[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
W52P Can't Config
soapee01 Offline

W52P Can't Config
Hi,

I have several issues with this phone.
1: The phone believes it is registered, but it is not staying registered (re-registering).

2: Whenever I try and make changes to the configuration, it tells me Talking, Please save config later. The phone is currently unused (even the status page shows this, and on the charger). The only way to fix is to power cycle the handset and the base. The phone is remote (VPN access), and I can't reboot it either via the GUI (talking, save config later).

3: It is unable to make calls sometimes even though it's registered fine.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I'm thinking I should just return it and get the panasonic or the snom instead.

Thanks
07-15-2013 04:14 AM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
briankelly63 Offline

RE: W52P Can't Config
Please describe your VPN set up as there is a lot going on behind the scenes that could effect operation. Does it work ok when not on the VPN?
07-15-2013 06:19 AM
soapee01 Offline

Sorry. I should have been more specific. I have vpn access to the phone via openvpn on a tomato router (remote network). It's a standard config, nothing special. Nat keepalive set to 30s, registration at 3600. Trying to adjust that down to 60s to see if it will resolve the issue but I can't change the config.

Aside: I gave up on openvpn on the t26p since it crashed every couple days or so.

Server is FreeSWITCH, but that isn't the issue. This server works fine with lots of different devices (polycom, yealink, cisco, grandestream, snom, etc). There's something wrong in the firmware on the W52P I believe.
07-15-2013 07:32 AM
briankelly63 Offline

Do you get this same behavior if you don't use a VPN connection?

I believe you can export the phone log file to either a compressed file or better yet you can watch the log in real time with a syslog type server like:

http://www.sysrose.com/

Its important to find out what its doing when it becomes unresponsive. That info will enable the support group to isolate the problem(s)..

VPN is general is not easy to set up because behind the scenes the phone and the openvpn server have their quirks depending what they are running on. Unfortunately because it works on one device doesn't mean you won't have an issues on another.
07-15-2013 07:48 AM
soapee01 Offline

There is not a vpn connection in any way from the phone to the server. The vpn connection exists so that I can reach the phone for configuration purposes only. It's not the issue.

I'm familiar with syslog servers, but no extra equipment at this location to really add one. WRT54GL, so no space there either. Was hoping somebody might have seen this behavior before. I'm not particularly interested in debugging this. It's the only one I have in the field, so it's probably just easier to return it and replace it with another dect phone that works.
07-15-2013 08:33 AM
briankelly63 Offline

You may be right... That syslog server application that can be downloaded from the link I gave you can just be run on a laptop and then you point the w529 to the ip address of the laptop. All the phones activities will show up on the screen of the laptop.

A detailed SIP trace on the server CLI will also help you find out whats going on. Sometimes a given brand of phone operates with certain timings and default behaviors compared with other that cause problems with the server. The re-registration is usually related to the state table of the router. Often it is suggested the that "Qualify" be set on the extension involved to help keep the router state tables open for a given connection.

Good luck..
07-15-2013 10:20 AM
soapee01 Offline

Yeah, that's my problem. phone is 300 miles away, and the only pc (laptop) there is 10 years old and unreliable. tftpd is also a pretty good windows syslog server. http://tftpd32.jounin.net/ I've also had very good luck with the tomato (shibby mod) flashed routers (better than any stock f/w I've used, and dd-wrt) fwiw. PFSense and Untangle are also good once nat-helpers are disabled.

Just mostly curious why I'm getting the Talking, Please save config later problem. This makes it impossible to tweak without the client rebooting both phone units, which they find uber annoying (that and the inability to make or take calls). I don't see sip debugging helping much there, but maybe Yealink started adding more phone hw/fw debug into their syslog. That wasn't what I experienced on the T26P...

Thanks for the advice. I'll wait a bit and see if anybody else can chime in on the 'Talking' issue. If that gets resolved, I think adjusting the registration period may help sort the other issues out. It's a nice phone, and I'd like to start deploying it. It's gotta work though...

Thanks briankelly63.
07-15-2013 10:32 AM
Yealink Support Offline
Administrator

Hi Soapee,
What's the firmware are you using?
Our previous firmware have this "Talking" issue, this is a known issue, sorry.
So please upgrade to our latest firmware and try again:
ftp://yealinkftp:yealinkftp@ftp.yealink....0.0.29.rom

BTW, could you post W52P issue to our W52P module? :
http://forum.yealink.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=23
And in here, maybe you can find the similar issue as you met.
Thank.s
07-15-2013 02:45 PM
soapee01 Offline

(07-15-2013 02:45 PM)Yealink Support Wrote:  Hi Soapee,
What's the firmware are you using?
Our previous firmware have this "Talking" issue, this is a known issue, sorry.
So please upgrade to our latest firmware and try again:
ftp://yealinkftp:yealinkftp@ftp.yealink....0.0.29.rom
Code:
    Firmware Version     25.30.0.20
    Hardware Version     25.0.0.0.0.0.0

I looked on the main website first for a firmware upgrade. Can you update the page to show that there's a new firmware option available? It already appeared I was running the latest version. I'll definitely try this. Thanks!
http://www.yealink.com/SupportDownloadfi...8&flag=142

[Image: vpu68y.png]

(07-15-2013 02:45 PM)Yealink Support Wrote:  BTW, could you post W52P issue to our W52P module? :
http://forum.yealink.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=23
And in here, maybe you can find the similar issue as you met.
Thank.s

Sorry, I missed the subforum and went looking under Phone Specific Topics (http://forum.yealink.com:81/forum/forumd...hp?fid=12) and completely missed the correct forum.
07-15-2013 10:24 PM
Yealink Support Offline
Administrator

Hi Soapee,
Because we will release new firmware soon, now is still make firmware optimization.
It means we still not release new firmware now, so the firmware in the website is still the previous one.
We will release new firmware soon, thanks.
07-16-2013 03:06 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  W52P and W53H Handset Compatibility... starion 2 6,098 04-27-2021 12:27 AM
Last Post: starion
  Where to find doc of LED config ($LEDr300o300$, ...) ? oliv 1 4,750 01-15-2020 02:32 AM
Last Post: anonymous1711612242218
  W52P base unit no longer works RobertThompson 2 9,572 10-25-2019 07:40 AM
Last Post: FELIPE
  cfg file and config.bin file syncing softy783 1 5,248 05-29-2019 01:46 PM
Last Post: jolouis
Big Grin Bulk Config File Creation Michelth 0 4,303 10-16-2017 11:10 AM
Last Post: Michelth
  stop MAC config overwriting common config rromano 1 5,790 04-14-2017 10:10 AM
Last Post: Klaus_Yealink
  Phones always reboot when applying new config via provisioning avayax 3 14,369 12-15-2016 01:55 PM
Last Post: jolouis
  T21P E2 OpenVPN: After replacing the VPN Config it will not connect. vianneyjs 4 15,803 06-23-2016 08:20 PM
Last Post: jmoore
  Yealink w52p not hard resetting Kvehl 2 12,492 05-18-2016 02:49 AM
Last Post: HUFFINFOTECH
  Yeahlink W52p IP Calling clskinny 1 7,022 02-26-2016 05:26 AM
Last Post: James_Yealink