[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A huge number of suggestions
Mauro Offline

A huge number of suggestions
Hello!

I'm Mauro, from Italy.

This time I will mention a huge number of suggestions in a single thread, due to the fact it's a "recap" of things I already suggested by email in the past months (note: at the end, there is a "new" question).

I hope there are not too many layout errors in this post... I had to convert it from HTML (original emails) to BBcode (I don't know the exact engine that this forum is using) using a conversion tool, and then apply a number of manual fixes to the markup.

1) Problem: in T20 phones, in the phone call lists, if a name is available, only the name is shown, and NOT the number. If you want to re-dial it, you cannot see the number you will call. The only workaround, at the moment, it to press the address book button and scroll down, read the number and then go back... but it's not intuitive. I think some other way to see the number would be good (having it selected for some seconds maybe?). I'd like to have this feature for my users.

1.1) Related to the above, also the ability to EDIT one of those numbers before calling it (e.g. to add an initial "0" to make an external call) would be useful. I would suggest to open a menu when pressing the OK key (like it happens on T22) from the call lists, allowing to read (and possibly edit) the number, instead of immediately dialling like T20 does now.

2) When you press the "OK" key from standby, you can access various infos about the phone and the account, but your own "internal phone number(s)" is not shown (account name(s) is shown in the account section, but the number(s) not). I think that could be added (this may apply to all phones... but well, some models already show your number in another other place, see 2.1).

2.1) Related to the above, in addition or alternatively: in T22, when you begin typing a number, your own internal number is actually shown in the upper part of the screen. I suppose a similar thing may be applied in T20, too, simply in the place of the current "Dial:" text. I don't know how long your internal number may be... but if using standard 3 or 4 digits internal numbers, it would not cause problems!

3) Some little fixes that may be applied to the Italian translation of the menu. I specify the model where I noticed them, but cannot guarantee no other models are affected:
- (Checked on T20) - "Abilità" word should be "Abilita" (without the final accent, because Abilita=Enable and Abilità=Skill). It appears in various menus... for example, in the "always forward" menu (where there is also a "1.Always :" shown that has not been translated: in Italian it should be "1.Sempre :").
- (Checked on T22) - After you place a call in "hold" mode, the display shows "Sospendi" next to the "pause" icon. But "sospendi" seems to be a "suspend" command... it should display "Sospesa" (meaning "Suspended") or "In attesa" ("On hold"), or simply "Attesa" ("Hold").
- Noticed using Italian translation of the T20 phones (well, this time it is not a wrong word... so it may affect other languages or phones, too... I don't know). Simply, when you have placed a call in hold, the display says Attesa "". Attesa is the right word, but what is not expected are the quotation marks after that word. Why are those " " there?
- Italian translation of the web interface this time: in the "Rete --> Avanzato" (Network --> Advanced) page, the "Local RTP Port" note on the right should be dubbed as "Porta RTP Locale" (just like the corresponding option on the left). The "Packet interval" option at the beginning of the page is not translated into Italian.

4) In T22 (but this may apply to other models, too, I don't know), when you have one or three active calls, you can "hold" them, but when you have TWO active calls, you can only "SWAP" them (invert... switch from one to the other), you cannot place both two on hold. I prefer like it works in T20, where pressing the "hold" button on the active call places both calls in wait. The only way (workaround?) I found to put both calls in "hold" is to press the third line key (like if I wanted to make a third call, although I don't want that) and then "abort/cancel" that third call (this way, I will find both original calls in "hold" mode).
Going deeper into this:
In the web interface of T22, in the "Phone" --> "Softkey Layout" screen, it is possible to customize the four softkeys in various situations called "call states" (of course, you know it)... as you can see there, there is a "call state" for "On talk" (that defaults to Transfer, HOLD, Conference, Cancel), one for "Conferenced" (that defaults to Empty, HOLD, Split, Cancel), etc... but the case of two calls seems to not be in the list. Would it be possible to add a "call state" for the case you have two active calls, giving the ability to select if one wants the ability to "SWAP" or to "HOLD"? I would propose "hold" by default, but it's your choice... Of course, I would need to be able to set that through autoprovisioning, then.
Note: alternatively (and probably simpler to implement), one might keep the "on call" state only, simply splitting the available "hold" option in "Hold/Swap" (that would work like T22 does now) and "Always hold" (that would work like T20 does, and what I would prefer)... just an idea.

