[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bluetooth connection not reconnecting
jaclarkaus Offline

Bluetooth connection not reconnecting
I have a T57W which I have connected my iPhone as a second line so I can dial out and in using the iPhone's connection.

It connects via bluetooth, but when I take the iPhone away and come back, the phone says it's still connected but it isn't. I have to turn off Bluetooth on the T57W and back on, then it re-connects fine.

Does the same on my 54W.

Real pain as that is why I bought the phone
07-30-2021 08:46 AM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
complex1 Offline
3CX Adv. Cert. Engineer

RE: Bluetooth connection not reconnecting
(07-30-2021 08:46 AM)jaclarkaus Wrote:  I have a T57W which I have connected my iPhone as a second line so I can dial out and in using the iPhone's connection.

It connects via bluetooth, but when I take the iPhone away and come back, the phone says it's still connected but it isn't. I have to turn off Bluetooth on the T57W and back on, then it re-connects fine.

Does the same on my 54W.

Real pain as that is why I bought the phone

Hi,

I think that's how it's supposed to work.
When you leave, the Bluetooth connection will be broken and when you come back, "something" will have to give the command to reconnect.
The connection is easy to restore by going to Settings > Bluetooth on the iPhone and tapping the connection to the T5xW.

Hope this will help.

Kind regards,
Frank.

I am not an employee of Yealink.
Dutch is my native language, not English. Apologies for my imperfect grammar.
Please do not send unsolicited PM messages. I will not answer them.
07-30-2021 06:18 PM
jaclarkaus Offline

(07-30-2021 06:18 PM)complex1 Wrote:  Hi,

When you leave, the Bluetooth connection will be broken and when you come back, "something" will have to give the command to reconnect.
The connection is easy to restore by going to Settings > Bluetooth on the iPhone and tapping the connection to the T5xW.

Hope this will help.
It's not 'easy to restore', it a pain in the backside. And as I am in and out the office all day, is not very convenient (you can also turn Bluetooth off and back on from the Yealink to do the same thing, still a pain.

When you go out of range with virtually any other bluetooth device it disconnects, then re-connects when I come back in range (think car handsfree, headphones, etc.)

Interestingly, If I was talking on the iphone and walk into the Yealink range, it automatically connects (and you lose the headset mic and speaker ...) and transfers the audio to the Yealink, as it should, just not if it is on standby, in which case it will not re-connect automatically.
08-02-2021 09:17 AM
jaclarkaus Offline

(08-02-2021 09:17 AM)jaclarkaus Wrote:  
(07-30-2021 06:18 PM)complex1 Wrote:  Hi,

Hope this will help.
It's not 'easy to restore', it a pain in the backside. And as I am in and out the office all day, is not very convenient (you can also turn Bluetooth off and back on from the Yealink to do the same thing, still a pain.

When you go out of range with virtually any other bluetooth device it disconnects, then re-connects when I come back in range (think car handsfree, headphones, etc.)

Interestingly, If I was talking on the iphone and walk into the Yealink range, it automatically connects (and you lose the headset mic and speaker ...) and transfers the audio to the Yealink, as it should, just not if it is on standby, in which case it will not re-connect automatically.

Also does the same with my T48S ... have to go in and manually connect each time
08-04-2021 07:54 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  T58 A Sip Phone looses connection Pepejans 1 232 03-18-2024 11:11 PM
Last Post: complex1
  T58W Pro - Bluetooth Pairing Issue - BTH58 handsets JohnJ 19 26,649 06-28-2023 01:22 AM
Last Post: raseckuat
  Bluetooth on T56A with Teams doesn't work asygma 3 9,846 12-13-2021 07:09 PM
Last Post: dunevid
  T54S WiFi not reconnecting gyegavian 0 2,594 09-09-2021 10:21 PM
Last Post: gyegavian
  T58A Bluetooth Not Connecting to Anything JP-TMLIRP 0 3,434 01-06-2021 11:09 PM
Last Post: JP-TMLIRP
Exclamation T54W - WiFi + Bluetooth at same time CEPM Nate 4 10,201 04-01-2020 03:46 PM
Last Post: CEPM Nate