[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
T38G needs new firmware released
SL2013 Offline

RE: T38G needs new firmware released
To Yealink Support: I saw you give a lot of answers in other topics, please post also an answer in this topic!
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2014 10:17 PM by SL2013.)
03-21-2014 10:16 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
Yealink Support Offline
Administrator

Hi all,
Sorry for the inconvenience. If you have encounter issue with T3 series, please supply more informations with your issues and we can release a new version for you all.
Please supply the issue scenario, syslog level 6, config.bin and pcap trace to me that i can submit to our R&D team for a new version for you all.
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2014 11:24 AM by Yealink Support.)
03-24-2014 11:22 AM
CWR Offline

Its not that we have issues, but want the new features. Smile
You state on your website "The SIP-T38G Series IP Phone is one of Yealink’s most recent innovations for managers with demanding integrated communication needs. It has been designed as a future-proofed infrastructure investment that provides a seamless migration to modern GigE-based networks"

-but without new firmware, you are not future-proofed any longer. You are End of Life.

The firmwares need to be consolidated. 1 firmware fixes something but removed multicast. Then multicast gets added but dropped again in the future.
WHICH ONE IS WHICH: I'm on 3cx and need multicast but want the future fixes...

To be added/fixed...

1. Unified the flashing mode of BLF status on all phone models.
2. Unified the flashing mode of power light status on all phone models.
3. Unified the flashing mode of backlight status on the LCD screen.
4. Unified the configuration of syslog on all phone models.
5. Unified the configuration of the DSS Key type.
6. Unified the configuration of the LDAP.
7. Unified the configuration item name of Anonymous Call.
8. Removed the feature of SNMP.
9. Unified the configuration path of the Open VPN.
10. In auto provisioning, the GUI translation file are unified as TXT file type.
11. Optimized the priority of voice mail and power light.
12. Unified the auto provisioning files (Com.cfg/MAC.cfg) among all phone types.
13. Optimized the XML template

XML phonebook lookup by name as t46
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2014 01:21 PM by CWR.)
03-25-2014 03:08 AM
Greysi Offline

FW: 38.70.0.180

DDS Key \ Programmable Key \

Type: XML Group

Phonelist is working, but

no Search Feature

If i hit the "5" Key for JKL -> Message: "URL is empty"

And yes, i'm not happy about the missing V71 too!

End of Life-Phone.... thanks Yealink, i already told my vendor about this fact.
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2014 11:42 PM by Greysi.)
03-25-2014 11:40 PM
CityofNorthRidgevilleISD Offline

Let's see, problems with my T3x series phones.....

Remote phone book search doesn't work, comes up with "The URL is empty!" (by the way, the fix for this should not be considered a 'feature enhancement, but a bug fix since it comes up with an error message!)

Prefix Key + DSS Key doesn't work (prefix is ignored). What is the point of a prefix key if it doesn't work with a DSS key. Or for that matter, any prefix before a DSS key (**{extension} sends to voicemail, **{DSS} key dials the number... same with prefix code).

Both of these are fixed with new firmware for the other phones.

Another issue, on-hold pickup when using shared line appearance. I get an error that the phone can't pickup the call on hold when two phones are sharing line appearance, something about the phones not being compatable with each other, even though of the same type.

The message button will not dial the voicemail system when the phone handset is off hook. Only works when the phone is hung up. Does nothing at all when the handset is picked up.

Having a problem where the calls are dropped if the user used a BLF key to answer the phone, and then uses a BLF key again to do ANYTHING. This is a big one because we use BLF with call pickup and if we do we can't forward the call or put it on park using the DSS keys!!!

BLF buttons have trouble updating status (will either keep flashing, or will never flash) when using DNS name of VoIP server in the account settings. No problems when using IP address.

Feature Requests (now I'm just asking for trouble):
Need to be able to use 2 handsets for training. I know the phones can supposedly work with two headsets, but my users don't want to have to use headsets (and from what I've read on the forums this doesn't work in 70 anyway, it was to be fixed in v71, but I can't confirm this since we don't have headsets).
04-02-2014 06:27 AM
SL2013 Offline

Problems with the T38G
 Sometimes if we make a phone call, the other side can’t hear us for a couple of
seconds at the beginning of the phone call. After that it is ok.
 Sometimes we hear a echo during the phone call.
 We need a search function in remote phone book (we get a custom ROM
(38.70.0.147) for that, but it doesn’t contain a search button, so we have to put a
digit at first, then we get the search button and then at first we have to remove
the digit, after that we can choose the character button and then type some
characters)
 If we want to transfer a phone call to a remote phone book, we have to make 8
steps to transfer to someone from the remote phone book. (8 steps are without
the down button to the right person). Nobody wants to use this option because it
is devious and it takes too much time.
 We have ‘Visual alert for BLF pickup’ enabled, but nothing happened it we try to
pick up the call of the BLF.
 Also for ‘Visual alert for BLF pickup’, we can’t see the caller id who called the BLF.
No we see BLF extension to BLF extension (twice the same extension).
 We can’t see the status DND of the BLF extension
 After a reboot of the VOIP central sometimes the phones don’t register the
accounts. Then we have to reboot the phones.