By the way, in that "softkey layout" options, I notice they are available (but not assigned to any state) "Call Switch" and "SWAP" (this one is only available for the "On talk" call state) functions... what are they supposed to be? I can't find related infos in T22 user manual. One may guess that "Swap" may refer to the "SWAP" button I see on the LCD when I have two active calls, but it's not enabled from the web interface!

UPDATE: There is no need to add a new feature for this... simply enabling a parameter made the button work as HOLD also with two calls. See posts below.

5) T20 phones are missing a nice feature that is available in T22, that allows to "silence" the ringer sound while it's ringing for the current call only (led continues flashing, but you hear no ring sound), without the need to change ring volume for all calls. Useful if you don't want to answer that specific call, but you don't want the caller know that you expressly declined it. It's a simple and nice feature, and I would like to find it in T20 phones, too. While the phone is ringing, many function keys are unused, so I think you may associate this "ring silently for now" thing to one of them.

6) Suggestion about phone's web interface. I noticed that the "Status" page does not show the phone model... it is shown by the browser in the login window, but after you're in the web interface, I cannot find it, and this is strange... one would expect to read it, at least next to its hardware and firmware versions.

7) About phone's web interface: there is a sort of error or warning popup that appears when entering the "Account" page of the web interface (noticed with a T22 with 7.61.0.80 firmware.. but the same also happens on T20 with 9.61.0.85 firmware... I imagine other phones may be affected)... a western user cannot understand what it says (it's in Chinese). Any ideas about it? According to google translate, it's about an "already existing" value... I don't know. I previously sent you a screenshot via email.

8) About web interface: in Italian language, tested with Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer on Windows XP. The accented letters (è, à, ò, ù..) are not shown correctly... in the "notes" on the right, they are shown as a "?", and without the following space. While used in the names of the options on the left, instead, accented letters look like two question mark symbols (and the space after them is shown). It's not an important issue, anyway, but I tell you anyway. (I previously sent screenshots of this via email).

9) A possible feature that would be very interesting, in my opinion: an exception list for the DND feature. I mean, when you enable "DND", at the moment noone is able to call you, not even the switchboard operator or your personal secretary... while it would be nice to have a "whitelist" to allow one or more specific numbers (up to 1? up to 3? Up to 5? Up to 10? Decide yourself) to call you anyway. After setting up the list, when one would enable the DND feature, he may select between "complete DND" and "DND with whitelist". That would be useful for every Yealink phone model (and it should be possible to setup the whitelist through LCD menu and autoprovisioning).
A such thing may be maybe offered by some PBXs (unfortunately, not ours, at the moment), using a DND feature of the PBX... but using the DND feature integrated on the phone would be better than using a DND through a PBX code, due to the visual feedback of the icon given by the phone feature.

9.1) Well, something similar may be useful also in case of call forwarding, but maybe a full whitelist may become too complicated there. Consider yourself. A thing I would suggest anyway, in case of forwarding, is to accept incoming calls from the number I have forwarded to. It would be useful for every Yealink phone, in my humble opinion.
Let me explain with an example: my number is 201, and I setup "always forward" to 206. When someone calls 201, the phone forwards to 206... even if 206 is who is calling me. It would be nice if 206 may be able to call me and to transfer me a call. E.g. I'm busy, so I set forwarding so my secretary takes my calls it's just an example, I don't have a secretary! :-) )... if she finds out there is someone really important on the phone, she should be allowed to call me and, if needed, transfer that call to me.
If you like, this behaviour may be turned on/off with an option somewhere (I would suggest to enable it by default).

