[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Intercom and BLF
eric@salemcomputer.com Offline

Wink Intercom and BLF
Looking for anyone with advice on how I can have DSS Keys that monitor BLF status but make an intercom call when pressed. Using T48S with Yeastar S Series. I can get intercom OR BLF to work, but when intercom works BLF does not and when BLF works the calls ring instead of intercom. I was thinking I might be able to use a dial plan but can't seem to get that working either.
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2020 12:10 AM by eric@salemcomputer.com.)
05-27-2020 08:58 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
Yisroel_MongoTEL Offline

RE: Intercom and BLF
Seems like it's not possible.

Yealink recommends (not sure this is good enough for you) using it in combination with a separate Prefix DSS key: http://support.yealink.com/faq/faqInfo?id=95
05-28-2020 03:27 PM
remingtonsmith Offline

I am trying to program the Prefix DSS key as described in http://support.yealink.com/faq/faqInfo?id=95 but it is not working as described. For my service provider (GoToConnect), the intercom Prefix before an extension is just *, not *9, etc. When I program the DSS key type to Prefix with a value of *, it does nothing different than just dialing * on the keypad, which hides all the BLF keys. If there was a way to program a DSS prefix key to press * immediately followed by the More button, this would work perfectly as described. For the life of me, though, I cannot figure out a way to automate the pressing of the More key right after * using Prefix. Please help! My users will tolerate pressing an intercom button before a BLF button to intercom another extension, but they won't remember or tolerate pressing an intercom button and the More button. Thanks!
10-31-2020 03:30 AM
eric@salemcomputer.com Offline

Apologies for the delay! I figured out the answer to this and missed this forum of places to update with the results. The magic config lines that I found on my own that Yealink Support was unable to provide is:

features.intercom.feature_access_code = *5
features.blf.intercom_mode.enable = 1

Obviously replace the number with whatever your controller needs and this made the BLF buttons do exactly what I wanted which is monitor the extension in the Value field but dial as an intercom call when the button is pressed. This also makes it so you can use the buttons for transfers and such since the value does not contain the intercom code.

Hope this helps!
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2020 11:38 PM by eric@salemcomputer.com.)
11-03-2020 11:37 PM
remingtonsmith Offline

(11-03-2020 11:37 PM)eric@salemcomputer.com Wrote:  Apologies for the delay! I figured out the answer to this and missed this forum of places to update with the results. The magic config lines that I found on my own that Yealink Support was unable to provide is:

features.intercom.feature_access_code = *5

Obviously replace the number with whatever your controller needs and this made the BLF buttons do exactly what I wanted which is monitor the extension in the Value field but dial as an intercom call when the button is pressed. This also makes it so you can use the buttons for transfers and such since the value does not contain the intercom code.

Hope this helps!

Eric:

Thank you so much for posting this. I spent too many hours simply trying to make a BLF Intercom key (a.k.a. an intercom with presence key). I added the codes you provided and could not get it to work, but it was enough to point me in the direction of some documentation that did get it working for me with my Jive / GoToConnect provider. Ultimately, I needed to add the following codes to the configuration to get this to work with Jive / GoToConnect on Yealink T48S phones:

features.intercom.feature_access_code = *
features.intercom.mode = 1

Yealink must make this feature easier to find and implement.

For Jive / GoToConnect users, these codes must be added to the provisioning template for your account by Jive / GoToConnect technical support. Otherwise, any manual changes to the configuration file on the Yealink phones will be overwritten the next time Jive / GoToConnect reprovisions the phones.

Thanks again Eric!
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2020 01:00 AM by remingtonsmith.)
11-04-2020 12:39 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  T4X no beep on intercom answer jcaruso 2 7,354 04-12-2022 04:46 AM
Last Post: JohnJ
  Intercom tone - make louder? imfloridaguy 7 18,018 09-22-2020 06:54 PM
Last Post: Nraphan
Information Increase intercom tone value support@thearcehouse.com 14 30,928 09-22-2020 06:52 PM
Last Post: Nraphan
  Ring Mute while keeping intercom ring on Problemchild 1 8,379 05-09-2018 09:00 AM
Last Post: Kevin_Yealink
  T46G Firmware 28.80.0.60 disables the intercom auto-answer function KenDoerksen 11 34,173 07-28-2017 06:05 AM
Last Post: Lucia_Yealink
  T48G Intercom Auto-answer cm21 14 37,994 03-06-2017 08:48 PM
Last Post: engine411
  Anyone have sucecss using the Intercom with Vonage? saul 4 13,028 02-28-2017 01:36 PM
Last Post: saul
  T46G - - Intercom - Call Barge Issue Abe1048 15 58,661 06-18-2016 04:43 AM
Last Post: davemcbr
  Intercom Barge davemcbr 2 8,532 06-11-2016 04:14 AM
Last Post: davemcbr
  intercom auto-answer T46G to Zultys. dew3flr 1 6,560 01-30-2016 05:35 AM
Last Post: Yealink_Michael