[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
SIP T-28P losing registration
Sepp Offline

SIP T-28P losing registration
Hardware: T-28P, Firmware 2.70.0.140

Problem: We have 2 identical phones (same type as above, same firmware, same configuration) in 2 different places. One is hooked on a ADSL line, the other on a tv cable account. Same router (identically configured), same VoIP provider, just a different number.

The phone on the cable works fine, but the phone on the ADSL tends to lose registration after not being used for some hours. I exchanged the phones within the arrangement but still the same problem.

Does the phone on the ADSL need a different configuration (see attachment)? Any other idea?

Thanks for your help,
Sepp

Attached File(s)
.pdf  YL_Konfig.pdf (Size: 52.69 KB / Downloads: 5)
05-13-2013 07:20 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
Yealink Support Offline
Administrator

RE: SIP T-28P losing registration
Hi Sepp,
Sorry i don't know about the configuration of ADSL line, but Yealink phone should register a VOIP account, and just connect to internet is OK.
Do you mean even you exchange these two phones, the phone which can't register is still can't register on the cable?
Did you exchange the extension?
06-06-2013 02:35 PM
Sepp Offline

(06-06-2013 02:35 PM)Yealink Support Wrote:  Hi Sepp,
Sorry i don't know about the configuration of ADSL line, but Yealink phone should register a VOIP account, and just connect to internet is OK.
Do you mean even you exchange these two phones, the phone which can't register is still can't register on the cable?
Did you exchange the extension?

Hi,
The fact is that the phone which loses registration after some time is always the phone on the ADSL internet line, even if I exchange the phones (or the router or anything else). I assume that the problem is rooted somewhere in the interface between the phone and the ADSL internet access. The phone company that provides the ADSL line has checked it and says that the signal is okay (however they would probably say this anyway...). And once again: If I take this phone away from the ADSL internet line and hook it to the cable tv internet line, then it works forever even if it is not used for a few days.

Funny, isn't it?

Sepp
06-06-2013 06:01 PM
elementpbx Offline

Change your registration time from 3600 to 240 and test for a day. If it stays registered then most likely the DSL modem / Router is timing you out.

Is it a straight modem or does the DSL have a firewall?
06-08-2013 10:25 PM
Sepp Offline

I will do this when I am in that location next time (it's my holiday house). As to the DSL firewall: I will ask the phone company and let your know.

Thanks for your efforts.
06-08-2013 10:41 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  T23G extensions registration Edie 1 5,769 12-18-2017 07:42 PM
Last Post: jolouis
  Direct ip call without registration (without sip proxy, point to point call)? Yusuf 7 22,644 06-14-2017 05:44 AM
Last Post: Yusuf
  Multiple Line Registration kmccracken 3 13,007 12-17-2015 11:19 AM
Last Post: Karl_Yealink