[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
secondary Message wait alert to DSS key
Kevin_Yealink Offline
Administrator

RE: secondary Message wait alert to DSS key
(05-30-2018 12:13 PM)Chris Barron Wrote:  I think you have understood it but i will expand.
A given user has their sip account and an associated voicemail box. By default message wait from their voicemail box will illuminate the LED at the top of the phone.

However the given user also monitors a colleagues mailbox or a generic mailbox not directly associated with a human user. Typically this is the catchall mailbox for the office.

The requirement is to use a BLF key as a supplementary message wait alert from that mailbox. So A sip notify currently activates the phone MWT LED for the registered SIP account . A sip notify from the secondary mailbox would illuminate a BLF key. It would be nice if a user keypress would interrogate the given mailbox but this is not essential.

There is an alernative solution you might prefer to consider.
Although the phone has only one MWT led status on/off defaulted the mailbox associated to the SIP account. a) The phone config could be set to activate the generic MWT led on reciept of a notifiy from the secondary mailbox (technically we can already do that in the Asterisk setup by associating the secondary MWT) . But the important addition would be to present in the Visual voicemail panel on the phone, the source of the message so the user can select which voicemailbox to interrogate.

We currently have an estate of about 10k Yealink handsets at about 1000 locations. I would estimate that 50% of them would benefit from this feature

Hi Chris,

Thank you.
We will have a solution, please check if work for you or not:
1. Customer set 2 DSSkey as VM type for the same SIP account. If DSSkey 1 blink, it mean that VM account 1 has new message. DSSkey 2 can monitor colleague VM, and if DSSkey 2 blink, it means that VM account 2 has new message.
2. Then user can press those to get VM notification.
Please check if it work for customer.

BTW, can you tell me your company information? Seems that you already deploy for more 10K yealink phone, I think we already worked together to won many project.
May I know is there any new project need such feature?

If you have any other issue, I recommend you can use Yealink ticket system.

Best Regards,
Kevin
05-31-2018 03:35 AM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: secondary Message wait alert to DSS key - Kevin_Yealink - 05-31-2018 03:35 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Audio alert for call completion char1 0 1,531 08-25-2022 02:51 AM
Last Post: char1
  BLF audio alert (ring) Chris Barron 16 40,259 09-25-2018 09:49 AM
Last Post: Chris Barron
  SIP-T19P Message Waiting Flash jstorch 2 9,359 01-07-2014 12:11 AM
Last Post: jstorch