10) And in the end, a new question... when I call another phone in our organization and it's not available, I see "Busy here" on the display (not translated into Italian)... is that a text built-in into the phones, or is a text that is sent by the PBX? In the first case, could you please localize it into Italian? If it's the second case, I will ask our PBX developer to localize it...

PS: Another suggestion is in this following post (with some further detail here).
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2012 05:59 PM by Mauro.)
11-21-2012 04:05 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
anonymous1711612242218
Unregistered

RE: A huge number of suggestions
(11-21-2012 04:05 PM)Mauro Wrote:  Hello!

I'm Mauro, from Italy.

This time I will mention a huge number of suggestions in a single thread, due to the fact it's a "recap" of things I already suggested by email in the past months (note: at the end, there is a "new" question).

I hope there are not too many layout errors in this post... I had to convert it from HTML (original emails) to BBcode (I don't know the exact engine that this forum is using) using a conversion tool, and then apply a number of manual fixes to the markup.

1) Problem: in T20 phones, in the phone call lists, if a name is available, only the name is shown, and NOT the number. If you want to re-dial it, you cannot see the number you will call. The only workaround, at the moment, it to press the address book button and scroll down, read the number and then go back... but it's not intuitive. I think some other way to see the number would be good (having it selected for some seconds maybe?). I'd like to have this feature for my users.

1.1) Related to the above, also the ability to EDIT one of those numbers before calling it (e.g. to add an initial "0" to make an external call) would be useful. I would suggest to open a menu when pressing the OK key (like it happens on T22) from the call lists, allowing to read (and possibly edit) the number, instead of immediately dialling like T20 does now.

2) When you press the "OK" key from standby, you can access various infos about the phone and the account, but your own "internal phone number(s)" is not shown (account name(s) is shown in the account section, but the number(s) not). I think that could be added (this may apply to all phones... but well, some models already show your number in another other place, see 2.1).

2.1) Related to the above, in addition or alternatively: in T22, when you begin typing a number, your own internal number is actually shown in the upper part of the screen. I suppose a similar thing may be applied in T20, too, simply in the place of the current "Dial:" text. I don't know how long your internal number may be... but if using standard 3 or 4 digits internal numbers, it would not cause problems!

3) Some little fixes that may be applied to the Italian translation of the menu. I specify the model where I noticed them, but cannot guarantee no other models are affected:
- (Checked on T20) - "Abilità" word should be "Abilita" (without the final accent, because Abilita=Enable and Abilità=Skill). It appears in various menus... for example, in the "always forward" menu (where there is also a "1.Always :" shown that has not been translated: in Italian it should be "1.Sempre :").
- (Checked on T22) - After you place a call in "hold" mode, the display shows "Sospendi" next to the "pause" icon. But "sospendi" seems to be a "suspend" command... it should display "Sospesa" (meaning "Suspended") or "In attesa" ("On hold"), or simply "Attesa" ("Hold").
- Noticed using Italian translation of the T20 phones (well, this time it is not a wrong word... so it may affect other languages or phones, too... I don't know). Simply, when you have placed a call in hold, the display says Attesa "". Attesa is the right word, but what is not expected are the quotation marks after that word. Why are those " " there?
- Italian translation of the web interface this time: in the "Rete --> Avanzato" (Network --> Advanced) page, the "Local RTP Port" note on the right should be dubbed as "Porta RTP Locale" (just like the corresponding option on the left). The "Packet interval" option at the beginning of the page is not translated into Italian.

