[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Problems with bluetooth audio
ccwtech Offline
El Conquistador

Problems with bluetooth audio
I have a T46S FW 66.86.0.5. The bluetooth headsets I have tried have had periodic issues where sometimes I can't hear the caller and sometimes I can hear them but they can't hear me.

I tried these ( https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B083...UTF8&psc=1 )and they worked great for a while and then stopped working. I exchanged them for a brand new pair and same issues.

I tried these: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B088...UTF8&psc=1 and had the same issue.

This is the USB adapter I'm using: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R...UTF8&psc=1

I'm not sure what broke. I had used the first set for months w/o issue. I don't recall when (or why) I upgraded to the latest firmware so I'm not sure if that is when it started or not. Any issues with this Firmware?

Allen Crist
Owner
<A href="http://www.ccwtech.com">CCW Technology Computer Services, South Jordan, Utah</A>
08-27-2020 07:20 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
complex1 Offline
3CX Adv. Cert. Engineer

RE: Problems with bluetooth audio
(08-27-2020 07:20 PM)ccwtech Wrote:  I have a T46S FW 66.86.0.5. The bluetooth headsets I have tried have had periodic issues where sometimes I can't hear the caller and sometimes I can hear them but they can't hear me.

I tried these ( https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B083...UTF8&psc=1 )and they worked great for a while and then stopped working. I exchanged them for a brand new pair and same issues.

I tried these: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B088...UTF8&psc=1 and had the same issue.

This is the USB adapter I'm using: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R...UTF8&psc=1

I'm not sure what broke. I had used the first set for months w/o issue. I don't recall when (or why) I upgraded to the latest firmware so I'm not sure if that is when it started or not. Any issues with this Firmware?

Hi Allen,

I suppose the USB adapter you use is the Yealink Bluetooth USB Dongle BT41.
Both headsets use the Bluetooth spec V5.0 but I can't find any info on Amazon if the headsets can also work with BT V4.1
I guess and it looks like, there is a misconfig in BT versions between dongle and headset(s).

BTW. Did you reset the phone to factory default after upgrading the firmware?

Kind regards,
Frank.

I am not an employee of Yealink.
Dutch is my native language, not English. Apologies for my imperfect grammar.
Please do not send unsolicited PM messages. I will not answer them.
08-27-2020 08:10 PM
ccwtech Offline
El Conquistador

The headsets are backwards compatible and I have tried a factory reset.

What is most bizarre is that they worked fine for months, then suddenly they don't.

I thought the headset went bad, so I exchanged it. I'm not sure what has changed.

Allen Crist
Owner
<A href="http://www.ccwtech.com">CCW Technology Computer Services, South Jordan, Utah</A>
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2020 08:34 PM by ccwtech.)
08-27-2020 08:24 PM
complex1 Offline
3CX Adv. Cert. Engineer

(08-27-2020 08:24 PM)ccwtech Wrote:  The headsets are backwards compatible and I have tried a factory reset.

What is most bizarre is that they worked fine for months, then suddenly they don't.

I thought the headset went bad, so I exchanged it. I'm not sure what has changed.

Hi Allen,

Please make sure the phone, running f/w 66.85.0.5, isn't the cause of the intermittent one-way problem.
If possible, use the phone's handset instead of the headset to test it.

Kind regards,
Frank.

08-28-2020 08:21 AM
ccwtech Offline
El Conquistador

(08-28-2020 08:21 AM)complex1 Wrote:  
(08-27-2020 08:24 PM)ccwtech Wrote:  The headsets are backwards compatible and I have tried a factory reset.

Hi Allen,

Please make sure the phone, running f/w 66.85.0.5, isn't the cause of the intermittent one-way problem.

The phone works find on handset and speaker phone. Only on bluetooth do I have issues. I downgraded to 66.84.0.125 and same issue. I'm back at 66.85.0.5 now.

Allen Crist
Owner
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2020 04:15 PM by ccwtech.)
08-28-2020 04:03 PM
complex1 Offline
3CX Adv. Cert. Engineer

(08-28-2020 04:03 PM)ccwtech Wrote:  
(08-28-2020 08:21 AM)complex1 Wrote:  

Hi Allen,

The phone works find on handset and speaker phone. Only on bluetooth do I have issues. I downgraded to 66.84.0.125 and same issue. I'm back at 66.85.0.5 now.

Hi Allen,

When you changed the headset, did you also changed the BT dongle?
Maybe the dongle have issues.

