[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to detect or manage expansion modules ?
jolouis Offline

RE: How to detect or manage expansion modules ?
(04-17-2017 03:48 AM)Kevin_Yealink Wrote:  Assume we develop new SN.cfg for EXP. If the phone connect a EXP, it will carry EXP information in HTTP, then the server will push SN.cfg file to the phone and update.

But as you know, exp is different from phone. I think the major feature for EXP is speed dial and BLF.
1. It use cooperatively with every single phone every single account. If we develop single PN.cfg file, why we don't add it in the MAC.cfg file?
2. different EXP has different key configuration, so the sys admin have to create all different PN.cfg file for all EXP, i think it would be more chaotic and inconvenience.
3. If we connect this EXP to another phone, it can't push this another phone to update.

As Oliv mentioned, the primary use for this request is with "Dynamic" provisioning servers (i.e. ones that generate a cfg file based on template and the incoming request).

The main reason, as mentioned before, that this "dynamic" server would need to know about expanders is to let it use a different template, or change the generated config to adjust the phone itself when an expander is connected. (i.e. logic flow would be:
a) Phone requests MAC.cfg via HTTP
b) Dynamic Provision server gets request, looks at user agent
If EXP information was in user agent, then the server would generate a config which would leave main buttons on phone for use as line keys (or some other primary purpose). Assigns common BLFs to EXP slots.
If EXP information was not in user agent, server assumes no EXP present so it assigns common BLFs to main phone keys instead.

The difference in config is on the main phone itself, not the EXP. (AS I mentioned before, the EXP config can be sent to any phone always, it does not matter if EXP is actually there or not.) What matters is that the config for the phone itself needs to know if EXP is present or not.

So making phones to another request for something like SN.cfg would not be of any benefit.

Much simpler solution would be to add to UserAgent as requested, or provide some kind of API that the config server can use to ask the phone directly "do you have any EXPs attached?".
04-17-2017 01:35 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to detect or manage expansion modules ? - jolouis - 04-17-2017 01:35 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Question why phone send gateway ip detect packet pig_tails 1 5,250 06-04-2021 08:38 PM
Last Post: KaithlynMoore
  My T27G does not detect BT40 or WF40 oliv 4 14,806 04-12-2017 01:30 PM
Last Post: oliv
  Detect a yealinkphone cuongvc93 1 6,842 04-22-2015 01:51 PM
Last Post: Elaine_Yealink
  Do not detect inband DTMF aron 0 5,812 03-21-2015 05:38 AM
Last Post: aron