[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Preventing bogus SIP invites.
Glacier Offline

Preventing bogus SIP invites.
Hello

Periodically some of our T38 IP phones receives ghost calls, due to getting SIP invites from an external source, other than our VOIP provider.
I have read the posts explaning how to configure the phones, to ignore these invites. However what i couldn't figure out was, how to the phones receive these invites in the first place?
Our firewall should block all outside-trafic trying to get in, and there isn't configured any portforwarding etc. to accommodate the VOIP trafic. So im a little lost on how the attackers manage to get SIP invites through the firewall and into the specific phones.

I could just configure the phones to igonore the direct ip calls, but i would rather stop it at the firewall-level.

Do we have a impropper configured firewall?

I hope anyone can shed som light on my issue.

Best regards
Esben
05-19-2015 07:49 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Preventing bogus SIP invites. - Glacier - 05-19-2015 07:49 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  SIP INVITE Ghost/Bogus Calls - and Allow Direct IP Call settings michael@newcoit.com 19 72,231 11-04-2015 06:25 PM
Last Post: Fabrizio