need to factory reset a device it will auto P again to the previous provider. It is best to do a MAC removal from RPS.
02-01-2024 10:52 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How to prevent autoprovisining. - ITdude87 - 10-25-2023, 10:03 AM
RE: How to prevent autoprovisining. - seraphim19 - 02-01-2024 10:52 PM