[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
W60B Handset Intercom
meeks726 Offline

W60B Handset Intercom
Hello,

The Intercom feature to "All Handsets" doesn't seem to be working.
All handsets have "Auto Intercom" enabled and as well as the "Auto Pickup."
It seems like everything we try to do an Intercom to "All Handsets," all handsets would light up and beep once, and only ONE handset picks up all the time. The handset that would usually auto-pickup the Intercom is random.

We have tried restarting all handsets as well as the base.
We have 7 total handsets and are running on firmware version 77.83.0.65.

Does anyone know a solution for this?

Thanks
11-30-2020 09:25 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
complex1 Offline
3CX Adv. Cert. Engineer

RE: W60B Handset Intercom
(11-30-2020 09:25 PM)meeks726 Wrote:  Hello,

It seems like everything we try to do an Intercom to "All Handsets," all handsets would light up and beep once, and only ONE handset picks up all the time. The handset that would usually auto-pickup the Intercom is random.

Thanks

Hi,

Intercom calls to multiple handsets at once is not possible, as far as I know.

An intercom lets you send voice messages to a single extension with two-way audio. This means the recipient can reply to you directly from their phone or web client. Delivery of intercom messages is instant, so the recipient hears a short beep, directly followed by the message. Intercom can be used to remind colleagues to check an important email or remind them of an upcoming deadline.

Are you not confused with Paging?
Like an intercom, paging also lets you deliver quick voice messages to your colleagues. Unlike an intercom however, paging delivers one-way audio messages to ring groups, meaning you can broadcast to multiple extensions simultaneously, but they cannot automatically reply back. Paging is typically used to make announcements such as fire drills, visitor arrivals or the start time of events.

Hope this will help.

Kind regards,
Frank.

I am not an employee of Yealink.
Dutch is my native language, not English. Apologies for my imperfect grammar.
Please do not send unsolicited PM messages. I will not answer them.
12-01-2020 12:03 AM
meeks726 Offline

(12-01-2020 12:03 AM)complex1 Wrote:  
(11-30-2020 09:25 PM)meeks726 Wrote:  Hello,

Thanks

Hi,

Intercom calls to multiple handsets at once is not possible, as far as I know.

An intercom lets you send voice messages to a single extension with two-way audio. This means the recipient can reply to you directly from their phone or web client. Delivery of intercom messages is instant, so the recipient hears a short beep, directly followed by the message. Intercom can be used to remind colleagues to check an important email or remind them of an upcoming deadline.

Are you not confused with Paging?
Like an intercom, paging also lets you deliver quick voice messages to your colleagues. Unlike an intercom however, paging delivers one-way audio messages to ring groups, meaning you can broadcast to multiple extensions simultaneously, but they cannot automatically reply back. Paging is typically used to make announcements such as fire drills, visitor arrivals or the start time of events.

Hope this will help.

The feature I'm talking about is from the handset, Menu > Features > Intercom > "All Handsets" and it also shows the rest of the handsets connected to the base.

We have two extensions:

Ext. 101 - Two T23G's
Ext. 102 - One T23G and one DECT W60B

Whenever we Intercom from 101 to 102, only the T23G picks up and one of the W60B handset.
What we want is for all the W60B handsets to all automatically pickup and hear the message.

Thank you very much.

EDIT:

An Intercom let's you send two-way audio to multiple handsets (extensions)? We already tested that and know it works. Plus we are doing Paging for the one-way audio which is how it is currently configured.

What we need to know is why the Dect station feature for intercom to "All Handsets" is not working. That would be a Paging feature on the Dect so basically one way audio?
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2020 02:46 AM by meeks726.)
12-01-2020 02:21 AM
complex1 Offline
3CX Adv. Cert. Engineer

(12-01-2020 02:21 AM)meeks726 Wrote:  The feature I'm talking about is from the handset, Menu > Features > Intercom > "All Handsets" and it also shows the rest of the handsets connected to the base.

We have two extensions:

Ext. 101 - Two T23G's
Ext. 102 - One T23G and one DECT W60B

Whenever we Intercom from 101 to 102, only the T23G picks up and one of the W60B handset.
What we want is for all the W60B handsets to all automatically pickup and hear the message.

Thank you very much.

EDIT:

An Intercom let's you send two-way audio to multiple handsets (extensions)? We already tested that and know it works. Plus we are doing Paging for the one-way audio which is how it is currently configured.

What we need to know is why the Dect station feature for intercom to "All Handsets" is not working. That would be a Paging feature on the Dect so basically one way audio?

Hi,

Do I understand correctly that you have 2 devices using one extension?
Yes?
Please connect one device to one extension and try again.

Kind regards,
Frank.

I am not an employee of Yealink.
Dutch is my native language, not English. Apologies for my imperfect grammar.
Please do not send unsolicited PM messages. I will not answer them.
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2020 12:07 AM by complex1.)
12-02-2020 12:05 AM
meeks726 Offline

(12-02-2020 12:05 AM)complex1 Wrote:  Hi,

Do I understand correctly that you have 2 devices using one extension?
Yes?
Please connect one device to one extension and try again.

This was already configured and got it working. Our issue now is just within the wireless handsets(W56H). For example, Handset #1 does an Intercom to "All Handsets" connected to the same base station. So, this includes Handsets #2 - #7 on the same base station.
12-02-2020 03:08 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [W70B Basis + W73H Handset] 2nd line for foreign country calls der.ronny@gmx.net 1 223 03-20-2024 09:34 PM
Last Post: complex1
  How to enable web server/ GUI on W60B and W70B after provisioning has disabled it. jhofford 2 1,882 09-12-2023 08:42 PM
Last Post: jhofford
  Handset won't ring while on the charger. therring 1 2,154 04-03-2023 09:40 PM
Last Post: FSUE
  Problems setting up W60B and interface issues Ness 4 4,659 03-30-2023 05:24 PM
Last Post: Ness
  Auto Provision firmware on W60B base station hospitale 6 5,442 02-15-2023 05:54 PM
Last Post: hospitale
  recovery mode W60B files Aleskey 3 5,147 02-14-2023 01:42 AM
Last Post: 88fingerslukee
  W60B Constantly Restarts When W73H Is Connected. nolto 0 1,479 02-07-2023 12:15 AM
Last Post: nolto
  W60B factory reset and default login carsey 3 5,154 02-01-2023 02:52 AM
  W56H handset no tones or ring swdatanet 2 4,431 12-14-2022 07:14 PM
Last Post: adamjames1
  W60B remove intercom when transfert MYCOMPUTING 2 2,466 12-08-2022 12:17 AM