[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
BLA without barge?
mercutioviz Offline

BLA without barge?
Hello all,

This is my first post so apologies if this has been answered elsewhere. I have been unable to find any information online or in the T46 admin or user guides on how bridged line appearance (BLA) is supposed to operate.

I have a customer that wants what we call shared line appearance (SLA) or what others call shared call appearance (SCA) or even multiple line appearance (MLA). Regardless of what it's called, the operation they want is like that of a key system: a line key appears on two or more phones; when one user is on that line, the other phones show the line as "in use" and when the call is placed on hold, all the phones show a flashing light on the button. This part works with the T46G just fine.

The issue is that when a user is on the line, another user can press the line key from his/her phone and barge into the call. I would very much like to be able to allow or disallow barge-in. I was told that Yealinks always allow barge-in on BLA's, but I cannot confirm this. Can anyone shed light on this? Is there any information on line that describes how BLA is supposed to work and whether or not barge can be disabled?

I love the T46 phones but if I can't disable barge-in I will be forced to go with a different manufacturer and I really don't want that!

Thanks in advance for any information you can give.

-Michael
12-25-2014 02:36 AM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
BLA without barge? - mercutioviz - 12-25-2014 02:36 AM
RE: BLA without barge? - James_Yealink - 12-25-2014, 04:19 PM
RE: BLA without barge? - mercutioviz - 12-30-2014, 03:14 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  T46G - - Intercom - Call Barge Issue Abe1048 15 59,208 06-18-2016 04:43 AM
Last Post: davemcbr
  Intercom Barge davemcbr 2 8,665 06-11-2016 04:14 AM