[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
EXP20
Jensen_Yealink Offline
Administrator

RE: EXP20
(07-12-2017 12:05 PM)Chadsuperb Wrote:  
(07-10-2017 12:25 PM)jolouis Wrote:  We have a customer who has their reception phone setup this way. They currently have 3 expansion modules, with all users configured in alphabetical order.

I can tell you doing it manually/by hand is definitely not the way to go, especially if you need to make a change in the middle! In our situation we use a server-side PHP script to generate the auto-provisioning configuration automatically. If you don't have an auto provisioning server setup, you could still use the same type of approach to at least generate the config instead of having to enter it all manually through the web interface.

For example if you have all the names/extension numbers in an Excel file, you could export it to CSV and make a simple PHP script that would read all the values, sort them alphabetically and export the appropriate configuration lines...

If you have access to a webserver that you can upload PHP files to and are interested in this approach, let me know I could probably be persuaded to whip up something quickly for you ;o)

Thanks jolouis. An answer I've been looking for.

I don't believe I have an auto provisioning server. I have an FTP I built on our border controller that holds wallpaper and webitems.cfg file. If I can program the buttons in that then I could use PHP to produce change that file. If the settings have to be in a template then I would just use PHP to create the file and manually upload as it wouldn't, hopefully, be too often.

I'm sure I could figure this out but how exactly are you doing it? I get the reading of a CSV file but the cfg file not sure. I would put a marker in the document and delete all lines between the markers and rebuild. I don't think I would over write information as I think that would be more of a pain. With this just being one short file efficiency isn't necessary it would still only take seconds to produce.
Or can you just reference another file?

Hi There,

an FTP server can also work as a provisioning server.

BR
07-20-2017 03:46 AM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
EXP20 - Chadsuperb - 07-03-2017, 02:29 PM
RE: EXP20 - Jensen_Yealink - 07-05-2017, 01:52 AM
RE: EXP20 - jolouis - 07-10-2017, 12:25 PM
RE: EXP20 - Chadsuperb - 07-10-2017, 01:39 PM
RE: EXP20 - Jensen_Yealink - 07-12-2017, 07:16 AM
RE: EXP20 - Chadsuperb - 07-12-2017, 12:05 PM
RE: EXP20 - Jensen_Yealink - 07-20-2017 03:46 AM