[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Questions about the new MP58 phone
jaseinatl Offline

Questions about the new MP58 phone
I am assuming that MP stands for Microsoft Phone, but I am unclear whether this is a requirement or just a predisposition. In other words, can the MP58 be used for SIP?

Also, We have been reluctant to leave our existing Mitel 5630 phones because of one idiosyncratic feature that we haven't been able to find anywhere. A CORDLESS Handset (not headset, not DECT)--no screen or fancy features. Just like a regular, desk phone handset without the cord. Once you get used to it, it is nearly impossible to go back and not be disgruntled.

My question is if I can't get the MP58 with the cordless handset (new) to run with my VOIP provider NEXTIVA or is there any way to purchase the cordless handset with a dongle or just use it with Bluetooth on the T58A?
03-17-2021 07:33 AM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
Yisroel_MongoTEL Offline

RE: Questions about the new MP58 phone
I believe the MP58 is particular to Teams and you might not be able to switch it for SIP use. The normal SIP equivalent is the T58.

Yes, you can use the DD10K (https://www.yealink.com/product/accessories-dd10k) with the T58 (and other T5x phones) to connect a Yealink Cordless DECT handset (W53H/W56H).
03-19-2021 09:04 PM
jaseinatl Offline

Thanks for your answer.

I assumed that the T58A was the equivalent, but it lacks the feature that I was looking for. As I said in my original question, I was hoping to be able to use the brand-spankin new, super fancy, cordless handset. In my office, we have become so used to not having a corded handset that to go back spells disaster.

What we don't want is DECT wireless handset. This is a wireless phone with lots of functionality that uses your T58A as a base station---no thank you.

We just don't want to deal with the cord. We want to be able to pick up the handset from the receiver put it to our ear and answer/place a call without a cord getting in the way. It's how we have our current phones and we were hoping someone besides Mitel had figured out what a brilliant idea this is.

Instead, everyone assumes that we want Wifi phones. We don't want wifi phones.

What I have come to realize is the new MP phones come with little contacts in the cradle (where the handset fits) to charge the handset. All it has to do is handle audio (so volume up/dn and speaker/mic) Everything else is handled by the phone.

The T58A does not have a charging port for the handset. Breaks my heart. I was hoping to find a workaround.

To be honest, I am likely going to use a novelty item that looks like a regular phone receiver but is actually a blue-tooth handset. Then, when it is on the hook, it will be on the hook. When it's off the hook, it will transfer to the novelty handset. You have probably seen the big Squirrel Tail accessories you can get for your phone.

What would be great is if Yealink would make a wireless charging handset that used the wireless charging base built into the phone to charge. Then, for legacy phones that wanted to use the new handset, they would add a USB-enabled wireless charger pad to their existing cradle housing for the handset. Best of both worlds.

Regardless, thanks again for answer.
03-29-2021 09:28 AM
Yisroel_MongoTEL Offline

(03-29-2021 09:28 AM)jaseinatl Wrote:  What we don't want is DECT wireless handset. This is a wireless phone with lots of functionality that uses your T58A as a base station---no thank you.

What I have come to realize is the new MP phones come with little contacts in the cradle (where the handset fits) to charge the handset. All it has to do is handle audio (so volume up/dn and speaker/mic) Everything else is handled by the phone.

Oops, you're right! I was not aware of this super-cool thing they have for this phone (screenshot from product page):

What a pity they do not have this for any of their normal SIP phones.
04-06-2021 07:54 PM
ystrooba Offline

Maybe if the programmers see this thread they could think about providing the MP58 with some opens SIP firmware so that the enduser can choose between the 2 systems.
If there was a T58 with a wireless handset I would have bought that one, but now I bought the MP58... Hoping they make some firmware for it
09-03-2021 01:09 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Yealink VOIP phone losing connection every few minutes robertpowell 1 105 03-27-2024 04:34 PM
Last Post: SRIIVF
  Yealink phone with hearing aids Jamie22RR 1 496 03-18-2024 01:49 AM
Last Post: complex1
  Yealink IP phone lesliefrench 0 434 01-25-2024 12:37 PM
Last Post: lesliefrench
  Remote Phonebook - Numbers Display Format On Phone Medryn 19 67,853 11-24-2023 02:28 AM
Last Post: shulem@theteklink.com
  IP Phone Login Error "ERR_INVALID_HTTP_RESPONSE" nolto 2 1,837 10-06-2023 04:34 PM
Last Post: nolto
  Multicast Stops Working until Phone Rebooted Blake1 10 11,165 09-21-2023 05:47 PM
Last Post: axiompm
  Is there a way to get the incoming caller phone number with an Action URI? troy44 1 1,187 09-04-2023 01:46 PM
Last Post: Regend_Yealink
  On MP50s responding to some phone trees ends the call TRK45 1 1,453 05-18-2023 04:46 PM
  Import xml contacts to Yealink Phone upon provisioning via TFTP vusald 1 2,378 02-18-2023 06:30 PM
  W60B - URL for Remote Phone Book Bosstoad 2 2,940 01-06-2023 02:58 AM
Last Post: Bosstoad