[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
T46G Redefine Hold Button - Ques
alexgonzalez Offline

RE: T46G Redefine Hold Button - Ques
(07-08-2013 02:37 PM)Yealink Support Wrote:  Hi Brian,
You are correct, the hardkey hold button only take effect in the idle status.
And softkey layout do not have a speed dial feature.
If you want to have park function, you can just set a DSS key as Call park, but no need to configure the Hold hard key.
Thanks.

We need way to reprogram what the hardkey HOLD button does to make it park a call instead. Setting up park call dss key is great. But everyone tends to press the HOLD button instead of using the Park Call feature on another button. It's a very used feature at front desk, and having to fumble around to find a DSS key to do the function is too time consuming. Also you don't want the person to use the standard HOLD key as that is confusing when it only puts the call on hold at that phone. We have been asking for this feature for more than one year and JAMES stated it would be in the EDK, but version 81.20 has the EDK but that is only for softkeys, not the hardkey. It is a training nightmare for new receptionists and frankly no customer likes having two ways to do something, where one of the ways doesn't work and the other is inefficient and not intuitive. So can we dedicate some time to understand this and get it done URGENTLY. Very many upset customers and clients and other new sales not happening because when we demo they don't like this way of functioning. It's a sales stopper and yealink shortcoming truly!

Thanks for the attention,
Alex
02-21-2017 10:48 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
alexgonzalez Offline

Hi Yealink,
this EDK doesn't address the issue everyone is pointing out.
We want to change what the hard HOLD button does on the phone.
We want it to do what a DSS Park Call button does. This way we eliminate the issue of someone pressing hold on their phone and the call only being available to them. We want it to be able to work kind of like and old pbx system. It would be an option that users can choose this way. This feature has been promised. This link has over 22000 views, people obviously need this feature as they are searching for this.

What we want is to recode the HOLD button on any of the T4 phones to be a CALL PARK button. Is there any way to achieve this now?

Thanks!
10-21-2017 06:14 AM
Find all posts by this user    like1    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
Mazteck Offline

Hello,
Has anyone figured out a way to do this? I have several clients that want this option.
Or does anyone know anther SIP phone that does allow this?
03-24-2018 11:00 AM
alexgonzalez Offline

(05-14-2015 04:42 PM)wujs Wrote:  Hi, V80 firmware of T4x and new T2x(T21_E2/T23/T27/T29) will support EDK feature will allow users customize a softkey.
The feature is possible to be achieved at that time.
EDK feature won't be added in first relased of V80, it will be added in an enhanced release of V80.

Regards,
James

This thread has many many views and yet no attention to it? We were promised this feature in V80, which it is not there. This has been requested since 2015, and still nothing? Can you advise what this status of this thread is? many frustrated users still out there.
Thanks,
alex

Now 29,072 views to this thread and no attention to it? What is going on with this, anything with this many views should be getting attention?
As it is a problem and a solution is needed. We need this. Can we get some help on this issue requested since 2015.
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2018 03:48 AM by alexgonzalez.)
03-27-2018 03:39 AM
Find all posts by this user    like1    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
brisa117 Offline

SOLVED!

I was looking for this answer on my t54w phones and finally solved it. I've also confirmed that it works for the t46g in questions in this thread.

I went to the support page and downloaded the "Yealink_SIP_Phones_AutoProvisioning_Template_V85.5.zip" file. I opened common.cfg and searching for "hold" where I found the string "features.call_park.performby_holdhardkey.enable =". I then added this string to my config file and set it to "features.call_park.performby_holdhardkey.enable = 1".

Now pressing the hardkey "hold" sends you to the parkinglot. I'm not sure if the phone "knows" where the parking lot is, or if it send a "parking lot" signal to the PBX, or if during my struggle I input that info. Best of luck and I hope this helps someone.

For the t46g, I did the same thing, just different template version. I think it V83.30, but the feature string is still there. Glad they finally enabled it.
09-29-2020 06:16 PM
chrisduncansb Offline

That's great! We've been waiting for this for so long! I wish Yealink let us know.

To set the parking lot extension for the hold button, use

features.call_park.park_code=
09-29-2020 07:12 PM
alexgonzalez Offline

i have been on their tech team for months now, with them doing all these things showing us how to get around it.
This way, it uses the phone's call park method, which you can't set properly in it's current state. (not like the same as a soft key, for some reason). So mine, calls out the parking location to the person that is getting "put on hold" parked, instead of to the attendant who is parking the call. So while it does "work", it's doesn't work properly for me or others. I have been "fighting-discussing" with them about this for months, just to get them to understand what we want. I told them i would pay for the development of just adding this. THey gave me this work around that doesn't work fully, and said they would fix it, but then close the ticket and tell me "too bad". SO this is as far as i have been able to get them to go.

THis is the most read thread and posts, and yet they don't seem to care to really solve it? it goes back years.....
09-29-2020 07:42 PM
chrisduncansb Offline

(09-29-2020 07:42 PM)alexgonzalez Wrote:  i have been on their tech team for months now, with them doing all these things showing us how to get around it.
This way, it uses the phone's call park method, which you can't set properly in it's current state. (not like the same as a soft key, for some reason). So mine, calls out the parking location to the person that is getting "put on hold" parked, instead of to the attendant who is parking the call. So while it does "work", it's doesn't work properly for me or others. I have been "fighting-discussing" with them about this for months, just to get them to understand what we want. I told them i would pay for the development of just adding this. THey gave me this work around that doesn't work fully, and said they would fix it, but then close the ticket and tell me "too bad". SO this is as far as i have been able to get them to go.

THis is the most read thread and posts, and yet they don't seem to care to really solve it? it goes back years.....

When I tested it, the parking spot was announced to me as the user who parked the call. It was not announced to the caller who was parked.
09-29-2020 07:49 PM
alexgonzalez Offline

(09-29-2020 07:49 PM)chrisduncansb Wrote:  
(09-29-2020 07:42 PM)alexgonzalez Wrote:  i have been on their tech team for months now, with them doing all these things showing us how to get around it.

When I tested it, the parking spot was announced to me as the user who parked the call. It was not announced to the caller who was parked.

Would you mind sharing what you have the phone settings set to for the CALL PARK function?
Under the DSSkeys, Transfer, 70, Call Park label, works. Calls out parking location to us.
Using the config setup as they stated, with the Cark Park functions listed under the phones FEATURES TAB, PICK UP & PARK, set to Call park MODE = Transfer, park = ENABLED, Code set to 70 doesn't work, calls out to the caller instead of us here.
09-29-2020 08:08 PM
chrisduncansb Offline

My settings are the same. Perhaps it is a PBX issue?
09-29-2020 09:07 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  music on hold triggers randomly bfcoi974 1 1,815 Yesterday 06:32 PM
Last Post: alanwaker
Smile T43U handset only works when headset button is green jaydub 2 274 03-21-2024 07:13 AM
Last Post: jaydub
  Need bin and rfs files SIP-T46G RobbyK 1 732 01-11-2024 11:26 PM
Last Post: complex1
  SIP-T46G Need firmware update instructions RobbyK 2 967 01-11-2024 10:52 PM
Last Post: RobbyK
  Provision Button back to blank glennbtn 0 406 01-10-2024 06:34 PM
Last Post: glennbtn
  How to stop transferring calls on hold EcoEco 0 685 10-24-2023 09:08 AM
Last Post: EcoEco
  T46G recovery files evoip 1 1,369 10-10-2023 12:46 AM
Last Post: Yisroel_MongoTEL
  Disable X button to reject calls hercross 0 771 07-07-2023 04:01 PM