[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
GeoTrust Rapid SSL Wildcard Cert
zzeek Offline

RE: GeoTrust Rapid SSL Wildcard Cert
RapidSSL is a brand of Symantec. RapidSSL are Domain Validation (DV) identity certificates. I went for a standard (non-wildcard) RapidSSL from GoGetSSL. On default, my certificate chained up to GeoTrust Global CA. If you use its cross-signing certificate, it even chains up to Equifax Secure Certificate Authority. Both matched the factory installed trust anchors in my Yealink W56P. It worked as you expect it.

Alternatively, in the GeoTrust web interface, you can change the certificate to chain to the SHA-2 root, creating a SHA-2 only chain. That chains up to GeoTrust Primary Certification Authority - G3. I did not test, whether that works. According that published list, it does not work. Therefore, if you need a SHA-2-only chain, I recommend to have a look at the Thawte SSL123.

However, I am not sure if it helps, because you are about wildcard certificate specifically. I did not go for a wildcard certificate because that feature is not implemented and/or authors interpret IETF RFC 5922 section 7.2 that this is not allowed for SIP over TLS at all. I know, your question was not about SIP, but I guess you want to reuse that certificate for SIP. Furthermore, I make sure my domain name is within the ‘Common Name’ and first within the ‘SAN’, because to many VoIP/SIP implementations do not support SAN or go just for the first SAN.

Actually, the factory-installed list of certificates contains deprecated, never used, and even not usable TLS certificate authorities. You can go only for Deutsche Telekom, DigiCert, and Symantec. Of those, only Symantec is selling those cheaper DV certificates. For those, Symantec uses its brands Thawte, GeoTrust, and RapidSSL. Of those, RapidSSL are the cheapest. Or stated differently: I am not aware of any alternative to a RapidSSL Wildcard certificate. If that does not work, I guess, wildcards are not supported in general.

Were you able to test it in the meantime?
02-11-2017 07:47 AM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
GeoTrust Rapid SSL Wildcard Cert - fonewiz - 03-09-2016, 04:48 AM
RE: GeoTrust Rapid SSL Wildcard Cert - zzeek - 02-11-2017 07:47 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  T4x: Unable to upload server certificates: "The cert file already exists!" Fritz-EDV 2 6,806 06-12-2020 04:03 PM
Last Post: Fritz-EDV
  Rapid Incoming calls not connecting dig1234 9 22,103 05-03-2016 10:28 PM
Last Post: dig1234