[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need help auto provisioning a phone with Nextiva service.
LittleDogTech Offline

Need help auto provisioning a phone with Nextiva service.
I apologize if this is not the right forum, mods, please move the thread if not.

I support a company that has a handful of Yealink T-46G, some T-46S, and Some T-46U phones. They use Nextiva cloud VoIP as their provider.

This client needs to be able to use the n-way calling feature for conferencing because of their business type (lawyers, the judges will NOT call into a bridge). I have been successful in talking to Nextiva support to get them to add custom tags to their provisioning file to allow this to work with these phones. They know about these tags and know what to do to get this to work.

However, the n-way feature breaks on a regular basis. In our troubleshooting, we have discovered that the 'shared line' option in Account --> Advanced must be set to 'disabled' for n-way to work. Unfortunately, when the phone restarts, it sometimes (not always) resets this 'shared line' option back to 'Broadsoft SCA' which breaks n-way. We don't know this until they try to make an n-way call, and then they are upset.

We have tried working with Nextiva engineering support to find a custom tag that will set 'shared line' to disabled by default, but we have not been successful. They really did try, spending almost 5 hours on this so far. But, they have stated that we now need to go to the manufacturer for further assistance. I think they don't know what the custom tag would be, or what attribute it would have. Not sure, I can't see what they are doing on their side.

Can anyone help with this? Perhaps give me some information or documentation to take back to Nextiva support? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
08-17-2022 02:58 AM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
complex1 Offline
3CX Adv. Cert. Engineer

RE: Need help auto provisioning a phone with Nextiva service.
(08-17-2022 02:58 AM)LittleDogTech Wrote:  I apologize if this is not the right forum, mods, please move the thread if not.

I support a company that has a handful of Yealink T-46G, some T-46S, and Some T-46U phones. They use Nextiva cloud VoIP as their provider.

This client needs to be able to use the n-way calling feature for conferencing because of their business type (lawyers, the judges will NOT call into a bridge). I have been successful in talking to Nextiva support to get them to add custom tags to their provisioning file to allow this to work with these phones. They know about these tags and know what to do to get this to work.

However, the n-way feature breaks on a regular basis. In our troubleshooting, we have discovered that the 'shared line' option in Account --> Advanced must be set to 'disabled' for n-way to work. Unfortunately, when the phone restarts, it sometimes (not always) resets this 'shared line' option back to 'Broadsoft SCA' which breaks n-way. We don't know this until they try to make an n-way call, and then they are upset.

We have tried working with Nextiva engineering support to find a custom tag that will set 'shared line' to disabled by default, but we have not been successful. They really did try, spending almost 5 hours on this so far. But, they have stated that we now need to go to the manufacturer for further assistance. I think they don't know what the custom tag would be, or what attribute it would have. Not sure, I can't see what they are doing on their side.

Can anyone help with this? Perhaps give me some information or documentation to take back to Nextiva support? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi,

Please add next parameter in your provisioning template.
Code:
account.x.shared_line = 0
where x is the account number.

Kind regards,
Frank.

I am not an employee of Yealink.
Dutch is my native language, not English. Apologies for my imperfect grammar.
Please do not send unsolicited PM messages. I will not answer them.
08-17-2022 04:52 PM
LittleDogTech Offline

(08-17-2022 04:52 PM)complex1 Wrote:  Hi,

Code:

I forwarded this to support, and they say they implemented it, but when I access the phone, 'provision now' and reboot, it does not change the 'Shared Line' setting back to 'disabled'.

Is there anything else I can check in to?
08-30-2022 05:06 AM
complex1 Offline
3CX Adv. Cert. Engineer

(08-30-2022 05:06 AM)LittleDogTech Wrote:  
(08-17-2022 04:52 PM)complex1 Wrote:  Hi,

Code:

I forwarded this to support, and they say they implemented it, but when I access the phone, 'provision now' and reboot, it does not change the 'Shared Line' setting back to 'disabled'.

Is there anything else I can check in to?

Hi,

You can check the phone configuration file by logging into the phone and selecting "All Settings" at "Export CFG Configuration File" and then exporting to your PC.
The parameter should be present in the configuration file.

"Export CFG Configuration File" can be found at Settings > Configuration

Kind regards,
Frank.

I am not an employee of Yealink.
Dutch is my native language, not English. Apologies for my imperfect grammar.
Please do not send unsolicited PM messages. I will not answer them.
08-30-2022 06:28 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Auto Provision Wall Paper Stopped Working TRP Tech 5 9,145 02-19-2024 12:02 AM
Last Post: jamesalan
Smile W73P dect phone not allowing to auto-provision as different extension Andi_Dee 2 1,184 02-05-2024 12:49 PM
Last Post: bekean
  How to disable Voicemail from .cfg in auto provisioning file? boniakowski 2 1,316 09-19-2023 12:03 AM
Last Post: boniakowski
  VPN Changes Do Not Get Auto-Provisioned joe1st 3 2,680 08-08-2023 12:35 AM
Last Post: cecilberge
Wink Auto Provsioning EOL products and devices that do dont have recent firmware releases GalacticSolutions 3 5,668 04-12-2023 05:32 PM
Last Post: aaronmedina
  account.X provisioning vieri 7 4,729 02-10-2023 07:02 PM
Last Post: vieri
  Yealink T54W Auto Provision not working h.cmc 1 3,536 12-09-2022 08:31 PM
Last Post: complex1
  T46U Not Contacting Provisioning Server 88fingerslukee 0 2,104 09-06-2022 11:43 PM
Last Post: 88fingerslukee
  Auto provision username and password kbrownlees 7 22,575 08-23-2022 11:16 PM
Last Post: mbole
Question "Trusted Certificates" and auto provisioning jobst 3 5,990 06-15-2022 11:00 AM
Last Post: dbonnell