[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Check/Report uptime or last boot?
AndyM Offline

Check/Report uptime or last boot?
I am looking for a way to check the last boot time or the uptime of our Yealink phones. I have looked at the remote control functionality as well as the Action URL, but this piece of data doesn't seem to be available. Checking phones manually using the web interface won't work, as we want to programatically check our phones for monitoring and problems.

Does anyone know of a way to get this information? Thanks!
01-16-2020 09:37 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
anonymous1711612242218
Unregistered

RE: Check/Report uptime or last boot?
(01-16-2020 09:37 PM)AndyM Wrote:  I am looking for a way to check the last boot time or the uptime of our Yealink phones. I have looked at the remote control functionality as well as the Action URL, but this piece of data doesn't seem to be available. Checking phones manually using the web interface won't work, as we want to programatically check our phones for monitoring and problems.

Does anyone know of a way to get this information? Thanks!

Dear Customer ,

Good day ,this is Phil from Yealink Technical Support Team ,nice to meet you .

I am sorry there is the only way you can use is "ACTION URL" to upload message of startup and you can record the time .

When the IP Phone completed startup and by sending an HTTP or HTTPS GET request to let you know it .For more information you can check in ACTION URL in admin guide .Thanks .
Do you mind to let us know why you need this time ?
Best Regards,
01-17-2020 05:25 AM
     Quote this message in a reply
AndyM Offline

Hi Phil, thank you for your response. I checked the Action URL previously but did not find a variable that reports either uptime or last reboot date & time. Is there another variable available that provides that information that the documentation doesn't mention? I'm currently reviewing the "Yealink SIP-T2 Series/T4 Series/T5 Series/CP920 IP Phones Administrator Guide".

Also, we are looking at solutions because this month we have started to have phones that drop registration with the PBX. The phones can place calls, but the PBX shows that extension as "Unknown" with no IP address. Calls to that extension go right to voicemail, while outgoing calls work fine. There's still no registration after an outbound call, however. Rebooting the phone fixes it. This has so far only happened with SIP-T22P phones that we're aware of (this model forms about 70% of our phones). I can send a remote reboot command or walk the user through rebooting the phone. However, we need a way to confirm that the phone did in fact reboot.

Because of the simplicity of the solution, we are implementing a nightly reboot of all phones. However, we also need to be able to check for phones that are not rebooting as expected. I need to be able to do that programmatically in order to handle the scale - it is not feasible for me to log in to the web interface for each phone in our organization on a regular basis.
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2020 03:57 PM by AndyM.)
01-17-2020 03:55 PM
jolouis Offline

OK silly question but since you can see the issue from the PBX side, why would you not a) try to find out what is actually causing the loss of registrations and fix that and b) monitor from the PBX side (which is what matters really anyway).

i.e. have a task that runs on the PBX checking for phones that the system marks as switching from registered to unregistered. Then, catch any where that happens, run a ping test to see if the phone is still alive, and if it is then either push a re-registration request or push the reboot.

Have your script/monitoring keep track, and any phone that it tries to fix as above but does not see come back online after say 5-10 minutes, then send you a notification to manually intervene...

That would be my logic anyway as you don't really care about uptimes of the phones, you care about whether they are staying online or loosing connection and not working.
01-20-2020 02:17 PM
AndyM Offline

That's not a silly question at all. What you say makes a lot of sense, but it only addresses part of the issue. Admittedly it's the larger part, but...

The short answer is because my boss wants to do it this way.

The longer answer/question is, how would you know that the reboot request actually worked? You could then check to make sure the phone reconnected within x period of time, but that still doesn't tell you if the reboot succeeded. If the reboot worked and that didn't fix it then you have a different issue on your hands. This also applies to other scenarios where we want to reboot a phone remotely for miscellaneous support reasons, and we want to make sure that the phone reboot actually works.

As for figuring out what the real issue is, we're working on that but we don't want to spend too much time on it given the solution is extremely simple.
01-20-2020 02:29 PM
Lewis-H Offline
Banned

Open Start.
Search for Command Prompt, right-click the top result, and click the Run as administrator option.
Type the following command to query the device's last boot time and press Enter: wmic path Win32_OperatingSystem get LastBootUpTime.
05-28-2020 02:16 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike1 Quote this message in a reply
AndyM Offline

(05-28-2020 02:16 PM)Lewis-H Wrote:  Open Start.
Search for Command Prompt, right-click the top result, and click the Run as administrator option.
Type the following command to query the device's last boot time and press Enter: wmic path Win32_OperatingSystem get LastBootUpTime.

You do realize that this has absolutely no bearing on the phone, right? These instructions are for boot time on your PC which has no bearing to the question at hand.
05-28-2020 02:33 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How to remotely check time is correctly set ? oliv 2 2,203 05-22-2023 05:45 PM
Last Post: oliv
  Check battery status remotely? poznaniak 1 4,040 07-05-2021 08:48 PM
Last Post: complex1
  When does "Check-Sync, reboot=false" notify cause reboot avayax 1 7,871 12-17-2016 06:29 PM
Last Post: complex1