[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MTLS using built in device cetificate
smuser Offline

RE: MTLS using built in device cetificate
Yealink has at least TWO separate CA's that I know of.

I initially setup and had it all working for T42S and few others. Then we bought few T46U and those failed to verify phone's certs because they were signed by a different CA.

I opened a ticket asking Yealink to publish the CA cert for T46U. They provided the CA cert as attachment to the ticket, but refused to publish it in the downloads resources, citing security issues.

I recommend you open a ticket and ask for it. First they will ask why you want. What you are doing sounds exactly what we are doing.

I like Yealink support, very helpful, but I really strongly disagree with them on this issue. AFAIK it is safer to publish the CA and let users verify the device than to hide it and tempt users to run without verifications. It's not like I'm asking for the private key. And once issued to one person it is no longer a secret. No big deal if it is just published. But what would I know. I am sorry I will not upload here the cert they provided to me in case Yealink gets upset with me for that, well, they are hiding it for some reason.
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2021 02:09 PM by smuser.)
06-11-2021 02:07 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: MTLS using built in device cetificate - smuser - 06-11-2021 02:07 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Question Mutual Certificates exchange using built device built in cetificate Ricardo Martins 7 21,799 06-02-2021 02:35 AM
Last Post: tonipamies
  Change admin password by using Device Management Platform 1.0.0.25 Bertin 6 20,956 05-14-2019 01:45 PM
Last Post: joegellen20
  Need help with RPS configuration of server and device. chidado 2 10,604 11-25-2017 05:36 AM
Last Post: chidado
  rps xmlrpc - add device with serverurl only bpps 2 9,426 06-06-2017 01:03 AM
Last Post: Torontob
  Detection of device model sjamaan 1 6,702 12-04-2015 07:15 PM
Last Post: Karl_Yealink