[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to detect or manage expansion modules ?
Kevin_Yealink Offline
Administrator

RE: How to detect or manage expansion modules ?
(03-30-2017 07:10 AM)oliv Wrote:  Yes, thankfully, having expansion keys defined in a phone that doesn't have any expansion module, doesn't hurt but any or all of the 3 features mentioned in my first would ease administration.

It doesn't happen every day but corporate users can unplug and move expansion modules from one phone to another: tracking this is currently impossible.

It would be lying if I said current situation can't last any longer: I like the way I can currently manage Yealink phones but there is always room for improvement.

I was also thinking of WiFi USB modules: it might also be useful to let provisioning server know about their presence, though, it this case, it seems it also doesn't heart to include an unused Wifi section in config files.

Please, note that in this later case, HTTP provisioning server gets phone Ethernet MAC address (which is fine) though phone uses WiFi with a different MAC address but DHCP server, if I'm not mistaken, doesn't get Ethernet MAC at all when a phone connects through WiFi.

Anyway, back to expansion module management, my wishes were expressed from most wanted to least wanted:
1. (most wanted) Upgrade User-Agent field to include types and serial numbers of expansion modules,
2. Action URL
3. Conditionals in config files

Dear

This is Kevin from Yealink support team, nice to know you.

Thanks for your information. Before checking with our PM, i need to double check with you:
1. For point 1, so you means that when the phone plug the EXP into the phone, then if the phone send HTTP/SIP packet out, it should carry EXP information, right? If it don't plug the EXP, it will not carry. Rgiht?
For this point, can you tell me why we need to support this feature? I think the provision server can certificate the phone information not EXP information.
2. For point 2, it is easy to understand. But please kindly tell me more usage scenario about this.
3. For point 3, so we need to create new another config files for EXP?

BR
Kevin
04-01-2017 10:28 AM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to detect or manage expansion modules ? - Kevin_Yealink - 04-01-2017 10:28 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Question why phone send gateway ip detect packet pig_tails 1 5,166 06-04-2021 08:38 PM
Last Post: KaithlynMoore
  My T27G does not detect BT40 or WF40 oliv 4 14,669 04-12-2017 01:30 PM
Last Post: oliv
  Detect a yealinkphone cuongvc93 1 6,754 04-22-2015 01:51 PM
Last Post: Elaine_Yealink
  Do not detect inband DTMF aron 0 5,751 03-21-2015 05:38 AM
Last Post: aron