Again I did not find any word on Amazon saying the headset is backward compatible to BT v4.1... are you 100% sure the headset is fully backward compatible... did you read that?

Kind regards,
Frank.

08-28-2020 05:43 PM
ccwtech Offline
El Conquistador

The vendor says it's backwards compatible and I found this on the net: Bluetooth 5 isn't backwards-compatible with legacy Bluetooth devices. The beauty of Bluetooth 5 is that it's completely backwards-compatible with Bluetooth 4.0, 4.1, and 4.2 devices. Another added benefit is that you can apply all of the features of legacy Bluetooth core specifications to Bluetooth 5.

So as long as the BT USB is 4.0 or better, according to the BT5 standard it's compatible.

I just bought these: Jabra Classic Bluetooth Headset. They are on the 'approved' list from Yealink and will arrive Monday.

As far as the BT USB, Yealink hasn't responded to my support ticket yet so I'm not sure about switching that out to test. It very well may be the dongle.

Allen Crist
Owner
08-28-2020 05:59 PM
complex1 Offline
3CX Adv. Cert. Engineer

(08-28-2020 05:59 PM)ccwtech Wrote:  The vendor says it's backwards compatible and I found this on the net: Bluetooth 5 isn't backwards-compatible with legacy Bluetooth devices. The beauty of Bluetooth 5 is that it's completely backwards-compatible with Bluetooth 4.0, 4.1, and 4.2 devices. Another added benefit is that you can apply all of the features of legacy Bluetooth core specifications to Bluetooth 5.

So as long as the BT USB is 4.0 or better, according to the BT5 standard it's compatible.

I just bought these: Jabra Classic Bluetooth Headset. They are on the 'approved' list from Yealink and will arrive Monday.

As far as the BT USB, Yealink hasn't responded to my support ticket yet so I'm not sure about switching that out to test. It very well may be the dongle.

I am very curious and would like it if you post your findings with the new headset.

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Frank.

08-28-2020 06:56 PM
ccwtech Offline
El Conquistador

(08-28-2020 06:56 PM)complex1 Wrote:  
(08-28-2020 05:59 PM)ccwtech Wrote:  The vendor says it's backwards compatible and I found this on the net: Bluetooth 5 isn't backwards-compatible with legacy Bluetooth devices. The beauty of Bluetooth 5 is that it's completely backwards-compatible with Bluetooth 4.0, 4.1, and 4.2 devices. Another added benefit is that you can apply all of the features of legacy Bluetooth core specifications to Bluetooth 5.

I am very curious and would like it if you post your findings with the new headset.

Thanks.
I will. Thanks!

Allen Crist
Owner
08-28-2020 07:01 PM
ccwtech Offline
El Conquistador

(08-28-2020 07:01 PM)ccwtech Wrote:  
(08-28-2020 06:56 PM)complex1 Wrote:  

Thanks.
I will. Thanks!
Well know I don't know what to think. The Jabra came. It's horribly uncomfortable but it works. I decided to try my original headset and it's working now.

I think it's got to be something with the phone or USB. Yealink support responded but only asked me if I had tried power cycling the phone. (Which I had). No response since then.

Allen Crist
Owner
08-31-2020 09:47 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Sad T46S: small and severe audio interruptions ronald.swaypc 0 1,912 04-05-2022 08:57 PM
Last Post: ronald.swaypc
  Bluetooth Headset with T42S hausrocker 0 3,366 03-25-2021 09:34 PM
Last Post: hausrocker
  T46S with Bluetooth and Wifi (BT40 and WF40) at the same time S10 1 6,183 12-16-2020 06:16 AM
Last Post: Yisroel_MongoTEL
  T48G Problems with old Plantronics Headset Lazzard 3 8,436 03-05-2020 07:02 PM
Last Post: Lazzard
  Yealink T46G Problems with BLFs n00604443 0 3,571 02-14-2020 04:35 PM
Last Post: n00604443
  T46S Problems randym_Answerusa 1 5,605 05-20-2019 03:36 AM
Last Post: Mike_Yealink
  Bluetooth headset is recognized, but can not pair TStaudte 1 7,650 05-12-2019 03:25 PM
Last Post: Jensen_Yealink
  Intermittent No Audio Issues Timothy 0 3,318 04-29-2019 07:45 AM
Last Post: Timothy
  Muffled Audio on T46S btvoice 0 3,589 04-26-2019 03:17 PM
Last Post: btvoice
  Yealink T46S/T40G muffled/feint audio Stacy63 1 7,600 12-12-2018 02:50 PM
Last Post: complex1