[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Multicast Stops Working until Phone Rebooted
Blake1 Offline

Multicast Stops Working until Phone Rebooted
I've been having this issue with a few different models of Yealink phones on a few different customers for a while. We have car dealerships as customers, they send many pages per day, we have them sending the pages via Multicast to other Yealink phones and an Algo speaker device.

The issue is that it works fine for weeks, and then one day the phone will stop sending multicast pages, and we must reboot the phone to fix the issue. At first I thought it was something on the customer's network, but I keep running into this same issue with almost all of my customers that use multicast paging.

I have tried updating firmware from V83 -> 84 -> 85 -> 86 and I still see this where the phones must be rebooted after about 2 weeks for the paging to start working again. Every network this happens on is different switch vendor/model, from very basic 5 port switches to enterprise switches like Meraki/Aruba.

Anyone else having a similar issue?

My configuration looks like this:
Sending: linekey.10.type="24" linekey.10.value="224.5.6.23:10008" linekey.10.label="Page"

Receiving: multicast.listen_address.1.ip_address="224.5.6.23:10008" multicast.listen_address.1.label="Page"
06-01-2022 12:25 AM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
richard.leclerc@cogeco.com Offline

RE: Multicast Stops Working until Phone Rebooted
Any luck with this issue? I am having the same problem with T46S.
06-17-2022 04:27 AM
axiompm Offline

(06-17-2022 04:27 AM)richard.leclerc@cogeco.com Wrote:  Any luck with this issue? I am having the same problem with T46S.

Same issue here with T54W and T23G ..... no fix found as yet.
07-01-2022 10:14 AM
Blake1 Offline

I haven't found a solution yet, I am looking at IGMP on switches causing the issue potentially, but most of my customers don't know how to manage their switches to confirm if any IGMP snooping/filtering is in place. I seem to only be having this issue on the T5X series phones, but I've been unable to recreate.
07-05-2022 11:18 PM
complex1 Offline
3CX Adv. Cert. Engineer

(07-05-2022 11:18 PM)Blake1 Wrote:  I haven't found a solution yet, I am looking at IGMP on switches causing the issue potentially, but most of my customers don't know how to manage their switches to confirm if any IGMP snooping/filtering is in place. I seem to only be having this issue on the T5X series phones, but I've been unable to recreate.

Hi,

Have you ever thought about submitting a support ticket to the Yealink helpdesk?
https://ticket.yealink.com/

Kind regards,
Frank.

I am not an employee of Yealink.
Dutch is my native language, not English. Apologies for my imperfect grammar.
Please do not send unsolicited PM messages. I will not answer them.
07-06-2022 01:47 AM
Blake1 Offline

(07-06-2022 01:47 AM)complex1 Wrote:  
(07-05-2022 11:18 PM)Blake1 Wrote:  I haven't found a solution yet, I am looking at IGMP on switches causing the issue potentially, but most of my customers don't know how to manage their switches to confirm if any IGMP snooping/filtering is in place. I seem to only be having this issue on the T5X series phones, but I've been unable to recreate.

Hi,

Have you ever thought about submitting a support ticket to the Yealink helpdesk?
https://ticket.yealink.com/

I haven't opened a ticket as I was trying to understand the bug some more, and I may have figured it out.

Just did some packet captures on a customer net where we're having this issue. The customer is using all T53 and T53W phones. We did some multicast testing and found that their switch will only relay multicast packets to ports that join the IGMP group for the MC address first, and it looks like the T5X series phones are NOT joining the IGMP group even when listening is configured.

I just tested in my office by enabling IGMP filtering on my switch (it was off by default), and now when I send an MC page all the T4X phones get the page, but none of the T5X phones do! So I have enough ammo to open a ticket now as it looks like the issue is the IGMP join on the T5X series phones is not working as expected.
07-21-2022 02:22 AM
jmonroe Offline

Hello! We are having this issue and were wondering if you had a solution to the problem?
07-27-2022 02:51 AM
Chris708 Offline

I would definitely put a ticket in with Yealink support.

From my experience, older Yealink phones had an IP and port for multicast paging. Newer firmware/models added a channel.
I haven't heard from any of our customers that the paging becomes an issue but I also never used the channels.

I tried channels when I first came across them but only spent a short amount of time testing, couldn't get them to work, so left that value empty and stuck with the IP and port which I have not seen issues with.
08-05-2022 09:11 PM
Blake1 Offline

(07-27-2022 02:51 AM)jmonroe Wrote:  Hello! We are having this issue and were wondering if you had a solution to the problem?

For some switches, using multicast address 224.0.0.X tricks the switch into always flooding to all ports (for Dell Powerconnect I know this works, not sure about other models/vendors). But in some cases, you need to disable "IGMP Snooping" or enable "Flood unknown multicast" (Meraki) on the switch. On HP Procurve you can either just disable the IGMP feature altogether or statically add the multicast address to the IGMP group list on the VLAN where the phones are: https://techhub.hpe.com/eginfolib/networ...01s03.html

I do have a ticket open with Yealink for this, seeing if we can add an "IGMP Join Refresh" feature where we can rebroadcast the IGMP join periodically without rebooting the phone.
08-17-2022 09:55 PM
jedhcrs Offline

Has there been any traction with your ticket? I'm in a similar situation, with 50ish T46S phones. Multicast pages work great once a phone is rebooted, however, after some amount of (undetermined) time, the pages stop going out. In some cases, phones stop receiving the multicast pages.

(08-17-2022 09:55 PM)Blake1 Wrote:  I do have a ticket open with Yealink for this, seeing if we can add an "IGMP Join Refresh" feature where we can rebroadcast the IGMP join periodically without rebooting the phone.
10-15-2022 12:04 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Yealink VOIP phone losing connection every few minutes robertpowell 1 92 03-27-2024 04:34 PM
Last Post: SRIIVF
  Yealink phone with hearing aids Jamie22RR 1 496 03-18-2024 01:49 AM
Last Post: complex1
  Yealink IP phone lesliefrench 0 434 01-25-2024 12:37 PM
Last Post: lesliefrench
  Remote Phonebook - Numbers Display Format On Phone Medryn 19 67,850 11-24-2023 02:28 AM
Last Post: shulem@theteklink.com
  IP Phone Login Error "ERR_INVALID_HTTP_RESPONSE" nolto 2 1,834 10-06-2023 04:34 PM
Last Post: nolto
  WH67 (UC) Not Working for Outbound Calls Chepino96 0 849 10-04-2023 05:26 AM
Last Post: Chepino96
  set number key as speed dial key not working timotel 0 1,228 09-20-2023 06:51 AM
Last Post: timotel
  DND via XML notify not working in T48S :-( (works on T41x) wecloudit 0 788 09-18-2023 08:01 AM
Last Post: wecloudit
  Is there a way to get the incoming caller phone number with an Action URI? troy44 1 1,187 09-04-2023 01:46 PM
Last Post: Regend_Yealink
  Sending location information of Multicast Page elin@klhconsulting 3 2,034 06-19-2023 06:21 AM
Last Post: Yisroel_MongoTEL