[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
XML push client/phone intiated?
KNERD Offline

XML push client/phone intiated?
Looking at the example "TextScreen.php," it has the following code:

Code:
push2phone("10.1.3.8","10.1.3.180",$xml);
#replace 10.1.3.8 with your Apache ip address
#replace 10.1.3.180 with your phone ip address

This suggests you need the IP address of the phones to push.
What if the phones are on the WAN side, and not the LAN?
There is no means to push to an IP address on a WAN side.

Can we get the phones to initiate the PUSH, to have it check sever for updates, etc?

Thank you.
11-21-2016 04:10 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
jolouis Offline

RE: XML push client/phone intiated?
Sounds like you're getting the idea of PUSH confused...

By definition, PUSH is when the server sends something to the phone. If the phone was to ask for something, that would be a PULL.

So the question is, what information or settings are you trying to get to the phone, or what do you want it do actually do? Knowing that will determine which approach you use.

For example, if you want the phone to update it's configuration from time to time, you can use Scheduled Auto Provisioning. This will tell the phone to periodically PULL the config from the server, and update itself with the new settings.

If you want the user to be able to view some random XML/information at their whim, then just setup a DSS button as XML browser. When the user presses the button, they cause the phone to PULL the XML from your server.

Finally, if you want the server to be in control, you may able to achieve that by using SIP Notify messages. I know you can do a Notify to tell the phone to Auto Provision (incase you want to do so immediately rather than on a schedule or at boot up). I think you might also be able to do generic XML pushes through notify (thought I saw that in one of the recent firmware manuals) but not 100% on that one, you would have to do some research...
11-22-2016 02:31 PM
Karl_Yealink Offline
Super Moderator

XML PUSH is a feature which server Push something to phone, and the phone recognize the message and take effect.
As you attach, it's TextScreen.php, if server Push this to phone, the phone will popup a text on screen.

No matter the phone in which side, the point is that the server's network can connect to phone's network. So the phone can receive PUSH XML message.

And as floor 2 words, if your request is not as Push XML feature, please tell me detail request.
11-25-2016 10:14 AM
KNERD Offline

What I am trying to do is get the phone to display a message of my choosing, such as status updates on events.

Since I probably cannot reach a phone via PUSH on the WAN side, to let the phone there an updated message what other option is there?

Thank you for the replies.
11-28-2016 05:21 PM
Karl_Yealink Offline
Super Moderator

(11-28-2016 05:21 PM)KNERD Wrote:  What I am trying to do is get the phone to display a message of my choosing, such as status updates on events.

Since I probably cannot reach a phone via PUSH on the WAN side, to let the phone there an updated message what other option is there?

web path->feature->remote control->Push XML Server IP Address.
Please check this option, do you fill the PUSH server IP address in this option.
11-29-2016 03:48 PM
KNERD Offline

(11-29-2016 03:48 PM)Karl Wrote:  
(11-28-2016 05:21 PM)KNERD Wrote:  What I am trying to do is get the phone to display a message of my choosing, such as status updates on events.

web path->feature->remote control->Push XML Server IP Address.
Please check this option, do you fill the PUSH server IP address in this option.

Will it matter if the server does not have the IP addresses of the phones?
11-30-2016 09:17 PM
KNERD Offline

I am sorry, but looking at the "TextScreen.php" there is no means to push a message to the phone if you do not have the the IP address.
Is there something else which can be done?
12-03-2016 09:51 PM
jolouis Offline

Aha I knew I'd seen it somewhere! Was looking for some info on something else and came across the answer to your question!

Check this one out:
http://forum.yealink.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3662

If you follow the link to the guide provided by the Yealink response, as promised you'll see on page 99+ on the PDF a full description (with example) of how to do PUSHXML using SIP Notify. That means you can send your XML through SIP, without requiring the IP and direct access to the phone itself. That will solve your problem!
12-05-2016 07:53 PM
KNERD Offline

(12-05-2016 07:53 PM)jolouis Wrote:  Aha I knew I'd seen it somewhere! Was looking for some info on something else and came across the answer to your question!

Check this one out:
http://forum.yealink.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3662

If you follow the link to the guide provided by the Yealink response, as promised you'll see on page 99+ on the PDF a full description (with example) of how to do PUSHXML using SIP Notify. That means you can send your XML through SIP, without requiring the IP and direct access to the phone itself. That will solve your problem!

Thanks for the response.

While I see executing the XML does not require the IP address of the phone, however sending a SIP notify does. and also requires knowing what extensions they are. A double whammy.

I thought I saw somewhere one could display a message during provisioning, which means I could set them up to check every hour, or check to see if there is a message to display. The docs on provisioning seem to be quite extensive, but I have yet to see anything with the ability to make a message appear on the screen.

Thanks again!
12-06-2016 05:36 AM
jolouis Offline

(12-06-2016 05:36 AM)KNERD Wrote:  While I see executing the XML does not require the IP address of the phone, however sending a SIP notify does. and also requires knowing what extensions they are. A double whammy.

Huh? Okay now I'm confused. The phones you are trying to send messages to... they are registered to your PBX correct? If they are registered to the PBX you can send them a SIP notify from the PBX, no further details needed. The SIP will flow through the WAN firewalls/etc to the phone in the same way a phone call would...

On the other hand, if you don't know the extension numbers and have no access to the PBX... why on earth are you trying to send messages to the phones?? Maybe if you explain your actual goal a little better we can help more.

I have never run into a way of sending a message/alert/etc during provisioning (honestly I have no idea why you would want to do that since Yealink tries to make provisioning as seamless/behind the scenes as possible), but I suppose it could be another one of those "undocumented features"...
12-06-2016 01:44 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Yealink VOIP phone losing connection every few minutes robertpowell 1 79 Yesterday 04:34 PM
Last Post: SRIIVF
  Yealink phone with hearing aids Jamie22RR 1 493 03-18-2024 01:49 AM
Last Post: complex1
  Yealink IP phone lesliefrench 0 433 01-25-2024 12:37 PM
Last Post: lesliefrench
  Remote Phonebook - Numbers Display Format On Phone Medryn 19 67,841 11-24-2023 02:28 AM
Last Post: shulem@theteklink.com
  IP Phone Login Error "ERR_INVALID_HTTP_RESPONSE" nolto 2 1,828 10-06-2023 04:34 PM
Last Post: nolto
  Multicast Stops Working until Phone Rebooted Blake1 10 11,155 09-21-2023 05:47 PM
Last Post: axiompm
  Is there a way to get the incoming caller phone number with an Action URI? troy44 1 1,187 09-04-2023 01:46 PM
Last Post: Regend_Yealink
  On MP50s responding to some phone trees ends the call TRK45 1 1,452 05-18-2023 04:46 PM
  Import xml contacts to Yealink Phone upon provisioning via TFTP vusald 1 2,378 02-18-2023 06:30 PM
  W60B - URL for Remote Phone Book Bosstoad 2 2,936 01-06-2023 02:58 AM
Last Post: Bosstoad