4) In T22 (but this may apply to other models, too, I don't know), when you have one or three active calls, you can "hold" them, but when you have TWO active calls, you can only "SWAP" them (invert... switch from one to the other), you cannot place both two on hold. I prefer like it works in T20, where pressing the "hold" button on the active call places both calls in wait. The only way (workaround?) I found to put both calls in "hold" is to press the third line key (like if I wanted to make a third call, although I don't want that) and then "abort/cancel" that third call (this way, I will find both original calls in "hold" mode).
Going deeper into this:
In the web interface of T22, in the "Phone" --> "Softkey Layout" screen, it is possible to customize the four softkeys in various situations called "call states" (of course, you know it)... as you can see there, there is a "call state" for "On talk" (that defaults to Transfer, HOLD, Conference, Cancel), one for "Conferenced" (that defaults to Empty, HOLD, Split, Cancel), etc... but the case of two calls seems to not be in the list. Would it be possible to add a "call state" for the case you have two active calls, giving the ability to select if one wants the ability to "SWAP" or to "HOLD"? I would propose "hold" by default, but it's your choice... Of course, I would need to be able to set that through autoprovisioning, then.
Note: alternatively (and probably simpler to implement), one might keep the "on call" state only, simply splitting the available "hold" option in "Hold/Swap" (that would work like T22 does now) and "Always hold" (that would work like T20 does, and what I would prefer)... just an idea.

By the way, in that "softkey layout" options, I notice they are available (but not assigned to any state) "Call Switch" and "SWAP" (this one is only available for the "On talk" call state) functions... what are they supposed to be? I can't find related infos in T22 user manual. One may guess that "Swap" may refer to the "SWAP" button I see on the LCD when I have two active calls, but it's not enabled from the web interface!

5) T20 phones are missing a nice feature that is available in T22, that allows to "silence" the ringer sound while it's ringing for the current call only (led continues flashing, but you hear no ring sound), without the need to change ring volume for all calls. Useful if you don't want to answer that specific call, but you don't want the caller know that you expressly declined it. It's a simple and nice feature, and I would like to find it in T20 phones, too. While the phone is ringing, many function keys are unused, so I think you may associate this "ring silently for now" thing to one of them.

6) Suggestion about phone's web interface. I noticed that the "Status" page does not show the phone model... it is shown by the browser in the login window, but after you're in the web interface, I cannot find it, and this is strange... one would expect to read it, at least next to its hardware and firmware versions.

7) About phone's web interface: there is a sort of error or warning popup that appears when entering the "Account" page of the web interface (noticed with a T22 with 7.61.0.80 firmware.. but the same also happens on T20 with 9.61.0.85 firmware... I imagine other phones may be affected)... a western user cannot understand what it says (it's in Chinese). Any ideas about it? According to google translate, it's about an "already existing" value... I don't know. I previously sent you a screenshot via email.

8) About web interface: in Italian language, tested with Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer on Windows XP. The accented letters (è, à, ò, ù..) are not shown correctly... in the "notes" on the right, they are shown as a "?", and without the following space. While used in the names of the options on the left, instead, accented letters look like two question mark symbols (and the space after them is shown). It's not an important issue, anyway, but I tell you anyway. (I previously sent screenshots of this via email).

9) A possible feature that would be very interesting, in my opinion: an exception list for the DND feature. I mean, when you enable "DND", at the moment noone is able to call you, not even the switchboard operator or your personal secretary... while it would be nice to have a "whitelist" to allow one or more specific numbers (up to 1? up to 3? Up to 5? Up to 10? Decide yourself) to call you anyway. After setting up the list, when one would enable the DND feature, he may select between "complete DND" and "DND with whitelist". That would be useful for every Yealink phone model (and it should be possible to setup the whitelist through LCD menu and autoprovisioning).
A such thing may be maybe offered by some PBXs (unfortunately, not ours, at the moment), using a DND feature of the PBX... but using the DND feature integrated on the phone would be better than using a DND through a PBX code, due to the visual feedback of the icon given by the phone feature.

