[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
T48G Auto Provisioning For 3CX v12
Slator Offline

RE: T48G Auto Provisioning For 3CX v12
Problem Solved! 3CX+T48G Provisioning/Configuration

My Perspective
The Telco community is "way less" organized that the IT community - especially when it comes to "disseminating" support information and, most especially when someone needs to "drill down" into a configuration process/method. Further complicating the configuration process is that the "PBX people" and the "Phone people" do not seem to communicate very well - at least, not at the level needed for customer support. I often found myself "jockeying" back and forth between the "PBX people" and the "Phone people" just to collect the necessary information needed to begin a configuration process.
Some Examples:
...the Yealink T48G Provisioning Guide had 166 pages of configuration parameters that were only organized alphabetically - meaning you had to "know what you needed before you could find what you needed";
...there is no "Tier-1", "Tier-2", "Tier-3" support - it's just "support". In the IT environment, the forums exist largely to avoid the cost of Tier-2/Tier-3 support. In the Telco environment, the forums are necessary for "survival";
...Telco companies (i.e., 3CX & Yealink) "hide" behind emails and websites - they never expose themselves to "talking" with "real" people. The IT world would never accept this type of inaccessibility - and honestly, I do not know why the Telco world does...;
...it is often impossible to locate the needed information from only one source - such as The ... Solution below: I had to literally "scour" the {3CX website} + {3CX Support} + {3CX Forum} + {3CX manuals} + {Yealink website} + {T48G guides, 3 versions} + {Yealink Forums}. It was only after I gathered some (relevant) information from each source that I was able to finally discern/create a solution for my configuration need;

NOTE: In fairness, I should also mention that I am a software developer - not a Telco Technician. My learning curve would have been a lot quicker had I been schooled in the Telco "way" of doing things.

The 3CX Configuration Solution
(i) Completely Remove the {IF}{THEN}{ELSE} Statements
3CX uses a very customized XML provisioning/configuration file that requires you to remove (not comment out) the {IF}... Statements for any relevant parameters or any changes you make will not take effect. I only discovered this by chance when I inadvertently completely over wrote a parameter section.
(ii) Always verify the parameter values you are given...
3CX actually gave me the wrong parameter values - along with a message to not ask any more questions about the topic. I found the correct parameter values from an unrelated Yealink Forum post that surfaced during one of my many Google searches.
(iii) Make Sure You Are Using the Best Firmware for Your Needs
Using the "best" firmware does not automatically mean the latest version or, in my case, the latest "official" version. My configuration problem was not completely solved until I upgraded the T48G phones to the (not officially released) BETA 2, 35.73.0.16 version. I do not usually use BETA firmware - but, since I disparately needed a solution, I gave it a try and it seems to be working OK. And, once again, I only discovered this solution by chance - via a unrelated Google Yealink search.
BTW: Yealink has published a special firmware for 3CX (35.72.0.225). This version of the firmware did not work for me and it may not work for many people going forward. My "guesstimate" is that 3CX is not completely prepared (yet) for the T48G phone and is going to use the (35.72.0.225) firmware to stabilize the firmware environment and "buy some time" while they "catch up".

In Closing
I really like the T48G phone! Once all the "kinks" have been worked out, the T48G will be an awesome platform for VoIP. In the meantime, I will just have to (patiently) wait for 3CX (and other vendors) to learn how to better utilize the T48G's features/capabilities.
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2014 09:57 PM by Slator.)
10-22-2014 09:52 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: T48G Auto Provisioning For 3CX v12 - Slator - 10-22-2014 09:52 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Best way to manage line keys on multiple T48G/S sani390 0 3,421 07-01-2021 02:06 PM
Last Post: sani390
  YEALINK AUTO PROVISION Dmitryche 1 6,427 08-09-2019 09:25 AM
Last Post: Paz_Yealink
  Auto firmware upgrade Kala 2 9,044 05-21-2018 03:50 PM
Last Post: Kala
  Call Park Mode transfer on T48G jasonblewis 2 10,916 11-09-2017 01:26 AM
Last Post: Aishion_Yealink
  T48G not connecting to Skype Lisa H 0 4,518 10-16-2017 03:17 AM
Last Post: Lisa H
Bug T46g & T48G RADIUS 802.1x and SHA256 Bigmac 22 56,294 08-13-2017 07:54 PM
Last Post: MiKeDaDoC
  can't setup openvpn with t48g zzz 8 24,098 07-18-2017 09:04 AM
Last Post: sj
Question speaker on auto answer Sergey_9_ 8 18,526 07-07-2017 08:01 AM
Last Post: Lucia_Yealink
  T48G - busy tone for a second incomming call Dirk 8 19,783 01-17-2017 05:36 PM
Last Post: complex1
  T48G BLF triggers display brightness MaxHeu 4 11,130 10-25-2016 09:23 PM
Last Post: MaxHeu