[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
EXP20
Chadsuperb Offline

RE: EXP20
(07-10-2017 12:25 PM)jolouis Wrote:  We have a customer who has their reception phone setup this way. They currently have 3 expansion modules, with all users configured in alphabetical order.

I can tell you doing it manually/by hand is definitely not the way to go, especially if you need to make a change in the middle! In our situation we use a server-side PHP script to generate the auto-provisioning configuration automatically. If you don't have an auto provisioning server setup, you could still use the same type of approach to at least generate the config instead of having to enter it all manually through the web interface.

For example if you have all the names/extension numbers in an Excel file, you could export it to CSV and make a simple PHP script that would read all the values, sort them alphabetically and export the appropriate configuration lines...

If you have access to a webserver that you can upload PHP files to and are interested in this approach, let me know I could probably be persuaded to whip up something quickly for you ;o)

I don't have a auto provisioning server set up it's a small company or maybe I do. I have FTP setup on our border controller and I'm pulling in wallpapers and a WebItemsLevel.cfg to disable some items in the menus. If I can just add items to that .cfg file that would be fine.

However, auto generating the template is what I was looking for and then I can just upload it manually. I just assumed 3cx or yealink would have something like this built in. I have some experience in PHP and can probably handle the coding but if you want to help it would be appreciated.

Just curious if you're using PHP for creating the whole config how are you doing it? I think I would set two markers in the file and delete info between them and then recreate. I think trying to program to overwrite only necessary items would be more difficult and for such a small file re-writing wouldn't take much time.
07-10-2017 01:39 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
EXP20 - Chadsuperb - 07-03-2017, 02:29 PM
RE: EXP20 - Jensen_Yealink - 07-05-2017, 01:52 AM
RE: EXP20 - jolouis - 07-10-2017, 12:25 PM
RE: EXP20 - Chadsuperb - 07-10-2017 01:39 PM
RE: EXP20 - Jensen_Yealink - 07-12-2017, 07:16 AM
RE: EXP20 - Chadsuperb - 07-12-2017, 12:05 PM
RE: EXP20 - Jensen_Yealink - 07-20-2017, 03:46 AM