9.1) Well, something similar may be useful also in case of call forwarding, but maybe a full whitelist may become too complicated there. Consider yourself. A thing I would suggest anyway, in case of forwarding, is to accept incoming calls from the number I have forwarded to. It would be useful for every Yealink phone, in my humble opinion.
Let me explain with an example: my number is 201, and I setup "always forward" to 206. When someone calls 201, the phone forwards to 206... even if 206 is who is calling me. It would be nice if 206 may be able to call me and to transfer me a call. E.g. I'm busy, so I set forwarding so my secretary takes my calls it's just an example, I don't have a secretary! :-) )... if she finds out there is someone really important on the phone, she should be allowed to call me and, if needed, transfer that call to me.
If you like, this behaviour may be turned on/off with an option somewhere (I would suggest to enable it by default).

10) And in the end, a new question... when I call another phone in our organization and it's not available, I see "Busy here" on the display (not translated into Italian)... is that a text built-in into the phones, or is a text that is sent by the PBX? In the first case, could you please localize it into Italian? If it's the second case, I will ask our PBX developer to localize it...

Hi Mauro, for the spelling mistake, I have forwarded the issue to my colleague.
11-27-2012 06:02 PM
     Quote this message in a reply
Mauro Offline

Thank you. Smile
I hope there will be some news also about other things, in the future.

In the meanwhile, could you please give me some infos about the small questions in sections "4" (the part at its end, with small fonts) and "10"? Thank you!
11-28-2012 12:20 AM
Flora_Yealink Offline

(11-28-2012 12:20 AM)Mauro Wrote:  Thank you. Smile
I hope there will be some news also about other things, in the future.

In the meanwhile, could you please give me some infos about the small questions in sections "4" (the part at its end, with small fonts) and "10"? Thank you!

Hi Mauro,

For the question 4, if you enable the Custom Softkey feature, and choose the call states with On Talk option , it will take effect when the phone has two active calls as well.
For the question 10, yes, it is a text built-in into the phones , we can modify the translation file , we will modify "busy here" to"Occupato" on V70 version , is it OK?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2012 12:23 PM by Flora_Yealink.)
11-29-2012 12:20 PM
Mauro Offline

Thank you very much.

About question 10, I think that will be okay, thank you!
(Just a curiosity... why does the original message say "Busy here" and not simply "Busy"? Does it have some particular meaning that I don't know?)

About question 4... I have to say I didn't notice that I had that "custom softkey" option disabled, and thus what I saw in the tables below was ignored. OOOPS!!! And I would have not expected that the default values in the tables ("hold" in this case), were not the same actions used when the custom softkey option is disabled ("swap" in this case) (anyway, I should check my provisioning file before, to be sure that values have not been provided by it) - UPDATE: checked re-applying autoprovisioning file: my provisioning did not change that.

Now I have to take a look to the provisioning manual, to find out how to enable "custom softkey" option for all my users.
Hoping that one is the only thing that automatically changes by enabling that function!

PS: Now I want to check what's the difference between "swap" and "call switch".
UPDATE: Okay, I've understood: If you are talking with A and have B in "hold", pressing SWAP will immediately cause you talk with B and place A on hold..... pressing "SWITCH", instead, will simply do like pressing "up" or "down" key: the display will move to show the B call infos and the "RESUME" button will appear, but you still continue to talk with A if you don't press further buttons.

PPS: If you have some solution also for some other items of the list, feel free to reply! Smile
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2012 11:09 PM by Mauro.)
11-29-2012 03:40 PM
Mauro Offline

Hi!
I've noticed another T22 feature that is missing in T20. You may consider if to add it there, too.

In T22, when you have two active calls, you can "tranfer" them to join them, but without making a conference (excluding yourself from the conversation). Starting from two calls A-B and A-C, you get a single B-C call.
When you (A) have two active calls, press "Forward", then "down arrow", then "OK". "A" is now disconnected, while "B" and "C" will speak each other.

It may be nice to add this also in T20.

