[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
BLF: unavailable state shown as idle
mariovoip Offline

RE: BLF: unavailable state shown as idle
Hi all,

I have a T48G (FW 35.73.0.50) and have noticed that the BLF marks an extension as available even if the "show core hints" in asterisk shows the extension is unavailable.
Everything works great when the extension is on a call or ringing but I do not understand why the BLF is the same for idle and unavailable.
Asterisk is obviously reporting different things as the state changes yet the phone marks the same for unavailable and for idle.

I guess this was a question a few years back... any updates.

Thanks,

Mario
06-29-2015 09:45 AM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
fire555 Offline

Hi,

Yes this is definitely frustrating. Asterisk "show core hints" displays the following
204@ext-local : SIP/204&Custom:DND20 State:Unavailable Watchers 1

However the BLF key shows the status with a green LED. All other phones I have used (Snom, Linksys) would display this with an orange LED.

Hopefully this is being work on?

Thanks
06-30-2015 03:01 PM
mariovoip Offline

I would hope so, especially since there is supposed to be an upcoming firmware update from what I hear
07-01-2015 05:59 AM
baobcs Offline

2016 now . I've just bought 10 t48g phones for my small business to make a total of 25phones in our office now and updated with latest firmware Version 35.80.0.80 . If this issue is not going to be fixed soon , I will have to return all 25phones and looking into other brand that can fully support this . Yealink please provide an update for this

Server: FreePBX 13.0.51
Yealink T48G: Version 35.80.0.80
Asterisk State:Unavailable
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2016 09:26 AM by baobcs.)
01-26-2016 07:23 AM
Dalton Offline
Asterisk DCAP Certified Engineer

2016 almost done and the same issue is still present Sad.

I am using T4X series phones with Asterisk 13...
08-23-2016 11:13 PM
TrustT Offline

Same issue here. On Asterisk 13 with T46's.
Even on the newest firmware an UNAVAILABLE extension still shows as idle on the BLFs.
09-06-2016 09:52 PM
SteveDavies Offline

FYI this is still an issue.

'unavailable' is a valid NOTIFY / BLF state on all other SIP phones that we use, and indicates that a BLF points to a currently disconnected, disabled or otherwise inaccessible device.

The BLF subscription should not be terminated, it should be kept active so that the handset can be sent an update if the handset is made available again.
09-29-2017 04:04 PM
siny Offline

Asterisk 15.0, Yealink firmware 82, still the same problem.

This looks like "not willing to fix"!

Seems that other phone manufacturers know something more?

PLEASE Yealink, fix this, because that's the only reason I don't recoment your phones to everyone...
10-27-2017 09:50 AM
SteveDavies Offline

(10-27-2017 09:50 AM)siny Wrote:  Asterisk 15.0, Yealink firmware 82, still the same problem.

PLEASE Yealink, fix this, because that's the only reason I don't recoment your phones to everyone...

For people who follow this thread in future, I have done a whole bunch or research, and it appears that Yealink are actually doing nothing especially wrong Sad But nor is asterisk.

1) The XML Notify message being sent does not have an obvious value for "cannot call" available to it in the RFC. It can only really indicate call states, and uncallable is the same as not-on-a-call.

2) The "Subscription-State" header is nothing to do with this issue (except as a way to make the button red), it simply indicates that the handset has an active subscription for the BLF line in question. Subscription-State: terminated indicates that the BLF subscription is no longer active so no state will be sent.

3) If someone can demonstrate this working as we all want it to on a different handset type, and grab a trace of the packets sent, I would be VERY interested in the difference. What I think you might find is that they use an alternative XML standard for the NOTIFY, which does not handle call-state properly Sad
10-27-2017 11:00 AM
siny Offline

(10-27-2017 11:00 AM)SteveDavies Wrote:  
(10-27-2017 09:50 AM)siny Wrote:  Asterisk 15.0, Yealink firmware 82, still the same problem.

For people who follow this thread in future, I have done a whole bunch or research, and it appears that Yealink are actually doing nothing especially wrong Sad But nor is asterisk.

1) The XML Notify message being sent does not have an obvious value for "cannot call" available to it in the RFC. It can only really indicate call states, and uncallable is the same as not-on-a-call.

2) The "Subscription-State" header is nothing to do with this issue (except as a way to make the button red), it simply indicates that the handset has an active subscription for the BLF line in question. Subscription-State: terminated indicates that the BLF subscription is no longer active so no state will be sent.

3) If someone can demonstrate this working as we all want it to on a different handset type, and grab a trace of the packets sent, I would be VERY interested in the difference. What I think you might find is that they use an alternative XML standard for the NOTIFY, which does not handle call-state properly Sad

Well, I see that Yealink is using "application/dialog-info+xml", while others are using "application/pidf+xml".

What is preventing Yealink to use both, in some kind of AND fashion, like: if "pidf+xml" says ext is online, then report status of "dialog-info+xml", otherwise turn off the LED?
Or let us (users) select which one to use? I would rather have presence working correctly than be able to see if extension is ringing, and if I understand correctly both can display if ext. is in use.

I am waiting for a Linksys and a Grandstream to arrive, then I'll try to compare their capabilities, and dump/analyze some traffic... hopefully during next week
10-27-2017 11:58 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Caller image (avatar) not shown StefanR 1 4,764 01-01-2021 05:45 PM
Last Post: mariovoip
  T46S Idle Screen - lots of blanks on 3 pages ghires 0 3,962 06-20-2018 12:50 PM
Last Post: ghires
  BLF shows busy but is idle DND off Daniel76 1 7,128 01-04-2018 07:05 AM
Last Post: Lucia_Yealink
  Caller ID not shown from remote phonebook Corretje 1 6,693 08-16-2017 03:15 AM
Last Post: Lucia_Yealink
Bug After update to 66.81.0.90: Settings/Ring shown incorrectly on T46S stefan 5 13,340 05-22-2017 04:09 PM
Last Post: stefan
  Number shown in call history cjtrevor 5 15,607 03-27-2017 12:57 PM
Last Post: cjtrevor
  Caller ID (Name+Number) from local directory not shown in display Nasevorn 2 21,750 11-21-2016 08:20 AM
Last Post: Nasevorn
  BLF LED is not green for idle extension for T42G fas143 1 9,643 10-28-2015 05:36 PM
Last Post: Klaus_Yealink
  Display Account Info on idle screen or on pickup of handset Sean Mathews 1 6,127 05-11-2015 11:50 PM
Last Post: Elaine_Yealink
  Outbound Caller ID Shown instead of Outbound Number donguanella 1 12,303 01-22-2015 10:17 AM
Last Post: James_Yealink