[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
DHCP Location based dm.cfg possible?
Robert.Distl Offline

Question DHCP Location based dm.cfg possible?
Hi everyone,

we are currently evaluating Yealink Devices to be used in our Skype for Business / Teams environment.

During that evaluation we also got in touch with YDMP as a management Platform.

As we got like 100+ locations worldwide which probably need to get managed we thought it would be a good idea to automatically assign the devices to their according location.

In my mind an easy attempt would be a different, location based dm.cfg filepath supplied by the location's DHCP server which includes the assignmentpath in YDMP's Site management.

Is there a chance this is going to work with the current version of YDMP? How would the entry in the dm.cfg look like?
The "Yealink_Device_Management_Platform_Administrator_Guide_V2.0.0.15.pdf" doesn't give a hint about this.

our YDMP's currently used version is 3.3.0.3

Appreciate your input

Robert

edit: I wasn't able to post the dm.cfg's content, as this was discovered as spam, therefore I attached it for your reference (although it is all standard I'd say)

Attached File(s)
.cfg  dm.cfg (Size: 331 bytes / Downloads: 8)
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2019 02:38 PM by Robert.Distl.)
09-12-2019 02:36 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
DHCP Location based dm.cfg possible? - Robert.Distl - 09-12-2019 02:36 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [Feature Request] Possibility to execute daily tasks based on MAC configuration thomas.hauff 4 13,425 11-14-2019 03:15 PM
Last Post: thomas.hauff