PS: Can I give you a general suggestion? Try to keep commands as coherent as possible between the various phone models.
E.G.: when you transfer an incoming call when your phone is still ringing (without answering first), to achieve this you press the TRAN key (T20) or the "Fwd" key (T22), then type the numer. After the number, you have to press one of the following keys "#, OK, Send" on T22, and one of the following keys on T20: "#, OK, TRAN". Do you notice the difference? "Fwd" and "Send" are dynamic keys, and it's okay, but why can't I use also the "fixed" FORWARD key? One would expect to be able to use the "FORWARD" key on the right side of the T22 like he would do with the "TRAN" key on the right side of the T20, but it does nothing in this particular case. Why?
I can guess you used two different names "TRAN" and "FORWARD" on the two different models to highlight the fact they do not necessarily act the same way in all situation on the different phones... anyway I think allowing the "FORWARD" button on the right of the T22 to be enabled every time the "TRAN" is enabled on T20, would be easier for users that would have to switch from using a certain model to to the other...

A shorter example is how to reject an incoming call: on T20, you press the "x" button, while on T22, you press the specific "Reject" dynamic key ("x" button when the phone is ringing does nothing in T22). I think T22 should accept both "Reject" dynamic key and "x" button" for that. I think that may help a bit users changing phone model.
Obviously, it is only my humble opinion.

Obviously, this is not always possible (e.g. that specific key is already in use in that situation, on that phone), but there are some situations "here and there" where it may be possible to fix.
11-30-2012 09:22 PM
Flora_Yealink Offline

(11-30-2012 09:22 PM)Mauro Wrote:  Hi!
I've noticed another T22 feature that is missing in T20. You may consider if to add it there, too.

In T22, when you have two active calls, you can "tranfer" them to join them, but without making a conference (excluding yourself from the conversation). Starting from two calls A-B and A-C, you get a single B-C call.
When you (A) have two active calls, press "Forward", then "down arrow", then "OK". "A" is now disconnected, while "B" and "C" will speak each other.

It may be nice to add this also in T20.

PS: Can I give you a general suggestion? Try to keep commands as coherent as possible between the various phone models.
E.G.: when you transfer an incoming call when your phone is still ringing (without answering first), to achieve this you press the TRAN key (T20) or the "Fwd" key (T22), then type the numer. After the number, you have to press one of the following keys "#, OK, Send" on T22, and one of the following keys on T20: "#, OK, TRAN". Do you notice the difference? "Fwd" and "Send" are dynamic keys, and it's okay, but why can't I use also the "fixed" FORWARD key? One would expect to be able to use the "FORWARD" key on the right side of the T22 like he would do with the "TRAN" key on the right side of the T20, but it does nothing in this particular case. Why?
I can guess you used two different names "TRAN" and "FORWARD" on the two different models to highlight the fact they do not necessarily act the same way in all situation on the different phones... anyway I think allowing the "FORWARD" button on the right of the T22 to be enabled every time the "TRAN" is enabled on T20, would be easier for users that would have to switch from using a certain model to to the other...

A shorter example is how to reject an incoming call: on T20, you press the "x" button, while on T22, you press the specific "Reject" dynamic key ("x" button when the phone is ringing does nothing in T22). I think T22 should accept both "Reject" dynamic key and "x" button" for that. I think that may help a bit users changing phone model.
Obviously, it is only my humble opinion.

Obviously, this is not always possible (e.g. that specific key is already in use in that situation, on that phone), but there are some situations "here and there" where it may be possible to fix.

hi Mauro,
Thanks for your suggestion .
For the suggestion that T20 should support this feature, sorry, the display type of LCD for the two models is different. For T22 , it is 2.8"132x64 graphic LCD, while for T20 ,it is 2.7"2x15 characters LCD.
if want to support this feature, it require the LCD can show at least 3 line, but T20 can't.
so we are sorry that T20 can't support this feature like T22.

