[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
IP Phone sometimes does not receive calls from my own mobile phone.
willywonka Offline

IP Phone sometimes does not receive calls from my own mobile phone.
I own the IP Phone W60P W56H W60B.Only one handset and one sip.I use it as a private phone.It receives incoming calls without a problem however, it is a hit and miss affair when I am out and want to phone the handset with my mobile phone.The mobile phone rings the home number but the Yealink phone is dead.No ring tone ,nothing at all, not even a missed call message.I can call my mobile phone with the Yealink phone without problem.It has received calls from other mobile phones and landlines without problem.I have noticed if I switch off the base and turn it back on the handset will ring when I place a call from my mobile phone.There have been times when I've tested the handset by placing a number of mobile phone calls to it, spaced a few minutes apart.The handset manages to receive 3 or 4 calls and then say, on the 5 attempt, the handset will not ring.I don't understand the intermittent nature of the phone being able to receive a call from my mobile in one moment and then, unable to do so in the next?
Any help would be be appreciated.The phone is critical because I'm a carer for my elderly mother.
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2020 10:14 AM by willywonka.)
05-25-2020 03:15 AM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
complex1 Offline
3CX Adv. Cert. Engineer

RE: IP Phone sometimes does not receive calls from my own mobile phone.
(05-25-2020 03:15 AM)willywonka Wrote:  I own the IP Phone W60P W56H W60B.Only one handset and one sip.I use it as a private phone.It receives incoming calls without a problem however, it is a hit and miss affair when I am out and want to phone the handset with my mobile phone.The mobile phone rings the home number but the Yealink phone is dead.No ring tone ,nothing at all, not even a missed call message.I can call my mobile phone with the Yealink phone without problem.It has received calls from other mobile phones and landlines without problem.I have noticed if I switch off the base and turn it back on the handset will ring when I place a call from my mobile phone.There have been times when I've tested the handset by placing a number of mobile phone calls to it, spaced a few minutes apart.The handset manages to receive 3 or 4 calls and then say, on the 5 attempt, the handset will not ring.I don't understand the intermittent nature of the phone being able to receive a call from my mobile in one moment and then, unable to do so in the next?
Any help would be be appreciated.The phone is critical because I'm a carer for my elderly mother.

Hi,

This is because the router closes its ports over time to exclude unauthorized requests.
Ports can be kept open by, for example, using a STUN server.
The settings for using a STUN server can be found in the base station.
(Network> NAT> STUN)

Hope this will help.

Kind regards,
Frank.

I am not an employee of Yealink.
Dutch is my native language, not English. Apologies for my imperfect grammar.
Please do not send unsolicited PM messages. I will not answer them.
05-25-2020 11:25 AM
willywonka Offline

(05-25-2020 11:25 AM)complex1 Wrote:  
(05-25-2020 03:15 AM)willywonka Wrote:  I own the IP Phone W60P W56H W60B.Only one handset and one sip.I use it as a private phone.It receives incoming calls without a problem however, it is a hit and miss affair when I am out and want to phone the handset with my mobile phone.The mobile phone rings the home number but the Yealink phone is dead.No ring tone ,nothing at all, not even a missed call message.I can call my mobile phone with the Yealink phone without problem.It has received calls from other mobile phones and landlines without problem.I have noticed if I switch off the base and turn it back on the handset will ring when I place a call from my mobile phone.There have been times when I've tested the handset by placing a number of mobile phone calls to it, spaced a few minutes apart.The handset manages to receive 3 or 4 calls and then say, on the 5 attempt, the handset will not ring.I don't understand the intermittent nature of the phone being able to receive a call from my mobile in one moment and then, unable to do so in the next?

Hi,

This is because the router closes its ports over time to exclude unauthorized requests.
Ports can be kept open by, for example, using a STUN server.
The settings for using a STUN server can be found in the base station.
(Network> NAT> STUN)

Hope this will help.

Hi,

Thanks, your suggestion initially seemed to have worked. I tested by making calls(7 times)throughout the day to the Yealink phone using my mobile, the 7th call was not received.Sad
I'm not technically savvy, so I may have to try another phone brand that may be easier to set up?It is disappointing that I can make and receive calls with the Yealink phone and yet, I can call it 10X and on the eleventh time, it may not receive the call.My fear is that it could do the same to other callers.
05-26-2020 10:42 AM
complex1 Offline
3CX Adv. Cert. Engineer

(05-26-2020 10:42 AM)willywonka Wrote:  Hi,

Thanks, your suggestion initially seemed to have worked. I tested by making calls(7 times)throughout the day to the Yealink phone using my mobile, the 7th call was not received.Sad
I'm not technically savvy, so I may have to try another phone brand that may be easier to set up?It is disappointing that I can make and receive calls with the Yealink phone and yet, I can call it 10X and on the eleventh time, it may not receive the call.My fear is that it could do the same to other callers.

Hi,

You can't blame Yealink for this, because it is a network issue you got.
Just like a car... if the engine is unreliable, the car is unreliable.
If you network is unreliable, incoming phone calls delivers unreliable to your phone.
Outgoing phone calls are always good, right?

Kind regards,
Frank.

I am not an employee of Yealink.
Dutch is my native language, not English. Apologies for my imperfect grammar.
Please do not send unsolicited PM messages. I will not answer them.
05-26-2020 11:39 AM
willywonka Offline

(05-26-2020 11:39 AM)complex1 Wrote:  
(05-26-2020 10:42 AM)willywonka Wrote:  Hi,

Hi,

You can't blame Yealink for this, because it is a network issue you got.
Just like a car... if the engine is unreliable, the car is unreliable.
If you network is unreliable, incoming phone calls delivers unreliable to your phone.
Outgoing phone calls are always good, right?

Yep, I can always make outgoing calls.I'll try and sort it with my provider.
05-27-2020 01:12 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Yealink VOIP phone losing connection every few minutes robertpowell 1 107 03-27-2024 04:34 PM
Last Post: SRIIVF
  Yealink phone with hearing aids Jamie22RR 1 496 03-18-2024 01:49 AM
Last Post: complex1
  Yealink IP phone lesliefrench 0 434 01-25-2024 12:37 PM
Last Post: lesliefrench
  Yealink T58W and Grandstream UCM6308 delayed audio on outgoing calls waltersjo 2 1,693 12-19-2023 11:10 PM
Last Post: waltersjo
  T33G - Unknown Symbol - Can't Make Outbound Calls bbopp 0 568 12-09-2023 03:21 AM
Last Post: bbopp
  Remote Phonebook - Numbers Display Format On Phone Medryn 19 67,853 11-24-2023 02:28 AM
Last Post: shulem@theteklink.com
  IP Phone Login Error "ERR_INVALID_HTTP_RESPONSE" nolto 2 1,837 10-06-2023 04:34 PM
Last Post: nolto
  WH67 (UC) Not Working for Outbound Calls Chepino96 0 849 10-04-2023 05:26 AM
Last Post: Chepino96
  Multicast Stops Working until Phone Rebooted Blake1 10 11,165 09-21-2023 05:47 PM
Last Post: axiompm
  Is there a way to get the incoming caller phone number with an Action URI? troy44 1 1,187 09-04-2023 01:46 PM
Last Post: Regend_Yealink