[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
loud buzzing sound on intercom calls
Stewart Offline

loud buzzing sound on intercom calls
I have a new setup with T26P phones running 6.70.0.140. On about 25% of intercom calls (apparently at random), when the caller is also using speakerphone, e.g. pressing intercom button when on-hook, a continuous loud buzzing is heard. Sometimes the caller hears the noise, sometimes the called party. If either party lifts the handset, or if the party getting the buzz speaks loudly, the buzz stops and normal conversation can take place. The problem does not occur if the caller is using the handset, or on non-intercom calls. The buzz occurs after the normal intercom warning beep is played.

Codec is G.722; Asterisk is set to re-invite the audio and I've confirmed that audio flows directly between the phones (on the same LAN).

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Thanks,

Stewart
08-01-2013 02:18 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
Yealink Support Offline
Administrator

RE: loud buzzing sound on intercom calls
Hi Stewart,
1. Did you try to reset to factory default?
2. Could you upgrade to our V71 beta firmware to check whether the problem is resolved?
ftp://yealinkftp:yealinkftp@ftp.yealink.....0.130.rom
3. If the problem is still, could you provide PCAP trace, syslog(level 6) and config.bin file to us, so we can analyze?
Before you export the syslog, please set log level as 6, and reboot the phone, then click Start,and reproduce the issue, then click Stop,and export the trace, syslog, config,bin to us.
(About where to export these files, please refer to attached screenshot.)
These three files are very important for us, hope you can kindly understand.
Thanks.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

08-06-2013 11:24 AM
vgdynamic Offline

I'm experiencing a random, very loud buzz on our system, as well. We use T28P (3) and T38G (5). It is exactly as Stewart describes (same codec, same symptoms), although not as often for us (maybe 10% of the time). We are using FreePBX 2.11.0.10 on Asterisk 11.2.1. The 38s are on firmware 38.70.0.143 and the 28s are on 2.70.0.130. It happens between any model of phone (38 -> 38, 38 -> 28, 28 -> 28, 28 -> 38), and as Stewart mentioned, it's seemingly random as to which party gets the buzzing.

I don't see any kind of pattern, so reproducing the issue reliably is not possible at this point.
08-10-2013 01:34 AM
briankelly63 Offline

It's hard to get anything that's operating in an almost pure digital environment to "buzz" these days. Could be a mis-match in Codec that occurs randomly but until its get more consistent it's going to be difficult to isolate. If it does get more consistent or seems to be happening to the person who makes the most calls I would set up Wireshark to record the RTP streams, which could be targeted at the phones IP address or the servers IP. I'd also look for a POE or power supply issue.

As I re-read the original description the part that gets my attention is that when you pick up the handsets the problem goes away. The phones microphone is very sensitive. Anyway it could be picking up something like PC vibration or fan noise on or through the desk?
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2013 02:10 AM by briankelly63.)
08-10-2013 02:07 AM
braymond Offline

The buzz does not seem to be coming from the RTP stream but more from the phone itself. I ran into this buzz on a T28P that had a headset connected to it. I initially thought it was the EHS (since it uses a Jabra wireless headset) so I connected a corded one and if you answered the phone quickly, the buzz could be heard.

I then unplugged the headset cable and no more buzz. If we answer after the second ring, no buzz.

But then I got report from my customer (last Friday) that they start hearing buzz upon answering. Those phones are T26P and no headset. They've been running for almost a month now. I have restarted the phones except one and will check with the customer if the buzz is gone on those I restarted.

I am using the V71 firmware and I use Freeswitch as my PBX. But it is unlikely an issue coming from the RTP; this buzz is more like an induction within the phone.

I'll go onsite in a few days if the problem still exists so I can collect pcap, syslog and config.bin. I will even record the sound so that people can hear what it does ... pretty annoying sound.
12-10-2013 09:33 AM
pmterp Offline

Any make progress on this? I've just gotten my first report of the problem and can't seem to figure it out. It's happening on 2 of 6 phones in this office and only when using the handset, on speaker the problem does not exist. I've updated FW to .165 and it's still happening.
01-07-2014 12:38 AM
Yealink Support Offline
Administrator

Hi pmterp,

Do you test other handsets in the phone?
Does the issue still exist? If yes, please contact with your distributor for further technical or RMA support.
If not, please replace a new handset.
01-07-2014 09:15 AM
ndt4u Offline

I bought a T46G to use as a demo, and it has a buzz through the handset. I have had it on different systems and it makes the same noise on handset. It is a low humm. Speaker sounds good. Sounds good with a Norstar handset, but may be more muted. This handset makes the noise even with the hookswitch held down, like the handset has battery to it even when hung up. Bad handset? Bad Phone? Ant idea why handset would be live when hung up?
02-11-2014 10:06 AM
Yealink Support Offline
Administrator

Hi ndt4u,

Do you test other handset in Yealink phone? Please contact your distributor for help, they can support a new handset for test and you can make a RMA if the handset is broken.
02-12-2014 08:29 PM
braymond Offline

The buzz seems to come from the twisted wires inside the handset. They have twisted and looped the red, green, yellow and black near the microphone.

What you can do is take the little rubber out to access the philip screw, remove the screw and take the handset apart. Then un-twist the wires so the red/green pair is not twisted with the yellow/black pair.

If you keep the handset plugged to the phone, the hummm should go away as soon as you start un-twisting the wires.

Looks like this twist and loop is making the wires acting like a coil.

At least it worked for me.

Thanks,
Benoit
03-19-2014 02:17 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Using SIP-T29G with SangomaOS (parked calls) Shawn 0 4,868 01-09-2021 08:24 AM
Last Post: Shawn
  T21P E2: Missed calls: How to show caller's number? quazgar 1 8,246 12-05-2019 07:19 AM
Last Post: Walter_Yealink
  Missed calls for group users Techvoip 1 6,099 04-08-2019 07:29 AM
Last Post: Techvoip
  T23G Unable to Transfer Calls Dorothea 2 9,965 03-30-2018 04:53 PM
Last Post: Dorothea
  Auto answer calls ajerez 15 39,784 12-21-2017 05:09 PM
Last Post: jolouis
  How to transfer calls to an external number Firewall 3 14,051 12-08-2016 01:32 AM
Last Post: Indcvjdn
  T2XP Series Phones Experiencing Buzzing/Humming onellpadmin 10 34,745 09-29-2016 05:52 PM
Last Post: sokiu
  SIP-T28P Can't Answer Multiple Incoming Calls Trutelecom 1 8,324 08-31-2016 05:10 AM
Last Post: Trutelecom
  No sound on SIP-T23P handset AjN3806 1 6,977 07-18-2016 01:12 PM
Last Post: AjN3806
  T20P + Failed transfering calls tic.oxipira 1 7,988 05-05-2016 06:11 AM
Last Post: Karl_Yealink