[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Recoding channels separately
tomtjes Offline

Recoding channels separately
I use USB recordings and it works pretty well so far. However, I wish that the legs of a call, the incoming and outgoing audio, were recorded separately. This could be done either in a 2-channel (stereo) file (or maybe even n-channel for conference calls?) or as separate mono files.

This would make it much easier to work with the recordings, e.g. for me as a podcaster and radio producer, who needs voices isolated as much as possible to make edits.
07-08-2019 09:57 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
Evan_Yealink Offline
Administrator

RE: Recoding channels separately
Hi Sir,

This is Evan from Yealink Support Team, nice to know you here!

Sorry, this Recoding channels separately feature is not supported in Yealink phones. But you can capture the Received or sent RTP voice separately from pcap files, for this, you should capture pcap file of every call.

Best Regards,
Evan You
07-12-2019 10:05 AM
Babylonia Offline

RE: Recoding channels separately
(07-08-2019 09:57 PM)tomtjes Wrote:  I wish that the legs of a call, the incoming and outgoing audio, were recorded separately. This could be done either in a 2-channel (stereo) file

Instead of using a "desktop" phone, you also could make use of a VOIP "soft-phone" application on your laptop.
E.g. the base functionality of the < 3CX "soft-phone" > app, recording for incoming and outgoing channels are separated as by function of stereo channels.

I guess much more easy to handle.

Voice recordings by 3CX are stored at:
C:\Users\[ your name ]\AppData\Local\3CX VoIP Phone\Recordings
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2019 02:27 AM by Babylonia.)
07-20-2019 02:28 PM