[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do the backlights "wear out"?
jaimet2 Offline

Do the backlights "wear out"?
I have a SIP-T41S and I would like to set the "Backlight Time" (timeout) to "Always On" but I am concerned about the following comments (which I found on another forum):

"It is not recommended by Yealink to turn on backlit permanently, as the display will become pale after sometime."

"Setting the backlight to always on will eventually burn out the backlit/washout the display."

I've googled and (on the assumption that Yealink LCD displays use LED-backlighting) I've discovered that the normal failure mode for LEDs is that their "light output slowly declines over time", and that the "estimated useful life" (L70) of LEDs can vary anywhere between 20,000 hours (2.3 years "always on") and 100,000 hours (11 years "always on").

Does anyone have any knowledge of this subject, anecdotal or otherwise?
03-09-2023 06:02 AM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Do the backlights "wear out"? - jaimet2 - 03-09-2023 06:02 AM