[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Multiple OpenVPN accounts needed for multiline phones
caldwell Offline

Multiple OpenVPN accounts needed for multiline phones
I've sent this through my distributor. So, hopefully, you will be hearing from them in the next week or so. I wanted to add it here in the forum so that others could add their thoughts about adding this feature:

A couple years back I requested that Yealink add this feature. Doesn’t look like they’ve ever really done much with it.

Yealink builds nice multi-line phones. But in a remote/distributed environment, the extra lines are worthless.

No one in their right mind wants to support SIP connections over the public Internet. That’s why the OpenVPN feature is so nice on the Yealink phones.

BUT, they only allow ONE vpn connection. This is pointless. OpenVPN is capable of maintaining multiple connections and multiple routes.

It would be very simple for them to alter their OpenVPN binary support to allow

Line 1 - VPN connection to server A
Line 2 - VPN connection to server B
Line 3 - VPN connection to server C

There is NO reason to make any of the routes a "default" route and force all traffic through it. On my computer, I can have multiple OpenVPN connections to servers around the world and support customers on their unique networks. A phone should be able to do the same.

I have immediate practical need of this feature. We have situations where users are running a 3 or 6 line phone and only being able to use ONE line because the servers they need to connect to are all behind VPNs.

This feature would make your multiline phones actually USEFUL as multiline phones.

If someone from Yealink wishes to speak with me directly (e-mail/phone) to discuss the details, I'd be happy to pursue it with you.

OR, if you want to open up your VPN API, maybe we can build it ourselves.
03-15-2015 02:33 AM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Multiple OpenVPN accounts needed for multiline phones - caldwell - 03-15-2015 02:33 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hot desking - option to register/unregister SIP accounts on demand oferlap 0 945 05-04-2023 04:07 PM
Last Post: oferlap
  Any possibility of supporting adjustable font size on SIP-T32G phones? Hoenle 5 18,141 06-19-2013 10:51 AM
Last Post: Yealink Support