[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Local account should not go through VPN
jolouis Offline

RE: Local account should not go through VPN
(10-22-2016 03:39 AM)avayablix Wrote:  Can you confirm, that you have audio both ways when making a call on your local account?

Hey Just tested this again for you and can confirm that it definitely works fine for me. Get full two way audio to both the local account, and the VPN account.

Tested on a T23G running 44.80.0.95. Haven't tried .130, but try rolling your phone back to .95 and see if the problem goes away maybe?

In fact, just to prove the point, I actually made a call on the VPN account, put it on hold and made a call on the local account, and then for fun conferenced them together on the Yealink. All three parties could hear each other without issue.

All this leads me to the conclusion that things on the Yealink side are working properly. So conclusions:
A) maybe there's something goofy between 0.95 and 0.130 firmware? I have not tried 130 yet, but as I said everything works on .95. Try putting 0.95 on your phone and see if that solves it, then at least you know there is a definite bug.
B) If A does not resolve the issue, then I hate to say it but logically the only other option is that there's something fishy going on either with your VPN setup or your routing....

Have you looked at the SIP dialog that flows back and forth when the call is setup? The INVITE packets will usually have details about where the RTP traffic should be sent, that might give you a clue as to what's happening. That would also help you find out if it's a problem with something on the Asterisk side of things (i.e. maybe your NAT/localnet settings on the local box aren't quite right and are conflicting with the VPN IPs).

Thanks,
-Rob
10-28-2016 02:36 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Local account should not go through VPN - jolouis - 10-28-2016 02:36 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Allow extension over VPN + local account avayax 6 16,712 03-13-2018 03:56 AM
Last Post: Aishion_Yealink
Lightbulb Local SIP Port - Allow port range or port value equal to 0! ruiseixas 5 17,028 03-27-2017 05:48 PM
Last Post: VOIP