[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Timing for the X button
engine411 Offline

Timing for the X button
Hello all,
On our previous phone system before using 3CX, we had an old-style "line" or "key" system, which had four lines fed by POTS copper off the street. This system had the internal calls, such as intercom, separate from the POTS calls, meaning that to answer or make a POTS call, you had to 1) lift the handset and then 2) purposely push the appropriate line button. If you did not push the line button for the incoming POTS call, you did not get the call and could do something else, like call voicemail, make a page on our overhead paging system, or intercom another user.

What we've found with 3CX is that if there is an incoming call, that is priority on the phone, so that all that is needed to answer the incoming call is to pick up the handset. This is producing some complaints here, as we have 5x the number of people at any given time who might be using the phone to intercom or check voicemail or make a page on our paging speakers as there are people who are actually assigned to answering the incoming phone call. So, for example, if I want to make a page announcement, but as I reach for the phone to do so, an incoming call comes in, when I lift the handset, thinking I am going to make a voice page, I actually answer the incoming call. If I do note the incoming call and wish to avoid it because I am not the designated staff to answer calls, I can push the X button on the Yealink T46G, which clears the incoming call from my phone for about a second, allowing me to quickly start the page announcement. However, that second is not nearly enough for most of our staff.

I hope this makes sense! My question is, can I lengthen the time that the incoming call is temporarily cleared from the phone when I push the X button?

Thanks.
09-26-2013 09:25 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
Yealink Support Offline
Administrator

RE: Timing for the X button
Hi Engine,
Do you mean you want that when there's an incoming call, if you pick up the handset, and press X button, you can hold the incoming call, and do another operation, for example make a paging or others?
If yes, sorry currently we don't support this, once when you pickup the handset, it will answer the call.
Sorry.
09-29-2013 03:57 PM
engine411 Offline

(09-29-2013 03:57 PM)Yealink Support Wrote:  Hi Engine,
Do you mean you want that when there's an incoming call, if you pick up the handset, and press X button, you can hold the incoming call, and do another operation, for example make a paging or others?
If yes, sorry currently we don't support this, once when you pickup the handset, it will answer the call.
Sorry.

I just want the ability to *not* answer an incoming call, but *yet* to be able to pick up the handset to do another task. If the X button could have a couple options for the delay it gives, that would work. In our case, we'd want the delay to be 5 seconds. As it is now, you can push the X button to clear the incoming call from that particular phone so you can do another task, but the time the X button clears that call is so short you can hardly start your other task before that same incoming call is again ringing at that phone.
10-01-2013 09:48 AM
Kaly01 Offline

Well, I don't think so that it's a type of issue that you are telling about it. It can't be so that you're taking this.
10-26-2013 12:32 AM
CWR Offline

engin - I agree this is an issue for phones that get a Ring Group.
I get ready to make a call to someone - then suddenly the ring group calls and now I have picked up that call.

However, can't you simply select another line button to start your new call then pickup the handset?
10-26-2013 02:28 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Smile T43U handset only works when headset button is green jaydub 2 268 03-21-2024 07:13 AM
Last Post: jaydub
  Provision Button back to blank glennbtn 0 404 01-10-2024 06:34 PM
Last Post: glennbtn
  Disable X button to reject calls hercross 0 771 07-07-2023 04:01 PM
Last Post: hercross
  cannot transfer to Park line button srcenturic 0 1,777 06-10-2022 01:41 AM
Last Post: srcenturic
  T43-U incoming calls do not land on the correct line/button rtfm2022 7 7,925 05-12-2022 05:41 PM
Last Post: rtfm2022
  T46 - Program Message Button for a Help call? harrys 0 2,516 03-31-2022 11:08 PM
Last Post: harrys
  T48U - how to remove the DND button from main screen ckatz@bluip.com 1 4,415 11-10-2021 12:05 AM
Last Post: sbrammer
  T42S Headset Button Hangup absoffthewake 1 7,581 11-13-2020 09:34 PM
Last Post: smuser
  T46G Redefine Hold Button - Ques briankelly63 39 130,846 09-29-2020 09:07 PM
Last Post: chrisduncansb
  Login button doesn't do anything...T46G jayg30 2 8,391 08-10-2020 05:45 AM
Last Post: Tee