[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
T55A - Durability & General Usage Reviews
cssysadm Offline

T55A - Durability & General Usage Reviews
Hello!

I'm currently testing and comparing the T55A & T56A models for SFB Online & Teams as my organization prepares to migrate to Teams and upgrade about 60 desk phones.

For anyone who has experience with the T55A -- have there been any issues with the silver, plastic holder that the phone receiver rests on (also used to disconnect calls when hung up)? We're wondering if we can expect these to hold up for 3-5 years, and curious if they might be replaceable in the event that they break.

Also, for anyone who has deployed the T55/T56 models for Teams -- how have the phones worked out for you?

Thank you.
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2020 03:07 PM by cssysadm.)
01-24-2020 08:06 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
mzocherGL Offline

RE: T55A - Durability & General Usage Reviews
We have deployed about 25 of the Yealink T55A with the Teams firmware over the last 3 months. No physical breaks, but it's early days still. I have a front desk staff who's using her phone most the day, and she's run into these bugs (all with the 15.0.85 firmware):
  • Occasional crash (every 2 weeks or so) of Teams app, especially in the middle of a call trying to transfer
  • If a second call comes in when she's trying to transfer, it blocks the interface for her until the second call ends.
  • More rare (1/month) the phone will receive calls but not ring
Every one of those I've opened tickets with Yealink, and they're all bugs with the Microsoft supplied Teams app (but Yealink engineers did pass them on). Odds are, you'd see these bugs on any Teams hardware. We're waiting to put out 15.0.87 until they put out some release notes.

As for the physical phone, I've had a couple complaints that the screen is quite small. But for most basic users, that's not been a problem.
01-28-2020 02:39 PM
cssysadm Offline

(01-28-2020 02:39 PM)mzocherGL Wrote:  We have deployed about 25 of the Yealink T55A with the Teams firmware over the last 3 months. No physical breaks, but it's early days still. I have a front desk staff who's using her phone most the day, and she's run into these bugs (all with the 15.0.85 firmware):
  • Occasional crash (every 2 weeks or so) of Teams app, especially in the middle of a call trying to transfer
  • If a second call comes in when she's trying to transfer, it blocks the interface for her until the second call ends.
Every one of those I've opened tickets with Yealink, and they're all bugs with the Microsoft supplied Teams app (but Yealink engineers did pass them on). Odds are, you'd see these bugs on any Teams hardware. We're waiting to put out 15.0.87 until they put out some release notes.

As for the physical phone, I've had a couple complaints that the screen is quite small. But for most basic users, that's not been a problem.

Thanks for the response! Very helpful. Are you using Teams directly for the front desk staff for call transfers, etc.? We use a call attendant interface with SFB to make that easier now, but the options for that in Teams are limited.
01-28-2020 02:58 PM
mzocherGL Offline

(01-28-2020 02:58 PM)cssysadm Wrote:  Thanks for the response! Very helpful. Are you using Teams directly for the front desk staff for call transfers, etc.? We use a call attendant interface with SFB to make that easier now, but the options for that in Teams are limited.

We have a few different locations. At one, the front desk employee is using the T55A directly (which is limited, but works). At some others, the front desk team is using the Teams app on their PC with a headset (works a little better). And a few others are using a 3PIP phones (I *DON'T* recommend - you don't have warm transfer support, can't send to VM, etc).

I'm not very familiar with call attendant interfaces - we didn't use them in my past job (which had SFB on prem) or currently. There are a few vendors gearing them up for Teams once the very-anticipated Graph APIs are released this quarter. I might check them out!
01-29-2020 04:21 PM
asygma Offline

I did a review on T56A if that helps, so far the phone is doing okayish

https://youtu.be/X4iGxSLgRfQ
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2020 09:43 PM by asygma.)
02-02-2020 09:43 PM
chrismoo Offline

The Teams desktop app vs the phone is better for anyone who needs to route calls.

The T55 is too small for front end people to easily transfer calls - we gave out front end staff T56's for this reason BUT there is one main issue:

You cannot select alternate numbers for a contact - for example and most important when you transfer a call in the app you can transfer to the contact's voicemail vs their phone using the dropdown - the Teams app on the phones does not support this so you cannot transfer to voicemail - a major issue for us. I'm migrating our front end staff to headsets and the Desktop client for this reason alone.

(01-28-2020 02:58 PM)cssysadm Wrote:  
(01-28-2020 02:39 PM)mzocherGL Wrote:  We have deployed about 25 of the Yealink T55A with the Teams firmware over the last 3 months. No physical breaks, but it's early days still. I have a front desk staff who's using her phone most the day, and she's run into these bugs (all with the 15.0.85 firmware):

Thanks for the response! Very helpful. Are you using Teams directly for the front desk staff for call transfers, etc.? We use a call attendant interface with SFB to make that easier now, but the options for that in Teams are limited.
02-24-2020 03:38 PM
chrismoo Offline

Well got dressed down by my CEO today who wants to return ALL the Yealink handsets (T55A) as the speakerphone is garbage Sad

Anyone else had complaints? I just pushed out the latest firmware last night that addresses some sound or noise reduction issues but would like to know if anyone else is less than impressed with the T55A?
02-25-2020 06:41 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  T55A won´t logout aroza 1 1,052 09-01-2023 12:50 AM
Last Post: complex1
  T55A Skype for Business - Account Register d1e 0 1,361 08-04-2022 08:41 PM
Last Post: d1e
  T55A Teams very slow, unresponsive craig.itdd 4 10,592 03-21-2022 11:48 PM
Last Post: anthony.prieto@enovert.co.uk
  Can i update the firmware for a T55a from a usb stick? Litz62 0 3,511 09-21-2021 10:44 PM
Last Post: Litz62
  T55A Firmware Recovery via USB dave.barker 3 14,571 09-21-2021 10:41 PM
Last Post: Litz62
  T55A web interface refused to connect KilleenJeffrey 1 5,498 08-26-2021 06:48 PM
Last Post: MathFly_
  T55A Won't Provision jacobbehrnes 4 7,993 06-11-2021 01:20 AM
Last Post: complex1
  Contact card on T55A mobile number visibility stefanc 1 5,193 04-29-2020 05:12 AM
Last Post: stefanc
Lightbulb Dail-out T55A with Teams for Windows Remcovdb 0 3,611 03-25-2020 03:16 PM
Last Post: Remcovdb
  T55A - change firmware from Teams to SIP peterf 12 30,051 03-25-2020 05:33 AM
Last Post: Rahm1379