[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Disable line x while phone is set to DND
IT-Risch_Support Offline
VDLX

Disable line x while phone is set to DND
Hello friends. I wanted to ask how the DND function in the phone works while it is turned on? Does it also disable line? Or does the phone still use the credentials to log on the sip server?

I have two Yealinik phones and I wanted to use ony one set of credentials. Normally, if one username and password is entered on two different devices it can occur, that the phonecall stops when second device logs on the server. What i want is to disable the line while the phone is set to DND. Maybe it is also possible to create a parameter like disable.line.x.on.dnd for autoprovision as well.
08-03-2019 04:52 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
complex1 Offline
3CX Adv. Cert. Engineer

RE: Disable line x while phone is set to DND
(08-03-2019 04:52 PM)IT-Risch_Support Wrote:  Hello friends. I wanted to ask how the DND function in the phone works while it is turned on? Does it also disable line? Or does the phone still use the credentials to log on the sip server?

I have two Yealinik phones and I wanted to use ony one set of credentials. Normally, if one username and password is entered on two different devices it can occur, that the phonecall stops when second device logs on the server. What i want is to disable the line while the phone is set to DND. Maybe it is also possible to create a parameter like disable.line.x.on.dnd for autoprovision as well.

Hi,

I think all what you want to achieve with the DND function is possible, but not to explain in two words.
I recommend to download the Admin Guide of your phone and search for the part Do Not Disturb (DND) and read what there is written about DND.

Kind regards,
Frank.

I am not an employee of Yealink.
Dutch is my native language, not English. Apologies for my imperfect grammar.
Please do not send unsolicited PM messages. I will not answer them.
08-03-2019 05:50 PM
IT-Risch_Support Offline
VDLX

The phone still shows "online" in our broadsoft admin console. It there any way to disable line when the phone is set to DND?
08-07-2019 09:16 AM
jolouis Offline

(08-07-2019 09:16 AM)IT-Risch_Support Wrote:  The phone still shows "online" in our broadsoft admin console. It there any way to disable line when the phone is set to DND?

Short answer is no, DND does not function that way. If you are determined to share a single SIP account between two devices, try taking a look at the hot desking feature in the admin guide.

Using hotdesking, you can log into a phone with your SIP account details directly on the phone. When you're done, you press logout, and the phone logs out and goes back to login prompt. On the other phone, you can then log in again using the same credentials.

It's a bit annoying because it means you need to type in the account password each time, but if that's not too difficult then that is the easiest way to achieve your goal.

Alternatively you could automate it with some kind of pushXML/configuration updates triggered by a programmed XML browswer key, but that's much more complicated to setup and requires you to understand what you're doing and have a scriptable server on hand to make it happen.
08-07-2019 02:00 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Yealink VOIP phone losing connection every few minutes robertpowell 1 130 03-27-2024 04:34 PM
Last Post: SRIIVF
  Yealink phone with hearing aids Jamie22RR 1 500 03-18-2024 01:49 AM
Last Post: complex1
  Yealink IP phone lesliefrench 0 436 01-25-2024 12:37 PM
Last Post: lesliefrench
  Disable Internal Call History Only justyncharbonneau 1 618 01-05-2024 12:53 AM
  Remote Phonebook - Numbers Display Format On Phone Medryn 19 67,861 11-24-2023 02:28 AM
Last Post: shulem@theteklink.com
  IP Phone Login Error "ERR_INVALID_HTTP_RESPONSE" nolto 2 1,839 10-06-2023 04:34 PM
Last Post: nolto
  Multicast Stops Working until Phone Rebooted Blake1 10 11,175 09-21-2023 05:47 PM
Last Post: axiompm
  Is there a way to get the incoming caller phone number with an Action URI? troy44 1 1,189 09-04-2023 01:46 PM
Last Post: Regend_Yealink
  Audio Delay - Disable Jitter Buffer? joni1802 4 2,449 07-17-2023 10:20 PM
  On MP50s responding to some phone trees ends the call TRK45 1 1,455 05-18-2023 04:46 PM