[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to detect or manage expansion modules ?
Kevin_Yealink Offline
Administrator

RE: How to detect or manage expansion modules ?
(04-13-2017 03:59 PM)jolouis Wrote:  
(04-13-2017 01:03 PM)Kevin_Yealink Wrote:  For point 1, when the phone send HTTP packet and if you plug EXP, yealink should carry EXP information. PM need to know why we need to carry those information? Such as if the phone send HTTP GET to ask for auto provision file, some provision need to certificate the phone, so it will certificate the Agent information of phone.
But fot EXP information, i need to know why we need the EXP information in HTTP packet. So i need your kindly tell me more usage scenario information.

For your question:
How can I configure something like "if this phone has an expansion module, leave linekeys unconfigured, otherwise configure those linekeys this way ..." ?
Knowing at provisioning time how many expansion module, a phone currently has, would let me tailor its config accordingly.

Do you means that the we don't set BLF key on phone side but on EXP side, right? And when you plug the EXP, the server will know how many EXP in one phone, then it will push all the BLF to displayed on EXP?
Please point out if any misunderstanding.

oliv can clarify further but since I understand the request maybe I can help explain.

Your interpretation is correct in that there needs to be a way to have the Autoprovision server know whether expanders (and how many) are connected when a phone requests its config. Oliv suggested doing this by providing the serial numbers of each expander as part of the user agent. The serial numbers are not strictly important, what matters is that there is a way for the phone to indicate that it has expanders connected to it, and how many.

Oliv's use case (and I have seen this before for our customers too) is that by knowing which phones have expanders, the auto provision can adjust to program BLFs either to the "hidden buttons" (Page 2, Page 3 BLFs), or the expansion modules. The result would be a single auto provision script can handle these two scenarios:
a) Phones with no expander can still get all BLFs by going to page 2/page 3. Less convinient but still possible.
b) Phones with expander get all BLFs on expander, and Page 2/Page 3 is not used which makes phone interface less cluttered/confusing for users.

This seems logical and hopefully would be relatively easy to implement. Even just adding something like "Exp:2" to the user agent to indicate there are 2 expanders on the phone would achieve the goal.

The Action URL and other information is probably more of a long term wish list as it would take much more work to develop I expect.

Hi Jolouis

Let us suppose that we add EXP information in the HTTP packet and we plug the EXP.
We push phone to auto provision, phone send HTTP packet to download the cfg file from provision server.
1. The server only have cfg file, how does the server recognize Agent information in HTTP packet?
2. For the BLF key configuration, you have to pre-configure it on Yealink cfg file, how many key you add in the cfg, then the phone download the cfg and update.
And we use different provision syntax for the line key and exp key.

So we don't think it is convenience to carry EXP information in the HTTP packet.

Please point out if any misunderstanding.

BR
Kevin
04-14-2017 06:30 AM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to detect or manage expansion modules ? - Kevin_Yealink - 04-14-2017 06:30 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Question why phone send gateway ip detect packet pig_tails 1 5,167 06-04-2021 08:38 PM
Last Post: KaithlynMoore
  My T27G does not detect BT40 or WF40 oliv 4 14,669 04-12-2017 01:30 PM
Last Post: oliv
  Detect a yealinkphone cuongvc93 1 6,755 04-22-2015 01:51 PM
Last Post: Elaine_Yealink
  Do not detect inband DTMF aron 0 5,751 03-21-2015 05:38 AM
Last Post: aron