Flora Wu
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2012 04:36 PM by Flora_Yealink.)
12-03-2012 04:34 PM
Mauro Offline

Thank for your reply.

Anyway, I don't understand what's the needing for three lines of text for a such feature.
The first line may tell "Transfer to:"
The second line may tell "1.NewCall:"
The presence of the "1." should be enough for the user to guess there is also a "2." option, and thus scroll down with "down arrow key".
So, pressing down arrow, one would read "2.<extension>" (replace "extension" with the phone number of the other active call... e.g. 2.221) in the second line.
At that moment, I think that "ok-->transfer" and "x-->abort" should be intuitive enough for more or less any user.

Please, consider that once again!
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2012 04:10 PM by Mauro.)
12-03-2012 05:55 PM
Flora_Yealink Offline

(12-03-2012 05:55 PM)Mauro Wrote:  Thank for your reply.

Anyway, I don't understand what's the needing for three lines of text for a such feature.
The first line may tell "Transfer to:"
The second line may tell "1.NewCall:"
The presence of the "1." should be enough for the user to guess there is also a "2." option, and thus scroll down with "down arrow key".
So, pressing down arrow, one would read "2.<extension>" (replace "extension" with the phone number of the other active call... e.g. 2.221) in the second line.
At that moment, I think that "ok-->transfer" and "x-->abort" should be intuitive enough for more or less any user.

Please, consider that once again!

Hi Mauro,
Thanks for your informaiton ,the reason why we don't add this feature on T20, not matter due to the LCD size, but also considering the user experience , if we add this feature on T20, the use experience will not good.
Aslo as you known, the T20 model is the low end in Yealink phone while the T22 is higher than it, so T20 can't support some features as T22

Best Regards!

Flora
FAE (Field Application Engineer) Department
Yealink Network Technology Co., Ltd.
12-10-2012 10:10 AM
Mauro Offline

Well, I still don't see any problem with that user experience (I think allowing the same kinds of "call transfers" on all models should make things easier for users who have multiple phone models in their organizations....), but obviously I cannot force you to do something if you don't want to. Maybe you mean that would look a little different from other menus, just because usually there is no menu header in T20 menus?

It's just a little "sad" that I can't decide if to transfer or conference after having started the second call.
I mean, if you already know that you want to transfer that call, when you (A) are talking to B, press TRAN and call C, then hang up and C will talk to B.
If you already know that you want to make a three-way conference, when you (A) are talking to B, press Line2 and call C, then press "conf", and A-B-C will talk together.
But if you don't know if C will want a conference OR a transfer?
It's just luck: if you pressed "TRAN", you cannot conference... and if you pressed "Line2", you cannot transfer. T22 allows it to be more flexible (if you started from "Line2").

I think in web configuration there is an option ("Transfer on Conference Hang up") that may allow to transform a conference in a transfer (if I understand correctly, "A" hanging up should let "B" and "C" continue talking, instead of terminating all the calls), but I don't like a such option, because that would apply to any conference you will do... while it is a thing one should be allowed to decide each single time.

However, I cannot force you to do things you don't want... it's your marketing choices area.

... any idea about the other things of the list in the first post, instead?

Best wishes,
Mauro.
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2012 08:43 PM by Mauro.)
12-10-2012 07:11 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Multicast time-to-live from 1 to 33 or a higher number than 1 at least David123321 0 5,452 10-09-2018 05:20 PM
Last Post: David123321
  LDAP phonebook search for number types StefanL 6 16,037 08-09-2017 09:10 AM
Last Post: StefanL
  Suggestions: Adjustable Phone Stand / Bluetooth / Footprint Keith7 1 7,417 04-07-2017 03:10 AM
Last Post: Quinlan_Yealink
  Increase number of remote phone books tsukraw 2 10,144 11-16-2015 09:45 PM
Last Post: tsukraw
  Setup dial number in phone to use multicast paging rlsabin 2 11,428 10-17-2013 02:05 AM
Last Post: rlsabin