[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
W41P Shortfalls, I'm in trouble.
Bezalu Offline

W41P Shortfalls, I'm in trouble.
So I was originally very excited about the prospect of deskphones being able to be wireless while not relying on end-users shotty home-grade wifi access points. But We just set up our first W41P system with one W60B and three T41S's with the DDK DECT dongles, and you seem to lose the whole point of having a deskphone in the first place. So be warned if you're thinking of deploying these for a customer.
Sure they sound great and don't rely on WiFi, but you lose 99% of the DSS key functions. No BLF, no call park, no XML.

Almost all menus are disabled once you are in DECT mode, so the T41S basically becomes a W56H with a cord. Although with the W56H, at least you get an easy way to transfer calls from one handset to another.

I think there's lots of promise with DECT and deskphones, and I am a loyal Yealink VAR, but just want to share my frustration and hopefully prevent someone else from having to high of expectations from a new feature model.
08-16-2018 01:08 AM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
W41P Shortfalls, I'm in trouble. - Bezalu - 08-16-2018 01:08 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  T46G sound trouble aleokos 11 28,656 10-11-2014 10:16 AM
Last Post: James_Yealink