Please let me know when we get a new version for this problem.

We need a new firmware version.....
Do you know there will be a new firmware version for this phone? This month, we want to order a lot op phones for our new offices. It's time to make a decision...
Normally, I don't write a bad review about a brand on the internet. Now, I'm thinking about... Possible new customers should also know about this, so they don't get the same problems with this or other Yealink phones in the feature
04-03-2014 03:52 PM
GreenLine Offline

(04-03-2014 03:52 PM)SL2013 Wrote:  This month, we want to order a lot op phones for our new offices. It's time to make a decision...
Normally, I don't write a bad review about a brand on the internet. Now, I'm thinking about... Possible new customers should also know about this, so they don't get the same problems with this or other Yealink phones in the feature

Do yourself a favor and get T42's or T46's. I have them running flawlessly everywhere they are deployed. On the other side of things - I'm having a lot of trouble because of the new generation of T38 Hardware. The phones freeze, become slow to respond, have large delays terminating calls either direction, and a lot of really stupid little bugs. Restarts will clear these issues for a few days but they always return.
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2014 07:00 PM by GreenLine.)
04-04-2014 03:14 AM
SL2013 Offline

The problem is not the type, the problem is the brand! I can buy other types but then we still have a lot of problems on all our T38 phones. If possible we want to have the same types of phones for the whole company. Bigger problem, we don't trust Yealink at this moment. If we buy T4x, nobody can tell us the support is suddenly stopped (like the T38).
I think that's the real problem, we are upset with the service of Yealink. Why did they have this T38 on the website as a outstanding phone and don't give support on all the problems at this moment...
Thats not a good thing I think....
04-09-2014 12:48 AM
jasit Offline

@SL2013, what firmware version are you using, a lot of the requests you have been fixed with the last couple of releases, I am currently testing the 38.70.1.26 because it has the multicast, also works with 3cx.

I just checked and the message button works whether you press the button first or after you have the receiver up, the transfers are fast, no delay when you pick up the phone to make or receive a call. I believe this version has the multicall on hold and the proper one is transferred (that was a deal break until we setup a queue for the receptionist)

All in all, over the past year, there have been some great improvements with the T38, although they are things that should have always been working in the first place.
05-03-2014 01:43 AM
GreenLine Offline

@jasit

Have you had problems with T38's becoming unresponsive with 3CX? I am running 3CX V12 at a call center with all T38's. I get called at least once a day to restart a phone, because of lag, one way audio, lag or static. By lag I mean, if you start to dial on the phone it takes a a second or so for key presses to register. When you actually hit send, it takes 5-8 seconds to actually terminate the call, sometimes ending in one way audio.
05-03-2014 01:50 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Remote PhoneBook format for T38G aralmeida 1 8,360 10-02-2019 05:06 PM
Last Post: Chris708
  fonality transition firmware lts 0 7,932 03-11-2017 05:26 AM
Last Post: lts
  Push XML on T38G ruffle 8 31,339 06-17-2016 07:38 AM
Last Post: grawil
  T38G File Format Error w03zd8rc 3 15,250 03-25-2016 09:52 PM
Last Post: w03zd8rc
  T38G Voice In Cutting Out Vanlon 4 21,202 12-30-2015 01:35 AM
Last Post: mujizac
  T38G Firmware zmcgoogan 1 11,461 12-08-2015 02:11 AM
Last Post: CWR
  Yealink T38G Hide DTMF Option carlosn 7 26,522 12-08-2015 02:05 AM
Last Post: carlosgamboa06
  [split] T38G slow and unresponsive GreenLine 12 42,435 11-07-2015 04:41 AM
Last Post: zachtate
  LDAP connectivity problem on firmware 32.70.0.221 T32G taycel 1 9,771 10-23-2015 06:31 AM
Last Post: Yealink_Michael
  Firmware version - upgradable? cptjack 6 20,476 08-31-2015 10:31 PM
Last Post: complex1