[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
VP530 - Disabling my face while in standby + Doorphone volume
Mauro Offline

VP530 - Disabling my face while in standby + Doorphone volume
Hi! We've just tested or first VP530 phones.

We are trying to guess about two things:
- Is there a way to prevent the phone from showing me my own face while in standby mode (while not calling)? E.g. by turning it on/off by pressing the webcam key, or just having it completely disabled until you actually are in conversation?
Having that small monitor showing me my own face the whole time is somehow disturbing... it gives me a sort of "big brother" sensation!

- We have configured the "door phone" parameters, so when the 2N IP Intercom calls the VP530, the "button" to "open door" appears. But during that conversation, we have not been able to modify the volume level on the VP530 (left and right keys -normally used to change volume during "standard" calls- do not work).

VP530 firmware is 23.70.0.40.
Is there a way to do such operations? If not, please take in account to add such features in future firmware updates. Thank you!

PS: Is it possible to set the webcam as disabled by default while calling, requiring me to press the webcam key to enable it? I mean, if I want to be seen only when I really want.
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2013 08:22 PM by Mauro.)
07-01-2013 08:21 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
Yealink Support Offline
Administrator

RE: VP530 - Disabling my face while in standby + Doorphone volume
Hi Mauro,
Sorry for these inconvenience.
1. About the local camera, sorry we don't have an option to disable it currently, but i think we will have this option in the future. You can rotate it down so you will not see your face in standby mode.
2. Sorry we don't support that feature. Do you think the default voice is too loud or low? Generally it's used only for open the door, do you need to check with the person that outside the door who is him?
3. About this enabling webcam request, generally door phone will display the webcam by default, so you can know who is outside the door. Maybe you can check in 2N side that whether they have such option to disable the webcam?
Thanks.
07-02-2013 02:00 PM
Mauro Offline

(07-02-2013 02:00 PM)Yealink Support Wrote:  1. About the local camera, sorry we don't have an option to disable it currently, but i think we will have this option in the future. You can rotate it down so you will not see your face in standby mode.
I think this option (just pressing the webcam key from standby, maybe?) could be nice.
Quote:2. Sorry we don't support that feature. Do you think the default voice is too loud or low? Generally it's used only for open the door, do you need to check with the person that outside the door who is him?
Maybe we misunderstood the purpose of this feature on the phone? Let me try to recap.
We have a video intercom placed outside the door, linked to the door opening mechanism. When someone (outside the door) pushes the button of the intercom, the phones inside the office (inside the door) ring. One of us picks up the call, asks "who's there?", the people outside replies "I'm Bob, I have an appointment with Mark", then we press a specific number key on our phone (that is recognezed as a command by the intercom), and the door lock opens, so Bob can enter. Calls are only originated from the intercom, that is configured to do not answer to incoming calls. This works correctly without the need to inform the phone that the intercom is actually an intercom.
Yesterday we found this "door phone" configs on the phone, that we think informs the phone that a specific "internal number" is an intercom with door-opening feature: on the phone display, a button to open the door appears while talking with that number: we suppose it is simply a shortcut that does the same exact thing we usually do by pressing the specific number key on the phone that the intercom recognizes as "open door" command.
Hence, we still need to talk with who's outside the door (it's just a normal call, simply with the "open door" button shown on display in addition). While the current volume seems correct, we don't see the reason this should differ from the volume you use for all other calls.
Maybe we did not figure out correctly the purpose of those "door phone" settings?
Of course, we may just don't configure the "door phone" settings on the VP530 and then that call will be like any other video call, with the ability to control volume... plus the ability to open the door by pressing the designed number key.
Quote:3. About this enabling webcam request, generally door phone will display the webcam by default, so you can know who is outside the door. Maybe you can check in 2N side that whether they have such option to disable the webcam?
Are you referring to my "PS" in my previous post? In that post, I was not talking about the "door phone" settings anymore: I was referring to videocalls in general. I mean, when "A" calls "B" from a VP530 to another VP530, when "B" picks up the phone, he sees "A" face. If "A" does not want to be seen, he has to press the webcam button to disable it. The question is if there is a way to invert default behavior: when "A" calls "B", "B" does not see "A" until "A" presses the webcam button.
UPDATE: Just an idea, but maybe it's stupid: maybe this may simply follow the current setting you will have for standby mode... if you have webcam off in standby, it will be off also during call... if you have webcam on in standby, it will be on also during call. Uhm... maybe this one is a bad idea.... maybe they should be two independent settings.
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2013 05:33 PM by Mauro.)
07-02-2013 04:37 PM
Yealink Support Offline
Administrator

Hi Mauro,
Thanks for your suggestion, maybe we will improve these features in the future. Smile
07-17-2013 03:48 PM
brixon Offline

(07-17-2013 03:48 PM)Yealink Support Wrote:  Hi Mauro,
Thanks for your suggestion, maybe we will improve these features in the future. Smile

Hi

I've providing extra videophones to company. I've got VP2009 and they're working fine.
Now I've bought VP530 and there is problem with local video like in previous post, the local camer is working all the time (in standby).
I've tried new firmware, even uc and 3cx, and it doesn't allow to turn it off.

Moving physically away camer is not a solution, becaus every time we want to make connection, we have to rotate the camera back.

Is there some other way to make it work right?
09-11-2015 05:50 PM
john889 Offline

Thanks For Info.
Gclub
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2016 06:48 AM by john889.)
11-17-2016 06:47 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  VP530 and register iromero 2 17,401 01-24-2019 09:15 AM
Last Post: Robert533
  [split]Remote phonebook issue with VP530 todubiyi 2 14,139 05-31-2018 02:27 PM
Last Post: Karla Maria
  Call from VP530 to VC400 is possible? cozpler 1 12,746 06-03-2016 05:31 AM
Last Post: Yealink_Michael
  VP530 and Smartphone Android VIDEO CALL valentinesquenet 1 14,850 06-03-2016 05:26 AM
  VP530 with Robin Doorphone Jerome Clamot 1 11,496 03-15-2016 07:31 PM
Last Post: Karl_Yealink
  VP530 - Remote control with HTTP commands matzu 3 16,729 02-11-2016 07:43 PM
Last Post: brocksolo
  VP530 No sound for caller incoming call sjolmers 1 12,430 12-09-2015 11:15 PM
Last Post: Karl_Yealink
  Disable or remove DND Button on Screen of VP530 amit_nsec 3 15,168 09-02-2015 03:21 PM
Last Post: amit_nsec
  VP530 video bug qube001 1 9,589 08-08-2015 05:31 AM
  A few questions about the VP530 provisioning tb303 5 17,962 07-09-2015 02:23 PM
Last Post: tb303